SYSVersion 1.2 - Check the actual version of your SYS build.

Search This thread

mrvanx

Retired Moderator
Aug 27, 2006
York
www.mrvanx.org
Hey all, just fired an app together to quickly check the version of your SYS build. Easily check to see if the SYS version which is advertised is legit or not.

pop the exe into the root of your kitchen and run it. Or drag and drop the SYS folder onto the program.

Pass the folder path also if needed: SYSversion.exe <path_to_sys>.

If run with no arguments it will check for the presence of SYS and check the version.

The results will be in "Report.txt" inside the SYS folder being checked.

Enjoy!

http://www.mrvanx.org/files/mvApps/SYSVersion12.7z

ChangeLog:
Code:
1.0: First Release
1.1: Added capability to drag & drop the sys folder onto the program
1.2: Results now show the major/minor versions (ie 5.2.19971, instead of just 19971)

Last edited:

Ameet

Retired Moderator
Dec 15, 2007
Mumbai
Good one :) I guess it checks the dsm values since I found a lot of old builds, but thats just since I used the old dsms to rebuild the dumped 20924 :rolleyes:

xplode

Dec 9, 2005
Nesebar
evirus, your DSM tool works ;) , but it was not needed to patch .net dsm too :)

@l3v5y the tool must be in the same folder of the kitchen where the SYS folder is

nosedive

Jul 18, 2008
Vienna
Hey all, just fired an app together to quickly check the version of your SYS build. Easily check to see if the SYS version which is advertised is legit or not.

pop the exe into the root of your kitchen and run it. See Report.txt for the results.

Enjoy!

http://www.mrvanx.org/files/mvApps/SYSVersion10.7z

Work to do: Code in the capability of dragging a folder onto the program to check. Hope you find this useful.

thanks for that handy tool
will make it much more easy for us to see if port is complete ;)

ervius

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 15, 2006
evirus, your DSM tool works ;) , but it was not needed to patch .net dsm too :)

@l3v5y the tool must be in the same folder of the kitchen where the SYS folder is

yes, you are right, maybe I have to update my tool!!!!! ;) hehehehe!!!!

for mrvanix, maybe you have to extend the analisys, also to "5.2", and to \OEM and .payload too (for xip section!!!), for a complete tool, bwt, great util ;)
bye!!!

Last edited:

ver1.0

Nov 1, 2007
CQ.CHINA

pop the exe into the root of your kitchen and run it. See Report.txt for the results.

Enjoy!

http://www.mrvanx.org/files/mvApps/SYSVersion10.7z

Work to do: Code in the capability of dragging a folder onto the program to check. Hope you find this useful.

good tool ,thx:D

c_shekhar

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 7, 2005
hey bro! in terms of convinience I prefer the way 1.0 works. It leaves the report.txt outside the \SYS which is convinient.. (Again it is my view....;))