• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

System updates thread

Search This thread

aureliolage

May 25, 2019
Contagem
Screenshot_20210618_211902.jpg

mscion

Jul 26, 2011
North Potomac
Hi. I'm in US, normally on Tmobile. For the longest time, was stuck on EMUI 10. For those with L29 C636 and still on EMUI 10, I can verify that using a Hong Kong based sim allowed me to update phone to EMUI 11. In fact, once I installed that sim, I had quite a few updates going from 10.0.0 > 10.1.0 + 3 patches > 11.0.0 + another patch. I don't expect many more updates now. Will check once in awhile with this sim. FYI, I bought the sim from Wanda mobile. Great service.

Goku1992

Feb 29, 2016
Dortmund
Hi. I'm in US, normally on Tmobile. For the longest time, was stuck on EMUI 10. For those with L29 C636 and still on EMUI 10, I can verify that using a Hong Kong based sim allowed me to update phone to EMUI 11. In fact, once I installed that sim, I had quite a few updates going from 10.0.0 > 10.1.0 + 3 patches > 11.0.0 + another patch. I don't expect many more updates now. Will check once in awhile with this sim. FYI, I bought the sim from Wanda mobile. Great service.
Im on Android 9 and no Updates 🤣

mscion

Jul 26, 2011
North Potomac
Im on Android 9 and no Updates 🤣
Hi. Well, some folks prefer Android 9 cause they can root and so forth on that version. Don't think that is currently possible on EMUI 11, which is still on top of Android 10. For me I really like the multi tasking on EMUI 11 among other features. If you are truly interested in upgrade try the sim method (although no guarantees as your phone may some other issues). I got one for $30.00 from Wanda mobile.

Goku1992

Feb 29, 2016
Dortmund
Hi. Well, some folks prefer Android 9 cause they can root and so forth on that version. Don't think that is currently possible on EMUI 11, which is still on top of Android 10. For me I really like the multi tasking on EMUI 11 among other features. If you are truly interested in upgrade try the sim method (although no guarantees as your phone may some other issues). I got one for $30.00 from Wanda mobile.
Tried it allready... Also dload, also ither methods nothing is working

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nice, how does it feel? Faster? Battery?
    How exactly did you get it? What did you do?

Thanks

I just checked for update through Support app. It's early for more impressions but the system feels a bit more responsive.
    EMUI 10 / Android 10 is rolling out in The Netherlands.

full.jpg
    My first impression on EMUI 10 beta.

- Stock Android looks alike (except stock icons).
    - Magazine style UI on every stock apps is a welcome addition, very pleasant to look at.
    - Camera UI improvements, image quality still the same.
    - No more vibration when goes to recent task.
    - 3rd party launcher (Nova, Lawnchair, CPL) now works well without any recent task issue 'jumping-out' bugs, great!
    - Scrolling album using stock Gallery App seems unpleasant, slow & a bit stuttering (this are the only issue)

To be honest, i wont call this updates as Beta. Its a complete working firmware, just without stable certification lol. Pretty sure the final version will be more polished. Battery life seems improving too, but cannot make sure, as i just using the firmware updates for a short time.

Screenshot of my phone below. (EMUI 10 + Lawnchair + my own Sony Xperia 1 theme)
    What version is everyone on?

Ill edit this post as a master list so we can see what networks have which updates.

Sky Mobile UK: 9.0.0.153
    Virgin UK: 9.0.0.153
    Three UK: 9.0.0.187
    Vodafone UK: 9.0.0.153
    O2 UK: 9.0.0.153
    EE UK: 9.0.0.187
    PLAY Poland: 9.0.0.153
    KPN Netherlands: 9.0.0.153
    Vodafone Netherlands: 9.0.0.153
    VIP Serbia: 9.0.0.153
    Yoigo Spain: 9.0.0.153
    Orange France: 9.0.0.153
    T-mobile Croatia: 9.0.0.153
    T-mobile Czech republic : 9.0.0.153

Changelogs
    9.0.0.122(patch01)

This update fixes an issue where sound settings were not available when the system language is set to Hebrew.

This update adds new filters and effects, and introduces the AI zoom feature for improved mini video recording.
    [Camera]
    Adds new filters and effects. You can now apply features including AI colour, Background blur, and Vintage to videos while shooting.
    Adds the AI zoom feature. You can now adjust the focus for enhanced video clarity.
    [Security]
    Integrates Google security patches released in Oct 2018 for improved system security.
    For more information on the security of Huawei app updates, please visit the official Huawei website at https://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/bulletin/2018/10/.