T-Mobile 6T to International Conversion (WITHOUT unlocked bootloader/SIM unlock!)

Search This thread

et5

May 7, 2021
Wondering anyone knows after converting to international version, would 6t see Galileo GPS signal in US? The hardware of 6t supports A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILE. Yet, after repeated inquiry to Oneplus Support, without getting any answer. They pretended not understanding the question. Or anyone knows how to make them work?

AllaPoyo

Jan 23, 2022
so after i tried this i did smething wrong and i bricked my phone. i unbricked it and after using the tmobile msm tool my wifi doesnt want to work or even turn on and i cant find a way to turn it on. any help is appreciated

brsteej

Aug 8, 2013
Now its international firmware but sim still locked : (
How to unlock network ?

Edit :

i used
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2

Now sim unlocked
no need to call t-mobile or use unlock app

Last edited:
Reactions: Phantom Thief

jjasie

Mar 29, 2010
Can't get my win 11 computer to recognize the Qualcomm drivers. Do I need fastboot and adb installed.
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks in advance

jjasie

Mar 29, 2010
Help I can't get my computer to recognize my phone and I can't get the qualcomm drivers to install

Now its international firmware but sim still locked : (
How to unlock network ?

Edit :

i used
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2

Now sim unlocked
no need to call t-mobile or use unlock app
*Scratches Head* ... Okay if this actually works then I need to be looking for a OnePlus upgrade like...NOW! Lol I wonder why no one is able to come up with something like this for the Motorola one 5G Ace, which T-Mobile has decided that a year after I was granted network unlock for this device, they were just going to take it away. I've literally taken apart ROMs and put them back together and I've tried flashing EU firmware relentlessly after rooting, still stays Network locked though :(

I wonder why no one is able to come up with something like this for the Motorola one 5G Ace, which T-Mobile has decided that a year after I was granted network unlock for this device, they were just going to take it away. I've literally taken apart ROMs and put them back together and I've tried flashing EU firmware relentlessly after rooting, still stays Network locked though :(
Anyone have any good advice/info on Motorola specific devices? (Because I'm running straight Android os, don't think it's possible to run the OnePlus OS)

Lowdownin928

Jul 19, 2021
Sim locked still to TMO. (Remote: flashing unlock is not allowed)
Does anybody have an idea how to get past this?

Never mind I flashed the wrong version that would allow oem unlock. Flashed correct version and now no sim lock.

Last edited:

gWOLF3

Jan 22, 2019
I tried this on my OnePlus 6T Tmobile - unfortunately the MSM tool connects, but will fail each time at 16 seconds with "Sahara Connection Failure". I've tried using USB 2.0 port, I've tried a known working cable, I've also tried holding down volume up + power.

I've also tried different versions including:
-9.0.13 , 9.0.11
-patched

I have tried diagnosing the issue from this thread, however, I'm wondering if there may be some other reason or possible alternative version.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get past this?

-------
UPDATE
-----

For anyone reading this in the future, here is what happened:

1) For the initial MSM flash, I was using USB 3.0 port, which caused the issue, subsequent attempts, EDL loader was in some kind of bad state - Im not really sure how this is possible since its not writable, but I kept getting the same SAHARA comunnication errror...

2) to fix, I unplugged the phone - luckily, because it never got to start the flash, it was not soft bricked, then basically kept holding vol up and power until it rebooted into OS. Next I restarted MSM tool, made sure to plug into USB 2.0 port and rebooted into edl - and bam it finally worked.

Last edited:
Reactions: ipdev

muhsin_Sultan

If your getting various Sahara communication errors or stuck on param preload

1. Make sure the device appears as a COM device under Device Manager
2. After it enters EDL mode, go to Windows Settings and check for updates, install any/all optional port and driver software updates
3. If any updates were present, reboot your device out of EDL (by pressing and holding all 3buttons), then re-enter EDL mode and restart the process

ChenYuanKai

Nov 16, 2021
Can I download the latest ORM directly from the official website, and then upgrade the latest version of the operating system locally?

6T 11.png

Reactions: Phantom Thief

Stigato7

Sep 21, 2022
I was just able to successfully flash a Tmobile OP6T and after running as administrator for te Qcom drivers and patch installer everything booted up fine, only issue was the phone didn't not recognize Cellular data and could only connect with Wifi, any ideas?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In the previous thread, we discussed a method to convert T-Mobile 6T's to the international variant, sort of, but it required an unlocked bootloader, which itself requires a SIM unlock which T-Mobile gives people a hard time about.

However, it is through @Dark Nightmare and @iaTa's efforts that we've come this far. Today, I share with everyone a new method to turn a T-Mobile 6T into an international variant. One that does NOT require an unlocked bootloader or a SIM unlock!

Before you proceed: Following the steps below WILL wipe your phone. Please backup all of your important files from the phone before proceeding.

Here are the steps:
    1) Download 6T MsmDownloadTool v4.0.58 (OOS v9.0.11) provided by @iaTa
    2) Download patched flasher tools here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dYuVxnf_J97KPrRt6KEBOjau1BRvtnJQ (the patches simply remove checks that allow all the images to be flashed on the phone, I've personally tested the "MsmDownloadTool V4.0_factory_patched.exe" but not the "MsmDownloadTool V4.0_factory_mcl_op1_patched.exe" variant. You can do a binary diff on the EXEs against the originals in case there's any issues with trust.
    3) Shut down your T-Mobile 6T completely
    4) Press and hold Volume Up and Volume down keys simultaneously
    5) With those two buttons held down, plug in your USB cord to your PC
    6) Ensure that the USB drivers for Qcom download mode are installed and working (available in the MSMDownloadTool thread)
    7) Extract the patched tools EXEs to the same directory as where you extracted the MSMDownloadTool
    8) Run "MsmDownloadTool V4.0_factory_patched.exe" (or the other one, if you're feeling adventurous)
    9) Click "Start" when you're ready to start patching the phone
    10) After about 5 minutes it will finish its job and reboot the phone
    11) Phone will boot normally, but no more T-Mobile logo, and instead there is the OxygenOS generic logo
    12) Now your T-Mobile 6T is now running identical software to the unlocked 6T sold directly by OnePlus, and running the latest software (OxygenOS 9.0.11 at the time of this writing). You can even participate in Open Betas if you'd like, and the "Local Upgrade" feature is now enabled and working.
    13) ???
    14) Profit

Hope this helps somebody out.

It definitely works.
    If you want to unlock bootloader after it's converted, then it's just a simple fastboot oem unlock WITHOUT having to wait 7 days for OnePlus unlock bin. Just like the 6T sold by OnePlus directly. And you can even load a dual-SIM tray and both SIM slots work normally.
    I created a video tutorial for those who may be having issues or struggling with the process. Enjoy!
    Note: It's currently still processing, so the quality will be improved when that's complete.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh-tjPPz2Ws
    NOTHING is wrong or missing in the instructions; follow them EXACTLY..
    Use winzip NOT winrar..Make sure your computer has the QUALCOMM driver installed
    Make sure your pc sees your phone.
    Use the cable your phone came with
    Try a different USB port

If this doesnt work for you, its YOUR fault, not the instructions or the OP's fault
    I don't have the T-Mobile 6T, but on top of giving an idea, I wanted to say congratulations!

Now as for an idea, if you guys want to see if OTA updating works, couldn't you guys:

1. do the conversion
    2. downgrade with an older msm tool
    3. reboot and test software update in the os

That way you won't have to wait to see if it works?

Edit: If you're searching for a downgrade, I've been collecting all factory images and MSMTool for the 6T here: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=285795

The one that will take you to the original OxygenOS (9.0.5) for the non T-Mobile variant is in the "OxygenOS MSMDownloadTool" folder named "oneplus6t_fajita_oxygen_41_o.11_181103.zip"