Question T-Mobile 10 Pro BL unlocking

Search This thread
Feb 27, 2015
OnePlus 10 Pro
Bootloader unlocked ! Finally . It's weird that the bootloader unlock screen doesn't display on every reboot now . If you go to developer setting, it will show bootloader unlocked if it was a success.

Feb 27, 2015
OnePlus 10 Pro
I haven't tried any yet, I'm hoping the global boot img will work just fine . I normally have a backup phone but I only have my 10 pro at the moment ,so I dont want to experiment and be out of phone if I have to send in to OnePlus for msm flash if I screw mine up . Hopefully someone gives it a try and lets us know . Time to wait :)

jeffsga88

Jan 5, 2016
OnePlus 9 Pro
Got my token request approval email! ... aaaaaaand the link is broken.

They finally fixed the links and you can actually download your unlock bin now.

I haven't tried any yet, I'm hoping the global boot img will work just fine . I normally have a backup phone but I only have my 10 pro at the moment ,so I dont want to experiment and be out of phone if I have to send in to OnePlus for msm flash if I screw mine up . Hopefully someone gives it a try and lets us know . Time to wait :)

You should be able to use global, I'll try it on my own phone in a little bit after I unlock. As long as we only use boot and not flash, it shouldn't mess anything up if it doesn't work.

jeffsga88

Jan 5, 2016
OnePlus 9 Pro
Shoot, I forgot about fastboot boot command ... Damn,I hope we get lucky .. I may give it a try tonight as well . Good luck

So, using the global A.15 patched boot.img works. I also pulled my unmodified boot.imgs before patching with Magisk. Just fastboot boot the patched image and then do a direct install from Magisk after it boots (make sure to hit cancel when it says additional setup required in Magisk the first time you boot, so you can actually do direct install). If anyone wants, I can post the T-Mobile A.06 unmodified boot.img as well.

Feb 27, 2015
OnePlus 10 Pro
Sweet! I'll give it a shot as well . If you can link unmodified ne2217 boot.img that may be very helpful . What are your best reasons to have root on one plus 10 pro at this point? I'm just curious. I may just boot boot.img to make sure it works then flash and relock bootloader to get updates from OnePlus .Im unsure what benefit root would give me this early on .

jeffsga88

Jan 5, 2016
OnePlus 9 Pro
Sweet! I'll give it a shot as well . If you can link unmodified ne2217 boot.img that may be very helpful . What are your best reasons to have root on one plus 10 pro at this point? I'm just curious. I may just boot boot.img to make sure it works then flash and relock bootloader to get updates from OnePlus .Im unsure what benefit root would give me this early on .

Yeah, I can upload it a bit later. As far as why root, mainly for AdAway, debloating some things, making google phone a system app and using Network Signal Guru to monitor the network. Do NOT relock the bootloader after rooting though or you will brick your phone. You will still be able to get updates from OnePlus with an unlocked bootloader, so there's no need anyways. Just uninstall Magisk first (restore images) and then update, then boot patched image and do direct install again. It's a pain, but it works. If you don't really need root, it may be best not to bother yet and just leave the bootloader unlocked so in the future if you want to you can easily do it without wiping the phone again.

Feb 27, 2015
OnePlus 10 Pro
Yeah, I can upload it a bit later. As far as why root, mainly for AdAway, debloating some things, making google phone a system app and using Network Signal Guru to monitor the network. Do NOT relock the bootloader after rooting though or you will brick your phone. You will still be able to get updates from OnePlus with an unlocked bootloader, so there's no need anyways. Just uninstall Magisk first (restore images) and then update, then boot patched image and do direct install again. It's a pain, but it works. If you don't really need root, it may be best not to bother yet and just leave the bootloader unlocked so in the future if you want to you can easily do it without wiping the phone again.
If I flash unrooted boot.img ,will updates via ota work like normal ?

jeffsga88

Jan 5, 2016
OnePlus 9 Pro
If I flash unrooted boot.img ,will updates via ota work like normal ?

If you're rooted, simply open Magisk, click uninstall Magisk then restore images. That restores the unmodified boot.img as long as when you rooted you just booted the patched image and then did the direct install from within Magisk. Also, yes you can flash the unmodified boot.img as well and update as normal, just easier to uninstall from Magisk.

Here is the T-Mobile unpatched A.06 boot.img Download.

Feb 27, 2015
OnePlus 10 Pro
If you're rooted, simply open Magisk, click uninstall Magisk then restore images. That restores the unmodified boot.img as long as when you rooted you just booted the patched image and then did the direct install from within Magisk. Also, yes you can flash the unmodified boot.img as well and update as normal, just easier to uninstall from Magisk.

Thank you, i flashed patched boot.img direct installed magisk . device still shows as ne2217 ? how would i get the direct oneplus updates as ne2215 device? am i missing something here? Thanks

Feb 27, 2015
OnePlus 10 Pro

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-07-21-21-50-54-26_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-07-21-21-50-54-26_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    751 KB · Views: 60

jeffsga88

Jan 5, 2016
OnePlus 9 Pro
Thank you, i flashed patched boot.img direct installed magisk . device still shows as ne2217 ? how would i get the direct oneplus updates as ne2215 device? am i missing something here? Thanks

You're not going to get the 2215 updates. This only roots, doesn't change model to 2215. You'll still get the updates from T-Mobile. At this time, I'm assuming they will only be OTA update and not the full update but we won't know until the next update gets pushed. Either way, if only a partial update then we just unroot like I described before and then update and after we just root again. I heard on 2215 if it fails 3 times that it will force download the full update, not sure if it will do the same on 2217 or not, although I doubt it will matter since local update option doesn't exist on 2217. The only way we will ever get 2215 updates is if we convert and that doesn't seem like it's going to happen. The MSM tool still hasn't been cracked yet by the community and until that happens I can almost guarantee no one will try to convert it (since that's always our safety net in case anything goes wrong).

TehPirate_

Nov 7, 2015
OnePlus 9
Finally received my unlock token yesterday as well! Getting ready to unlock tonight. Glad to see others are excited. Do we have TWRP official/unofficial yet?

jeffsga88

Jan 5, 2016
OnePlus 9 Pro
Finally received my unlock token yesterday as well! Getting ready to unlock tonight. Glad to see others are excited. Do we have TWRP official/unofficial yet?

No TWRP for the 10 pro yet. Don't really need it either though. Can just use patched boot.img to root and currently there's no development for the 10 series. The bigger thing will be getting the MSM tool cracked so development can really start. Without having a way to fix phones if something goes wrong during development, I don't see many people taking the chance. Hopefully I'm wrong and we get development still, but we haven't got anything yet so... Nice thing with T-Mobile when unlocking we don't get the bootloader unlocked screen warning each boot at least.

blue5055

Sep 30, 2012
South Park
Finally got BL unlocked & phone rooted. Had to deviate from the generic instructions to get everything to flash but good to go now

deethatbe

Mar 14, 2017

Can u give out the new boot image A.07

Reactions: A Christian Guy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I just received my unlock token. Once my bootloader is unlocked, I want to convert from tmobile to global ROM. How would I go about that? I want to be able to try android 13 betas and all. Betas will not work with tmobile variants. Any help is appreciated.
    I was under the impression the device specific MSM tool is required for this conversion, and the password for the 10 Pro's tool has not been published yet.

Sidenote, if the password was found, I'm pretty sure you could technically convert without a bootloader unlock. The downside is if your modems or persist img gets messed up you'd be hosed, as those are device specific, not model. Which is where root comes in, allowing you to back those partitions up. I tried clarifying this in the 1+9 TMo conversion thread, but no one ever answered/confirmed.
    Sounds like it's like their previous phones subsidized through TMO. Need to pop in a fastboot command on your phone, which will give you a string of code. Copy paste that code on Oneplus' web site once it's updated. From there, you'll need to wait 7 days almost to the minute before the page will display your unlock token, which will be in a .bin format. Fastboot flash that. Of course that'll wipe your phone completely, but your bootloader will be unlocked.
    Yes, exactly same as previous T-Mobile OnePlus phones, except there's no need to be sim unlocked to enable oem unlocking on the 10 pro (pretty sure that was by mistake on OnePlus fault).
    So I just received my unlock token. Once my bootloader is unlocked, I want to convert from tmobile to global ROM. How would I go about that? I want to be able to try android 13 betas and all. Betas will not work with tmobile variants. Any help is appreciated.
    I was under the impression the device specific MSM tool is required for this conversion, and the password for the 10 Pro's tool has not been published yet.

Sidenote, if the password was found, I'm pretty sure you could technically convert without a bootloader unlock. The downside is if your modems or persist img gets messed up you'd be hosed, as those are device specific, not model. Which is where root comes in, allowing you to back those partitions up. I tried clarifying this in the 1+9 TMo conversion thread, but no one ever answered/confirmed.
    Today is the day!!! The token unlock page is finally updated to include the T-Mobile variant, NE2217!
    I just got the OP 10 Pro for my girl and I and I'm having some difficulty attempting to unlock the bootloader. Looks like it'll require an unlock token (bin) from OP like the previous models however on my OP 9 I didn't request an unlock token, I think maybe I flashed the global fw with MSM? I know this is a fairly new device and development is limited, but is there anything available at this time to magisk root my device? I still have my old rooted device for 2 weeks grace period before I have to return it for the trade-in.

NE2217_11_A.03

OEM unlock is not greyed out and is enabled.
    "FAILED (remote: 'Please flash unlock token first.')"
    That's why I'm asking for additional help. OP hasn't updated their unlock site yet to request a token
    With the T-Mobile variant you need the unlock.bin to unlock bootloader. OnePlus will eventually update their website, hopefully soon (I've already emailed their support to add it, doubt that will help though). The only other way would be using exploits which haven't been released yet. The good news is once OnePlus updates their site, you can easily request you're unlock.bin and once you get it via email it's super easy to unlock the bootloader.