• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

System running with an unknown MCU??? What can I do???

Search This thread

jinete0

Jul 28, 2021
Hi all.

I'm new in this world an page.
Nice to read this complete forum.

I had a problem with this 3years old system:

It's a octacore T8.
It works well as a tablet, but the buttons of applications are not responding:

For example, the radio, the cd player, the equalizer,etc.
At least, not the included from origin. Is this a MCU failure??? you can see in the pictures that the system shows "MCU unknown"

I read from multiple pages of this forum that there's a lot of brands, software versions and MCU, but you have to place the right one or you can "brick" the system...

With the system version V9.2.2_20170131.110048_TW2 can I search how can I proceed???

What should be the software ok for my system??? Any place to download with instructions (Dumb mode for me?)

I'm very lost and the manufacturer from Aliexpress is not responding.

Thanks in advance, all the help is welcome.

radiosystem.jpeg
radio status.jpeg
radio interior.jpeg

jinete0

Jul 28, 2021
Hi marchnz.....

In first term, sorry if my English is not very good, I am writing from Spain...

The problem is that with your link, the webpage opens a lot of another links with people with other problems. Most of them they know at least their MCU version. My system shows unknow version. I read another links, for example, of people that, as me, doesn't know if his unit is MCTC/D/E.---- PX3-PX5.. etc, and what would be the right version to load new firmware without turn my radio in to a nice brick.

Is not easy for people as me, that we have only 2-3 days of experience.

In the past, I added ROMs to mobile phones, but always knowing what model is, now with the chinese radios, you don't know what are you buying, systems rebranded, false brands, components inside from other brands.
Yesterday I was testing in a shop , I found that old JVC and Kenwood 2DIN had the exact same menu. Another Belson system has the same system as mine, people in general doesn't know what are thery buying, and the sellers doing their best "sell&forget"

Take for example this post:

In the other hand.... Is it possible, navigating inside the system folders, to find any place with some files that could show what was the factory version of the firmware??

Sorry if I am repeating older posts. Is it better that I add my posts in another, to have the forum more clean?
I don't know if it's better to mix with another systems or not.

Thanks!

Last edited:

rigattoni

Apr 27, 2010
Fuerth
Hi marchnz.....

In first term, sorry if my English is not very good, I am writing from Spain...

The problem is that with your link, the webpage opens a lot of another links with people with other problems. Most of them they know at least their MCU version. My system shows unknow version. I read another links, for example, of people that, as me, doesn't know if his unit is MCTC/D/E.---- PX3-PX5.. etc, and what would be the right version to load new firmware without turn my radio in to a nice brick.

Is not easy for people as me, that we have only 2-3 days of experience.

In the past, I added ROMs to mobile phones, but always knowing what model is, now with the chinese radios, you don't know what are you buying, systems rebranded, false brands, components inside from other brands.
Yesterday I was testing in a shop , I found that old JVC and Kenwood 2DIN had the exact same menu. Another Belson system has the same system as mine, people in general doesn't know what are thery buying, and the sellers doing their best "sell&forget"

Take for example this post:

In the other hand.... Is it possible, navigating inside the system folders, to find any place with some files that could show what was the factory version of the firmware??

Sorry if I am repeating older posts. Is it better that I add my posts in another, to have the forum more clean?
I don't know if it's better to mix with another systems or not.

Thanks!
Is nothing else than a quadcore Allwinner T8.
That is nothing related to any MCT*.

...but I would say: get rid of it and buy some modern one.