T-CDMA 64

Search This thread

TheDanimal

May 22, 2010
I have an AOSP 2.1 build for the eris and i have that instead of the carrier name. I had a previous build that i was using that did not have this problem but after flashing a newer build it changed. I know there was a fix floating around somewhere but i'm not able to find it and i was having a problem editing eri.xml in framework-res.apk. I tried pushing eri.xml to /system/etc like it was before but it never corrects the problem. If someone has some advice or that T-CDMA 64 fix please reply

gnarlyc

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2010
Raleigh, NC
I have an AOSP 2.1 build for the eris and i have that instead of the carrier name. I had a previous build that i was using that did not have this problem but after flashing a newer build it changed. I know there was a fix floating around somewhere but i'm not able to find it and i was having a problem editing eri.xml in framework-res.apk. I tried pushing eri.xml to /system/etc like it was before but it never corrects the problem. If someone has some advice or that T-CDMA 64 fix please reply

1) try putting the eri.xml file in /data
2) Do you use APK Manager? I just did a test edit of the eri.xml in framework-res.apk and it seems to be ok, although I did not test on a phone.

TheDanimal

May 22, 2010
thanks for the tip. i edited it but haven't tested it yet. i just need to fix that and get the softkey lights working, the camcorder force closes and no trackball notification, the LED lights up as a notification. other than that this AOSP ROM runs awesome, less than 40MB and runs very smooth and fast even without setcpu. BTW, if someone is trying to build AOSP and are getting no sound at all, change your boardconfig.mk where it says "BOARD_USES_GENERIC_AUDIO" set it to false and your sound should work. I also made sure there was an init.desirec.rc in my ramdisk that fixed pretty much all the other problems except for this listed above.

gnarlyc

Feb 20, 2010
Raleigh, NC
thanks for the tip. i edited it but haven't tested it yet. i just need to fix that and get the softkey lights working, the camcorder force closes and no trackball notification, the LED lights up as a notification. other than that this AOSP ROM runs awesome, less than 40MB and runs very smooth and fast even without setcpu. BTW, if someone is trying to build AOSP and are getting no sound at all, change your boardconfig.mk where it says "BOARD_USES_GENERIC_AUDIO" set it to false and your sound should work. I also made sure there was an init.desirec.rc in my ramdisk that fixed pretty much all the other problems except for this listed above.

What vendor tree are you using? You wouldn't happen to be willing to post an overview of the steps that you have gone through in order to build AOSP from source for the Eris, would you? I have yet to get that working well, but haven't looked at it in a while. My SgtShultz ROM is pretty much where I'm at, and actually the audio does not work in it. Maybe you solved my issue too! I'll look at it again in a few days after I finally get Android Builder v.5 out...

Thanks!

Side note: I've actually been running an Eris port of the Hero ROM called 'aospMOD', which is AOSP Froyo from source for the Hero. I have permission to port it, but would rather have one built from source. Do you plan to post this build for others to download? I'm not necessarily looking to be the dev for a ROM. I just want the Eris community to have such a beast as an option.

Last edited:

TheDanimal

May 22, 2010
first thing i did was git clone darchstars vendor tree from here http://github.com/darchstar/vendor_htc_desirec.git. i remember i had to modify something to get it to start building, other than changing the BOARD_USES_GENERIC_AUDIO. it actually builds for the dream_sapphire but uses all the droid eris proprietaries which may be why the softkey lights and camcorder don't work. i'll look at it more when i get home and let you know.

If anyone viewing this thread has any information or advice please feel free to share the knowledge.

ok, here's what i did, if i remember right. I ran . build/envsetup.sh and also the vendorsetup.sh from both darchstars' vendor tree and the one for dream-sapphire. I looked in the mk files and found in device.mk, in darchstars' vendor tree, was pointing to dream_sapphire. the default folder for dream/sapphire in my repo was dream-sapphire, so i had to change the "-" into "_". I ran extract-files.sh in both darchstar's vendor and the dream_sapphire just to be sure. i then lunched the aosp_dream_sapphire (just type lunch and it will bring up a menu, for anyone else reading this) then ran make -j4. i may be missing something but i'm at work and trying to do this by memory. when it's done you'll have some .img files and some folders under out>product(i think)>dream_sapphire. i zipped my boot.img and system folder and dropped it in the original update folder in dsixda's awesome kitchen.

I also noticed JIT was enabled by default so after i loaded the rom i used setprop after doing adb shell and changed the dalvik heap to something i saw online someplace (38m i think, for stability with JIT) it's been running nice and smooth with no issues i had before. almost forgot, i made sure the init.desirec.rc was in the ramdisk, this caused a lot of major issues before.

when i get home i'll check this post again and also check around on my laptop and make sure everything i said was right. hopefully we, and anyone reading this, will benefit from all this info.

Last edited:

gnarlyc

Feb 20, 2010
Raleigh, NC
first thing i did was git clone darchstars vendor tree from here http://github.com/darchstar/vendor_htc_desirec.git. i remember i had to modify something to get it to start building, other than changing the BOARD_USES_GENERIC_AUDIO. it actually builds for the dream_sapphire but uses all the droid eris proprietaries which may be why the softkey lights and camcorder don't work. i'll look at it more when i get home and let you know.

If anyone viewing this thread has any information or advice please feel free to share the knowledge.

ok, here's what i did, if i remember right. I ran . build/envsetup.sh and also the vendorsetup.sh from both darchstars' vendor tree and the one for dream-sapphire. I looked in the mk files and found in device.mk, in darchstars' vendor tree, was pointing to dream_sapphire. the default folder for dream/sapphire in my repo was dream-sapphire, so i had to change the "-" into "_". I ran extract-files.sh in both darchstar's vendor and the dream_sapphire just to be sure. i then lunched the aosp_dream_sapphire (just type lunch and it will bring up a menu, for anyone else reading this) then ran make -j4. i may be missing something but i'm at work and trying to do this by memory. when it's done you'll have some .img files and some folders under out>product(i think)>dream_sapphire. i zipped my boot.img and system folder and dropped it in the original update folder in dsixda's awesome kitchen.

I also noticed JIT was enabled by default so after i loaded the rom i used setprop after doing adb shell and changed the dalvik heap to something i saw online someplace (38m i think, for stability with JIT) it's been running nice and smooth with no issues i had before. almost forgot, i made sure the init.desirec.rc was in the ramdisk, this caused a lot of major issues before.

when i get home i'll check this post again and also check around on my laptop and make sure everything i said was right. hopefully we, and anyone reading this, will benefit from all this info.

Awesome! Thanks. I actually tried Conap's and Kaos' trees, but never could quite get things to work. So, I started my own tree. It never occurred to me to just built it like you did. I've pretty much tried to change everything to be desirec specific. Your way worked and mine didn't (yet), so... good job! The other trees seem to be geared for CM6, although it might not matter as much as I thought. I can build plain AOSP Froyo all day without the vendor tree like I did for SgtShultz, but apparently compiling with the vendor tree gives some extra 'compiled-in' tweaks that you don't get otherwise.

Of course, I'm bad to have several things going at once, so I haven't looked at the vendor tree since picking Android Builder back up. However, we plan to start integrating vendor trees into AB in the future to make things easier for people to build a working ROM from source.

Instructions like this are very helpful to others who come behind you. Thank you for the post!

TheDanimal

May 22, 2010
I noticed there's a device_dream_sapphire.mk in the vendor_htc_desirec folder, and i've just pointed the device.mk to that file to see if it compiles any differently. I couldn't get apkmanager to work right so i'll mess with that some other time. I'll post a link to the build i have so far. i kept running into a problem where the setupwizard would force close and keep looping, but then i realized it was because i forgot to add launcher.apk or some other launcher into /system/app before i built it.

still no camcorder, softkey lights, MMS might be working now. Still no trackball notifications. maybe more stuff but i haven't tested everything

thought i'd edit this and credit people (just to be safe)
thanks to conap and decand3nce for the CFS kernel
dsixda for the awesome kitchen

Last edited:

TheDanimal

May 22, 2010
Last night I finished building after changing the device.mk to point to the device_dream_sapphire.mk inside vendor_htc_desirec. same results, but, I did open up framework-res.apk and completely removed eri.xml. I had an eri.xml file I had pulled from somewhere and I dropped it in /data after editing it to say Verizon Wireless and fixed that problem. I pulled a logcat for the camcorder error it says this E/audio_input( 59): unsupported parameter: x-pvmf/media-input-node/cap-config-
interface;valtype=key_specific_value
E/audio_input( 59): VerifyAndSetParameter failed
If anyone has any insight on this please let me know. On a good note, MMS works, still no softkey lights.

I realized I put the wrong kernel in this one, i meant to add in the CFS kernel from conap and decad3nce and added a BFS kernel that OC's to 710. When I get home i'll put the right one in there and upload it here if anyone wants to tinker with it.

Last edited:

tenzomonk

May 5, 2010
www.yourmamashouse.com
any progress?

feel free to kang my Vanilla ROM and tear it apart, use it however you'd like :)

question... for your MMS... does 3GP video work? that's something i'm still trying to dig into!!!

TheDanimal

May 22, 2010
Sorry i didn't reply to the PM. I normally don't sign in and just lurk. I've tried using the camera and libs from your vanilla ROM but it still force closes. The preview will be up for about a second and i get the force close. For the MMS question, are you asking about sending and receiving 3GP video? Here is the portion of the logcat i have for the video recorder.

E/MediaRecorder( 587): prepare failed: -17
E/videocamera( 587): prepare failed for /sdcard/DCIM/Camera/video-2010-10-05-13
-05-42.3gp
V/videocamera( 587): Releasing media recorder.
V/videocamera( 587): Empty video file deleted: /sdcard/DCIM/Camera/video-2010-1
0-05-13-05-42.3gp
E/CameraInput( 59): Unsupported parameter(x-pvmf/media-input-node/cap-config-i
nterface;valtype=key_specific_value)
E/CameraInput( 59): VerifiyAndSetParameter failed on parameter #0
E/audio_input( 59): unsupported parameter: x-pvmf/media-input-node/cap-config-
interface;valtype=key_specific_value
E/audio_input( 59): VerifyAndSetParameter failed
I/mm-camera-aec( 59): Becker aec_update_gamma mode:1
D/CameraService( 59): unlock from pid 59 (mClientPid 59)
D/CameraService( 59): clear mCameraClient (pid 59)
D/CameraService( 59): Client::disconnect() E (pid 59 client 0x0)
D/CameraService( 59): camera is unlocked (mClientPid = 0), don't tear down har
dware
D/AndroidRuntime( 587): Shutting down VM
W/dalvikvm( 587): threadid=3: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x4
001e198)
E/AndroidRuntime( 587): Uncaught handler: thread main exiting due to uncaught e
xception
E/AndroidRuntime( 587): java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.IOException: prepar
e failed.
E/AndroidRuntime( 587): at com.android.camera.VideoCamera.initializeReco
rder(VideoCamera.java:935)
E/AndroidRuntime( 587): at com.android.camera.VideoCamera.access$200(Vid
eoCamera.java:84)
E/AndroidRuntime( 587): at com.android.camera.VideoCamera$MainHandler.ha
ndleMessage(VideoCamera.java:182)
E/AndroidRuntime( 587): at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.ja
va:99)
E/AndroidRuntime( 587): at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:123)
E/AndroidRuntime( 587): at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThrea
d.java:4363)
E/AndroidRuntime( 587): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native
Method)
E/AndroidRuntime( 587): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:5
21)
E/AndroidRuntime( 587): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndA
rgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:860)
E/AndroidRuntime( 587): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(Zygot
eInit.java:618)
E/AndroidRuntime( 587): at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)

E/AndroidRuntime( 587): Caused by: java.io.IOException: prepare failed.
E/AndroidRuntime( 587): at android.media.MediaRecorder._prepare(Native M
ethod)
E/AndroidRuntime( 587): at android.media.MediaRecorder.prepare(MediaReco
rder.java:467)
E/AndroidRuntime( 587): at com.android.camera.VideoCamera.initializeReco
rder(VideoCamera.java:931)
E/AndroidRuntime( 587): ... 10 more
I/Process ( 83): Sending signal. PID: 587 SIG: 3
I/dalvikvm( 587): threadid=7: reacting to signal 3
I/dalvikvm( 587): Wrote stack trace to '/data/anr/traces.txt'
I/DumpStateReceiver( 83): Added state dump to 1 crashes
I/Process ( 587): Sending signal. PID: 587 SIG: 9
D/CameraService( 59): Client::~Client E (pid 59, client 0x0)
I/WindowManager( 83): WIN DEATH: Window{43bf0410 com.android.camera/com.androi
d.camera.VideoCamera paused=false}
I/ActivityManager( 83): Process com.android.camera (pid 587) has died.
I/WindowManager( 83): WIN DEATH: Window{43b5f5e0 com.android.camera/com.androi
d.camera.Camera paused=false}
I/WindowManager( 83): WIN DEATH: Window{43bbe520 SurfaceView paused=false}
I/WindowManager( 83): WIN DEATH: Window{43c6d358 SurfaceView paused=false}

Last edited:

tenzomonk

May 5, 2010
www.yourmamashouse.com
no worries on the PM... nothing too important :)

for the camera, i bet it's a couple of the libs needed... i had an issue with that as well. has been a while, but when i get home i will check my "internal" change log and figure out what i did to replace (again, i'm pretty sure is was a couple of camera libs... libcamera.so, etc... i'll get you an "exact" list and post it up).

as for MMS... i don't think there is an issue sending "anything." however, with the APN's that most of us Eris users have for "vanilla" MMS, animated GIFs and 3pg video will NOT display properly when received. (i.e., you will receive the message, but you get ONLY the first frame of the GIF or 3gp video... and nothing else)

TheDanimal

May 22, 2010
I'll test the video when i get the chance. I've tried using different camera libs. I used the libcamera and libcameraservice from the vanilla ROM and still have the same problem. I also found in an error in my logcat referring to the lights (softkey lights) they don't work at all. Here is the error from logcat:
E/lights ( 90): write_int failed to open /sys/class/leds/vtkey-backlight/brightness. i checked my init.desirec.rc and there's no entry for that. I'm stumped there as well.

Well, apparently I'm not very observant. I had to add a line to init.rc, not init.desirec.rc. the line added was under
# Permissions for System Server and daemons. the line i added was chown system system /sys/class/leds/vtkey-backlight/brightness. softkey lights work now.

light sensor isn't working right, soft key lights only work if i touch the screen or trackball. I tried covering the sensor while the screen was lit and nothing happens. Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited:

tenzomonk

May 5, 2010
www.yourmamashouse.com
i think these libs are also needed for cam/recorder to work. however, i've never gotten zoom to work properly (though it's just digital zoom).

in any case... if you can figure out the auto-brightness, i'd love to know!!! (i have same issue).

libOmxMpeg4Dec.so
libOmxH264Dec.so
libOmxCore.so
libOmxVidEnc.so
libmedia.so
libc.so
libOlaBase.so

TheDanimal

May 22, 2010
video recorder is still force closing. I'll look around and see what I can figure out about the auto-backlight and softkey lights.

Last edited:

TheDanimal

May 22, 2010
I'm thinking that, maybe it's the way it compiles the code for the lights. If you look in the source in the hardware folder and under liblights (I think) you can edit the code for lights.h and lights.c somewhere in there. lights.c has information about lighting the trackball. I don't know enough about coding that stuff to do anything with it but maybe someone can. Possibly sensors.c could have something to do with it as well.

Last edited: