Question T-Mobile 10 Pro BL unlocking

Search This thread

jeffsga88

Jan 5, 2016
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hi can anyone share the boot omg file please thanks

You can just use the global patched boot.img and boot into it from fastboot and then go into Magisk and do direct install. There's no need for the T-Mobile specific boot.img to get root. I will post A.06 and A.07 unmodified boot.imgs later when I have a chance though, just can't right now.

Reactions: A Christian Guy

bleichtman

Jul 26, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
So I just received my unlock token. Once my bootloader is unlocked, I want to convert from tmobile to global ROM. How would I go about that? I want to be able to try android 13 betas and all. Betas will not work with tmobile variants. Any help is appreciated.

centifanto

Sep 1, 2022
OnePlus 9
OnePlus 10 Pro
So I just received my unlock token. Once my bootloader is unlocked, I want to convert from tmobile to global ROM. How would I go about that? I want to be able to try android 13 betas and all. Betas will not work with tmobile variants. Any help is appreciated.
I was under the impression the device specific MSM tool is required for this conversion, and the password for the 10 Pro's tool has not been published yet.

Sidenote, if the password was found, I'm pretty sure you could technically convert without a bootloader unlock. The downside is if your modems or persist img gets messed up you'd be hosed, as those are device specific, not model. Which is where root comes in, allowing you to back those partitions up. I tried clarifying this in the 1+9 TMo conversion thread, but no one ever answered/confirmed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was under the impression the device specific MSM tool is required for this conversion, and the password for the 10 Pro's tool has not been published yet.

Sidenote, if the password was found, I'm pretty sure you could technically convert without a bootloader unlock. The downside is if your modems or persist img gets messed up you'd be hosed, as those are device specific, not model. Which is where root comes in, allowing you to back those partitions up. I tried clarifying this in the 1+9 TMo conversion thread, but no one ever answered/confirmed.
    Sounds like it's like their previous phones subsidized through TMO. Need to pop in a fastboot command on your phone, which will give you a string of code. Copy paste that code on Oneplus' web site once it's updated. From there, you'll need to wait 7 days almost to the minute before the page will display your unlock token, which will be in a .bin format. Fastboot flash that. Of course that'll wipe your phone completely, but your bootloader will be unlocked.
    Yes, exactly same as previous T-Mobile OnePlus phones, except there's no need to be sim unlocked to enable oem unlocking on the 10 pro (pretty sure that was by mistake on OnePlus fault).

Today is the day!!! The token unlock page is finally updated to include the T-Mobile variant, NE2217!
    I just got the OP 10 Pro for my girl and I and I'm having some difficulty attempting to unlock the bootloader. Looks like it'll require an unlock token (bin) from OP like the previous models however on my OP 9 I didn't request an unlock token, I think maybe I flashed the global fw with MSM? I know this is a fairly new device and development is limited, but is there anything available at this time to magisk root my device? I still have my old rooted device for 2 weeks grace period before I have to return it for the trade-in.

NE2217_11_A.03

OEM unlock is not greyed out and is enabled.
    "FAILED (remote: 'Please flash unlock token first.')"
    That's why I'm asking for additional help. OP hasn't updated their unlock site yet to request a token
    With the T-Mobile variant you need the unlock.bin to unlock bootloader. OnePlus will eventually update their website, hopefully soon (I've already emailed their support to add it, doubt that will help though). The only other way would be using exploits which haven't been released yet. The good news is once OnePlus updates their site, you can easily request you're unlock.bin and once you get it via email it's super easy to unlock the bootloader.