Question T-Mobile 10 Pro BL unlocking

Search This thread

jld2k6

Jan 21, 2011
With the T-Mobile variant you need the unlock.bin to unlock bootloader. OnePlus will eventually update their website, hopefully soon (I've already emailed their support to add it, doubt that will help though). The only other way would be using exploits which haven't been released yet. The good news is once OnePlus updates their site, you can easily request you're unlock.bin and once you get it via email it's super easy to unlock the bootloader.
I'm hoping they make a mistake like with the OnePlus 7 pro, for the developer preview 3 of Android 11 they forgot to grey out unlock bootloader so you could unlock it then root it and flash back to Android 10 unlocked and rooted, I had my phone rooted within a week of getting it thanks to that ****up

TehPirate_

Nov 7, 2015
OnePlus 9
I'm hoping they make a mistake like with the OnePlus 7 pro, for the developer preview 3 of Android 11 they forgot to grey out unlock bootloader so you could unlock it then root it and flash back to Android 10 unlocked and rooted, I had my phone rooted within a week of getting it thanks to that ****up
For me the 4 T-mobile OnePlus 10 Pro's I've used, they all had the bootloader unlock toggle enabled. But the newer phones require an unlock.bin token from OnePlus to be unlocked.

jeffsga88

Jan 5, 2016
OnePlus 9 Pro
For me the 4 T-mobile OnePlus 10 Pro's I've used, they all had the bootloader unlock toggle enabled. But the newer phones require an unlock.bin token from OnePlus to be unlocked.
The 10 pros from T-Mobile all have the oem unlocking enabled so you can unlock the bootloader, the problem is when you go to fastboot to actually unlock the bootloader, you have to use the unlock.bin. Unfortunately OnePlus still hasn't updated their website and their support is horrible and can't even answer basic questions like when it might be updated.

Reactions: GuyInDogSuit

jld2k6

Jan 21, 2011
For the T-Mobile OP7 Pro it came with the unlock bootloader completely grayed out so you couldn't touch it. Since they forgot to gray it out in the developer preview it was as easy as turning on OEM unlocking, rebooting to fastboot and typing "oem_unlock" IIRC, it even unlocked my sim card which was a nice bonus because it enabled the double sim tray that was on there but not supposed to be functional by installing the international stock version after

craznazn

Nov 12, 2009
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
You can toggle OEM unlocking in dev menu all day long. You wont be able to fastboot oem unlock or flashing unlock because the abl/xbl that exists will check that you have a flashed a valid unlock.bin first.

Until you can overwrite the existing abl/xbl or somehow modify params to ignore the unlock_code.bin (which, good luck since kerler's tool doesn't work with Sahara 3.1), you're at OnePlus's mercy on updating their website and giving you the unlock code.

icherub

Jan 3, 2013
Why does it even matter what device is identified? The unlock token should be connected to the IMEI/serial number and unlock code.

Anyone try to get a token after selecting another device?

jld2k6

Jan 21, 2011
You can toggle OEM unlocking in dev menu all day long. You wont be able to fastboot oem unlock or flashing unlock because the abl/xbl that exists will check that you have a flashed a valid unlock.bin first.

Until you can overwrite the existing abl/xbl or somehow modify params to ignore the unlock_code.bin (which, good luck since kerler's tool doesn't work with Sahara 3.1), you're at OnePlus's mercy on updating their website and giving you the unlock code.
You couldn't on the OnePlus 7 pro on T-Mobile, it was greyed out and you couldn't even toggle it on, with the developer preview it was no longer greyed out and unlocking was as easy as turning it on since it was no longer greyed out and then typing adb oem unlock, no token or anything else needed! I was just saying I hope they make a mistake like that so people can use a loophole to get rooted but I doubt that's going to happen like that again

Feb 27, 2015
OnePlus 10 Pro
Screenshot_2022-07-08-13-36-06-71_c0dc27f5c07cb0fb3541d6073dfd6932.jpg

Reactions: Prant
Feb 27, 2015
OnePlus 10 Pro
No kidding right , excited to see what can be done once bootloader is unlocked , curious is global fastboot ROMS will work to convert this over to get the direct updateS from OnePlus , or if we'd have to use modded msm tool once cracked

Reactions: unsafe8989

jeffsga88

Jan 5, 2016
OnePlus 9 Pro
Got my token request approval email! ... aaaaaaand the link is broken.

Same here. OnePlus doesn't seem to be able to do anything right these days. Hopefully they fix the links soon but not holding my breath. Even then, not sure we will be able to root as we don't have the full firmware to pull the boot.img from to patch. Hopefully we can just use the global boot.img. if we had MSM tool we could pull the boot.img with readback mode at least.

g96818

Dec 27, 2014

jeffsga88

Jan 5, 2016
OnePlus 9 Pro

Those are the MSM tools but you still need the login information to use them (the only thing on that website is the file password and a WhatsApp contact to charge people to use it). We need someone to crack it so everyone can use them freely. I know I'm not willing to pay some sketchy person on WhatsApp to use the MSM if I ever need it and I'm sure most people feel the same. I already posted on the other thread (MSM Tools thread) that I've downloaded those and looked at them with x64dbg and found what appears to be the file that needs to be cracked but I'm unable to do so myself.

g96818

Dec 27, 2014
Those are the MSM tools but you still need the login information to use them (the only thing on that website is the file password and a WhatsApp contact to charge people to use it). We need someone to crack it so everyone can use them freely. I know I'm not willing to pay some sketchy person on WhatsApp to use the MSM if I ever need it and I'm sure most people feel the same. I already posted on the other thread (MSM Tools thread) that I've downloaded those and looked at them with x64dbg and found what appears to be the file that needs to be cracked but I'm unable to do so myself.
You never asked for a cracked msm. you just wanted the boot file so extract it from the msm image. There's tools you can use to extract it. Plus a cracked msm won't extract the image anyways.

jeffsga88

Jan 5, 2016
OnePlus 9 Pro
You never asked for a cracked msm. you just wanted the boot file so extract it from the msm image. There's tools you can use to extract it. Plus a cracked msm won't extract the image anyways.

Yes, I know there's tools to extract the bundled firmware with the MSM, problem is it probably would do no good as the one for T-Mobile is the version the phone launched and since then there have been at least 2-3 updates so not the same boot anymore. My point in getting a cracked MSM is that the MSM tool has a readback mode which you can directly pull the current boot.img no matter what the current firmware is. It's very useful to quickly get the boot.img after firmware updates and always good to have just in case something goes wrong. Either way, need OnePlus to fix their site first to be able to get the unlock token and then will just try to use the US version of the boot.img and see if that works, if not I'll go the route of extracting the boot from the MSM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I just received my unlock token. Once my bootloader is unlocked, I want to convert from tmobile to global ROM. How would I go about that? I want to be able to try android 13 betas and all. Betas will not work with tmobile variants. Any help is appreciated.
    I was under the impression the device specific MSM tool is required for this conversion, and the password for the 10 Pro's tool has not been published yet.

Sidenote, if the password was found, I'm pretty sure you could technically convert without a bootloader unlock. The downside is if your modems or persist img gets messed up you'd be hosed, as those are device specific, not model. Which is where root comes in, allowing you to back those partitions up. I tried clarifying this in the 1+9 TMo conversion thread, but no one ever answered/confirmed.
    Sounds like it's like their previous phones subsidized through TMO. Need to pop in a fastboot command on your phone, which will give you a string of code. Copy paste that code on Oneplus' web site once it's updated. From there, you'll need to wait 7 days almost to the minute before the page will display your unlock token, which will be in a .bin format. Fastboot flash that. Of course that'll wipe your phone completely, but your bootloader will be unlocked.
    Yes, exactly same as previous T-Mobile OnePlus phones, except there's no need to be sim unlocked to enable oem unlocking on the 10 pro (pretty sure that was by mistake on OnePlus fault).
    So I just received my unlock token. Once my bootloader is unlocked, I want to convert from tmobile to global ROM. How would I go about that? I want to be able to try android 13 betas and all. Betas will not work with tmobile variants. Any help is appreciated.
    I was under the impression the device specific MSM tool is required for this conversion, and the password for the 10 Pro's tool has not been published yet.

Sidenote, if the password was found, I'm pretty sure you could technically convert without a bootloader unlock. The downside is if your modems or persist img gets messed up you'd be hosed, as those are device specific, not model. Which is where root comes in, allowing you to back those partitions up. I tried clarifying this in the 1+9 TMo conversion thread, but no one ever answered/confirmed.
    Today is the day!!! The token unlock page is finally updated to include the T-Mobile variant, NE2217!
    I just got the OP 10 Pro for my girl and I and I'm having some difficulty attempting to unlock the bootloader. Looks like it'll require an unlock token (bin) from OP like the previous models however on my OP 9 I didn't request an unlock token, I think maybe I flashed the global fw with MSM? I know this is a fairly new device and development is limited, but is there anything available at this time to magisk root my device? I still have my old rooted device for 2 weeks grace period before I have to return it for the trade-in.

NE2217_11_A.03

OEM unlock is not greyed out and is enabled.
    "FAILED (remote: 'Please flash unlock token first.')"
    That's why I'm asking for additional help. OP hasn't updated their unlock site yet to request a token
    With the T-Mobile variant you need the unlock.bin to unlock bootloader. OnePlus will eventually update their website, hopefully soon (I've already emailed their support to add it, doubt that will help though). The only other way would be using exploits which haven't been released yet. The good news is once OnePlus updates their site, you can easily request you're unlock.bin and once you get it via email it's super easy to unlock the bootloader.