System settings update available [25/10/2019]

Search This thread

Damun

Jan 1, 2019
Copenhagen
Interestingly i got update notification while i was out of my house (4G data). When i got home on my WiFi - no update available. Then i went outside and i again got notification that update was downloaded and ready to install. I dismissed it, and when i came home on my WiFi - nothing. Weird.

G

GuestK00449

I had the same update just now on a p smart

Can we trust these updates if we don't know what the hell they are for?

How do we know that the Party in China didnt just go:

All your phones are belong to us

Sad thing is, only half joking ?

A timezone update doesn't give your data to china lmao

---------- Post added at 08:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 AM ----------

It add new system setting feature adviser basically a shortcut on system settings menu

Screenshot?

futurepack

Mar 4, 2015
I guess this is the feature update added.. A shortcut in settings

I don't remember the settings menu before update... But i feel this static suggestion is there after update only.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191028_211256.jpg
    Screenshot_20191028_211256.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 2,662

Damun

Jan 1, 2019
Copenhagen
Something weird is going on: Today i got a message that a "system update is available" with options to ignore or install (restart). I Ignored it, but now when i search for the systems-update (settings > system>Software Update) it says no updates are available. Hi-Suite also says i am using the latest version.

Biskata

Oct 13, 2008
Hello,
I got the same update from yesterday. I ignored it for now because I can't open it for more information on the changes. I noticed the same thing as my colleague Damun. Did anyone understand what is this update?

arty_a

Dec 4, 2018
Ramat Gan
Hello,
I got the same update from yesterday. I ignored it for now because I can't open it for more information on the changes. I noticed the same thing as my colleague Damun. Did anyone understand what is this update?

Did you bother to read the thread? The answer is on the second page.

gd6noob

Apr 29, 2011
received that few days ago. What i noticed is before update, you cannot delete all recent apps by clicking "bin" icon at the bottom. Need to delete one by one swiping up.

After Setting update, i saw that issue is gone.
you can correct that issue by restarting the phone... I notice this only happens if you try to use multi window for 2 apps

Xalibu

Nov 4, 2019
I got the update too on my P20 Lite. Only difference I noticed after installing was that suddenly the music widget started working properly and looking right. Then a few days ago there was a system update (not system settings update), and after installing that, the music widget became weird and dysfunctional again.

simika

May 19, 2012
Rome
I've got that "system update settings" on my honor 8 Pro and guess what? I've lost magisk root... so I need to do procedure again.. unbelievable but that is it! I found out cause I started to see annoying advertising and I checked adaway and "no root"

herlax

Nov 12, 2019
I got the message as well. Sent a question to Huawei via Huawei's Facebook (Messanger) with screenshot of the message. After couple of days got a reply: Thank you for your message. Kindly reach out to Huawei Support/Hotline to check if the update is authentic. Thank you!
Am I happy now? I am not.

Reactions: idefix3500

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anyone get update today ?
    I got notification that there is some system settings update 230KB, but i want see changelog and when i go to update app, shows me there is no new update...?
    updated but no clue.
    Noi98p3.jpg
    System Settings Update?

I got this notice too today.

I update, it rebooted after I clicked on it. Normal boot, no update during boot, boot complete, it says system settings updated...

But I don't know what's changed? Also on the P20 Pro?

?
    Anyone get update today ?
    I got notification that there is some system settings update 230KB, but i want see changelog and when i go to update app, shows me there is no new update...?
    compare version info in project menu *#*#2846579#*#* ...
    here me, before system settings update
    9.1.0.328 clt-l29c432e5r1p9
    Eek!

I had the same update just now on a p smart

Can we trust these updates if we don't know what the hell they are for?

How do we know that the Party in China didnt just go:

All your phones are belong to us

??

Sad thing is, only half joking ?
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone