SystemUI In-Depth Theming!!! For All Variants

Search This thread

Abstrk_2dx

Dec 12, 2015
In A Abstrk World
Im creating this thread for all those that want to do it themselves but cant get the proper help from stingy xda people that dont share the knowledge so, i will share the knowledge!:) This a complete systemui theming guide for almost everything for systemui. If i come across some more i will add in. Just give thanks and remember who helped you. My guides are never confusing as most are and is backed up by picture so youll know what your changing. All pics are highlighted at what is changed. All colors are in values/colors unless specifed elsewhere. This guide is posted in mind that you already know how to compile/decompile and so on. Enjoy everybody and happy theming!!!:D

1_zpsq64nuaaa.png

2_zpsw1r8erua.png

3_zps8kwdvsul.png

4_zpsssrgrbbr.png

5_zpsxdezgevm.png

6_zpsxfjhfpaz.png

7_zpse6731nb0.png

8_zpsacpch7qv.png

9_zpsu4cvfs1f.png

Last edited:

Hard_Rock83

Recognized Developer
Apr 21, 2015
Chennai
Is this thread for the people who already know compile and decompile...are u joking...since the people who knows compile and decompile already knows abt it (including me)...so decompile this thread and recompile for noobs. ..just modify thread for noobs as well so that everybody appreciate you....

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Abstrk_2dx

Dec 12, 2015
In A Abstrk World
Is this thread for the people who already know compile and decompile...are u joking...since the people who knows compile and decompile already knows abt it (including me)...so decompile this thread and recompile for noobs. ..just modify thread for noobs as well so that everybody appreciate you....

what are you talking about mate

Hard_Rock83

Recognized Developer
Apr 21, 2015
Chennai
what are you talking about mate
Sorry for comments and i really appreciate ur work but I wanted this thread to be used by noobs as well..if u mention how to compile and decompile system UI apk and then where to look into the values..then it will be great for anyone who never tried these before..since there are many who really wanted to compile and decompile but they don't know how to do this....

Reactions: Deiviz1984

Abstrk_2dx

Dec 12, 2015
In A Abstrk World
Thanks for the guide bro. may i ask if you know how to remove power saving notification?
@Near_07 here is the link on how to remove power saving notif. its more advanced but once you understand smali it wont be that difficult CLICK HERE FOR LINK make sure you give thanks to @tdunham

Sorry for comments and i really appreciate ur work but I wanted this thread to be used by noobs as well..if u mention how to compile and decompile system UI apk and then where to look into the values..then it will be great for anyone who never tried these before..since there are many who really wanted to compile and decompile but they don't know how to do this....

i gotcha, there are numerous guides that will show you exactly how to. i figured since there is so much guides for that i wouldnt have to do another one

Last edited:

snowblind2142

Jan 20, 2010
Manchester
Thanks for the post! Exactly what I've been looking for!

May I ask, how do you change text colour of notification in notification drawer to white if I changed the background to black?

Thanks again for your time op.

Abstrk_2dx

Dec 12, 2015
In A Abstrk World
Both if it's not too much trouble :)

Sure, This is for secondary look in framework-res in styles look for <style name="TextAppearance.Material.Notification" parent="@style/TextAppearance.Material"> then change the hex value to your desired color, but i have to look in my notes for the primary, im like a mad scientist with all my decompiled chaos and confusion lol

Reactions: snowblind2142

snowblind2142

Jan 20, 2010
Manchester
Which text primary or secondary

Sent from a phone Macguyver made me...

Sure, This is for secondary look in framework-res in styles look for <style name="TextAppearance.Material.Notification" parent="@style/TextAppearance.Material"> then change the hex value to your desired color, but i have to look in my notes for the primary, im like a mad scientist with all my decompiled chaos and confusion lol

Organised chaos, sounds like my life :)

Thanks man. Really appreciate this.

Reactions: Abstrk_2dx

elsaedy646

May 25, 2015
Thanks this is the best.but please si can you make aguid for kitkay
I like kitkat and i know decompile but i cannot know how change notificution header colour and how change bright bar colour and how make it transaprant
Please make this guide for kitkat tw systemui

Abstrk_2dx

Dec 12, 2015
In A Abstrk World
Excellent thread! :)
Have you figured out a way to theme the brightness slider? I've been trying to for ages to no avail.

in systemui edit yur scrubber control pngs

Thanks this is the best.but please si can you make aguid for kitkay
I like kitkat and i know decompile but i cannot know how change notificution header colour and how change bright bar colour and how make it transaprant
Please make this guide for kitkat tw systemui

i dont have kitkat sorry

Reactions: dicksteele

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Im creating this thread for all those that want to do it themselves but cant get the proper help from stingy xda people that dont share the knowledge so, i will share the knowledge!:) This a complete systemui theming guide for almost everything for systemui. If i come across some more i will add in. Just give thanks and remember who helped you. My guides are never confusing as most are and is backed up by picture so youll know what your changing. All pics are highlighted at what is changed. All colors are in values/colors unless specifed elsewhere. This guide is posted in mind that you already know how to compile/decompile and so on. Enjoy everybody and happy theming!!!:D

1_zpsq64nuaaa.png

2_zpsw1r8erua.png

3_zps8kwdvsul.png

4_zpsssrgrbbr.png

5_zpsxdezgevm.png

6_zpsxfjhfpaz.png

7_zpse6731nb0.png

8_zpsacpch7qv.png

9_zpsu4cvfs1f.png
    How to make that notification borders edge as round one

Decompile systemui got to res/values.open dimens.xml with notepaad++.Find the line"<dimen name="notification_material_rounded_rect_radius">2 .0dip</dimen>
    Change that value 2 to 9.Recompile the systemui.Done
    Thanks for the guide bro. may i ask if you know how to remove power saving notification?
    @Near_07 here is the link on how to remove power saving notif. its more advanced but once you understand smali it wont be that difficult CLICK HERE FOR LINK make sure you give thanks to @tdunham

i gotcha, there are numerous guides that will show you exactly how to. i figured since there is so much guides for that i wouldnt have to do another one
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone