[CLOSED] T-Mobile 7T Conversion to International WITHOUT unlocked bootloader/SIM unlock!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

oneplus7t00

Dec 20, 2020

glenb77

Oct 15, 2011
First a big Thanks! to everyone helping with this. My phone was new from black friday sale at b&h photo, 7t tmobile variant. they sold as unlocked etc. however mine at least after setting up would not update and rom was more than a year old. so these tools and threads are a lifesaver. i suspect everyone who bought those for 300 on BF probably in same boat.

Maybe some of the problems i had and fixes might help someone else. first: i am linux user mostly, but use windows. i had terrrible time with drivers. the most recent cab file posted for qc drivers, i could not get to install, kept getting error from powershell and cmd shell. i could not get a fastboot working, kept getting searching for devices. w/oneplus installer and an older qualcomm installer. i got fastboot working well with google android usb driver for pixel. i got the msm tool to recognize device by installing inf file separately within the cab file of recent qualcomm drivers posted here.

the msm tool part worked fine and phone got back to bootloader. flashing i got errors like many 'can;t flash to critical partition' 'partition not found'. re-running script several times did not change anything.

i wound up flashing from linux. made two small changes in script and it worked. but when it rebooted. logo changed as expected but phone had no network at all and then after first few screens would reboot and it took a long time to coax it back to bootloader mode. second time i flashed it worked good and phone seems fine. i updated and locked the bootloader as suggested. if i am going to root it, i guess i could do that with the twrp file just booting once and install magisk.

i think the problem on the flashing is the reboot to bootloader after first few flash files. it may be better to break it into two scripts. because if you don't get that reboot to the screen with chinese writing and english, it is not going to work anyway. i don't know if that is fastboot.exe file or not, i used the most recent one.

but if someone is totally stuck. once the msm part is done, they could just use a linux live usb from arch or ubuntu, install android-tools and then copy over the script making sure to open script in editor and save as unix file not windows text and the flashing will work.

i'm leaving the corrected script for linux. for me with fastboot, i need sudo and i set up sudo for no password. but someone might want to take that out. had to give a .txt extension to attach. so just make it executable 'chmod +x flash.txt' and run in dir with extracted img files. like ./flash.txt

anyway thats how i got it working. thanks again for the time and hard work of guys that made these guides

Attachments

• flash.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 39

orangepowerpokes

Sep 3, 2016
First a big Thanks! to everyone helping with this. My phone was new from black friday sale at b&h photo, 7t tmobile variant. they sold as unlocked etc. however mine at least after setting up would not update and rom was more than a year old. so these tools and threads are a lifesaver. i suspect everyone who bought those for 300 on BF probably in same boat.

Maybe some of the problems i had and fixes might help someone else. first: i am linux user mostly, but use windows. i had terrrible time with drivers. the most recent cab file posted for qc drivers, i could not get to install, kept getting error from powershell and cmd shell. i could not get a fastboot working, kept getting searching for devices. w/oneplus installer and an older qualcomm installer. i got fastboot working well with google android usb driver for pixel. i got the msm tool to recognize device by installing inf file separately within the cab file of recent qualcomm drivers posted here.

the msm tool part worked fine and phone got back to bootloader. flashing i got errors like many 'can;t flash to critical partition' 'partition not found'. re-running script several times did not change anything.

i wound up flashing from linux. made two small changes in script and it worked. but when it rebooted. logo changed as expected but phone had no network at all and then after first few screens would reboot and it took a long time to coax it back to bootloader mode. second time i flashed it worked good and phone seems fine. i updated and locked the bootloader as suggested. if i am going to root it, i guess i could do that with the twrp file just booting once and install magisk.

i think the problem on the flashing is the reboot to bootloader after first few flash files. it may be better to break it into two scripts. because if you don't get that reboot to the screen with chinese writing and english, it is not going to work anyway. i don't know if that is fastboot.exe file or not, i used the most recent one.

but if someone is totally stuck. once the msm part is done, they could just use a linux live usb from arch or ubuntu, install android-tools and then copy over the script making sure to open script in editor and save as unix file not windows text and the flashing will work.

i'm leaving the corrected script for linux. for me with fastboot, i need sudo and i set up sudo for no password. but someone might want to take that out. had to give a .txt extension to attach. so just make it executable 'chmod +x flash.txt' and run in dir with extracted img files. like ./flash.txt

anyway thats how i got it working. thanks again for the time and hard work of guys that made these guides
I run linux and windoze. All my adb stuff seems to be in windows, so that's where I went to adb this phone. I went to the bookloader unlock method. Took exactly one week to get the unlock code, but had little trouble unlocking the phone and flashing global rom.

Fantastic phone for $300 @B&H. I always saw good things about oneplus but never had one. I didn't see any great deals on the Pixels (P2 owner), and decided to bite on the oneplus 7t deal. I think OOS is good and I'll stick with it, but may root in near future >> wake time is way to short in OOS, and would actually like 'always on' disaplay. However, OOS has a double-tap-to-wake setting +1 for that.

Last edited:

jeffrimerman

Mar 4, 2007
Alhambra
I have the latest fastboot files. However Im not sure about qualcomm driver. Thanks u for the idea...
I think I had the same issue but it was because I was getting errors and kept thinking I need to put the phone back into fastboot mode in the middle of the flash-all.bat. I made sure to put my phone back into usb debugging since the phone was able to boot into a faulty semi working rom. Then went back into fastboot, made sure to "fastboot devices" to make sure it's communicating. The ran flash-all.bat again with 10.0.12 and it worked fine. I got the failed "reserve" and lots of error "sparse" or something over and over but it was still "okay" as it loaded files. Then it worked fine. I had a separate adb folder for each 10.0.8 10.0.12 10.0.13 and just decided to do 10.0.12. I think the qualcomm driver is for the msm tool to function in EDL mode but it doesn't hurt to make sure you have it but I think you have to go back into EDL mode to install it, I forget. Are you able to boot up into the rom with all the fails?

oneplus7t00

Dec 20, 2020
I think I had the same issue but it was because I was getting errors and kept thinking I need to put the phone back into fastboot mode in the middle of the flash-all.bat. I made sure to put my phone back into usb debugging since the phone was able to boot into a faulty semi working rom. Then went back into fastboot, made sure to "fastboot devices" to make sure it's communicating. The ran flash-all.bat again with 10.0.12 and it worked fine. I got the failed "reserve" and lots of error "sparse" or something over and over but it was still "okay" as it loaded files. Then it worked fine. I had a separate adb folder for each 10.0.8 10.0.12 10.0.13 and just decided to do 10.0.12. I think the qualcomm driver is for the msm tool to function in EDL mode but it doesn't hurt to make sure you have it but I think you have to go back into EDL mode to install it, I forget. Are you able to boot up into the rom with all the fails?

I can't boot into global ROM. It boots to tmobile rom. I get :
Rebooting into fastboot < waiting for any device > ....The phone displays "简体中文 繁體中文 English", what do I do in this step?
I tried disconnecting phone from laptop and choosing "english" and starting tmobile rom and enabling usb debugging. and connecting back to laptop. Still no luck. It just won't load global ROM

Reactions: Duy Hiệp

jeffrimerman

Mar 4, 2007
Alhambra
Rebooting into fastboot < waiting for any device > ....The phone displays "简体中文 繁體中文 English", what do I do in this step?
I tried disconnecting phone from laptop and choosing "english" and starting tmobile rom and enabling usb debugging. and connecting back to laptop. Still no luck. It just won't load global ROM
I had that same issue i was still seeing the tmobile splash screen(I think that's what it's called). But when I got into that rom I put the phone into usb debugging. Are you doing that? Then when you run flash-all.bat you just sit there and do nothing. It shouldn't take 30 min so then something is wrong at that point, but did you put it back in usb debugging?

oneplus7t00

Dec 20, 2020
I had that same issue i was still seeing the tmobile splash screen(I think that's what it's called). But when I got into that rom I put the phone into usb debugging. Are you doing that? Then when you run flash-all.bat you just sit there and do nothing. It shouldn't take 30 min so then something is wrong at that point, but did you put it back in usb debugging?
yes I turned on USB debugging.

jeffrimerman

Mar 4, 2007
Alhambra
I don't think this method is working for me. Ss there any other way of flashing global ROM ?
Did you try the different global roms to see. 10.0.12 worked for me but maybe they all would have. I just know when I decided to not touch anything it happened tobe 10.0.12 that was what I tried. In your fastboot state you can flash run twrp recovery and maybe flash that way? Someone else can say better.

disrupt

Aug 31, 2010
San Francisco

I faced and solved the same problem today.

You must be using Windows and likely on an AMD platform. The problem is after the `fastboot reboot fastboot` step, it's supposed to continue right at the "简体中文 繁體中文 English" screen. If you chose English->Advanced->Reboot Fastboot, then it goes into the "original" fastboot which cannot flash the critical partitions. However, the "temporary" fastboot has a different USB device ID and your system likely doesn't have the driver.

This can be verified by checking Device Manager while at that screen. You should see a 18D1:4EE0 device with no driver installed.

Solution is either a) find & install a compatible driver for the 18D1:4EE0 fastboot device, or b) flash under macOS or Linux. I found it annoyingly hard to find a driver that installs, so I ended up doing the latter.

Last edited:

oneplus7t00

Dec 20, 2020
I faced and solved the same problem today.

You must be using Windows and likely on an AMD platform. The problem is after the `fastboot reboot fastboot` step, it's supposed to continue right at the "简体中文 繁體中文 English" screen. If you chose English->Advanced->Reboot Fastboot, then it goes into the "original" fastboot which cannot flash the critical partitions. However, the "temporary" fastboot has a different USB device ID and your system likely doesn't have the driver.

This can be verified by checking Device Manager while at that screen. You should see a 18D1:4EE0 device with no driver installed.

Solution is either a) find & install a compatible driver for the 18D1:4EE0 fastboot device, or b) flash under macOS or Linux. I found it annoyingly hard to find a driver that installs, so I ended up doing the latter.
Thank you very much. Appreciate it

duy_ng

Nov 3, 2013
Hi there, I just got my wife a OnePlus 7T and want to follow this instruction to get dual sim functioanloty with the global ROM. However, I am stuck at step 2. I enter EDL mode, connect USB and hit start in the MSM Tool - okay so far. But since over 1400 seconds the MSM tool shows "Param preload" and still counting upwards.

I have the feeling I am stuck in Param preload and have no idea what I should do. Can anyone here help me out?

Happy holidays, by the way!

Edit: I found the issue. After installing another Qualcomm driver from this post here, it worked out for me: https://xdaforums.com/t/msm-tool-7t-need-testers.3994931/#post-80739839

Last edited:

somgoozy

Jan 11, 2018
I'm pretty new to all of this and I'm stuck on step 3. I have installed almost every driver in this thread and it still says "< waiting for any device >". Does anyone have either a list of drivers that I may have missed, directions to undo my progress up to this step, or just general advice?

*edit*

A few quick tips

Hello everyone!!!

I just wanted to throw in a few things to try if nothing seems to be working. (Trust me I had problems at almost every step). First of all I wanted to thank the great guys who made this and keep supporting it and continue to help everyone. Second I know this ins't organized and I know this seems very stupid, however I wish I could have read something like this to save me hours of crying and stress. I know it seems silly to have such basic fixes, however I know firsthand that they can be useful. I will go back and reorganize all of this in a couple of days when I have more time. I put this together to hopefully save someone a bunch of frantic XDA forum surfing to try to find the simplest solutions. I took answers from all different websites to make this, I just put them all in once place and tried to make it look pretty.

I can't get out of the "Start" "Fastboot" "Recovery mode" and "Off screen!!!"

If you get to this point you've missed a simple step or you are just confused. Turn off the phone and follow the normal EDL steps and redo the step with the MSM tool. I know it seem silly to be having this problem, but I somehow (not knowing enough) thought this was a problem and got stuck for a couple of hours trying to fix it.

How I got to this problem
I know it seems like something is very wrong, however let me explain why I got to this point. I had accidentally clicked "Use Lite Firehouse" in MSM and I had stopped it halfway and needed to redo it. However, I thought I couldn't get back into EDL mode because I couldn't get it to stay out of that screen. However after a lot of panicking (5 hours) and posting everywhere I realized all I had to do was go back into EDL mode and restart the MSM tool

The MSM tool can't find my phone!!!!

What I did to fix this was continuing to attempt to get my phone into EDL mode, just keep trying. I will try to explain it in the way that made the most sense to me.
1. Turn off your phone
2. Unplug the cable connected to your computer
3. Launch the MSM tool
4. Hold down the volume up and down button with one hand, while you plug the cable back into the phone
5. Continue to hold the buttons until the MSM tool connects to your phone.

I remember having this problem but I remember having to install another extra driver however I can't think of what it was at the moment. I will add to that once I figure it out

After putting my phone into EDL mode my phone screen is black and it won't respond to anything I do

Hold the power button and volume up for about 15 seconds until the phone restarts and shut it back down and try to connect the phone to the MSM tool again.

When I put in the command "fastboot flashing unlock-critical" it gets stuck at "waiting for any device"

This means that you are missing yet ANOTHER driver. I was stuck on this problem for a solid couple of hours. Here are a few things I did, some of them worked for me some didn't. I will add pictures at a later date

1. Google search for the OnePlus driver installer and install that.
2. Go to device manager and your phone should be listed as "Android" or something along those lines.
3. Click on the device then update drivers, navigate to the programfiles (x86) folder and to oneplus USB drivers and try doing a manual install from there

I had also downloaded a bunch of random drivers from different websites and tried them all until one finally worked. I will look for those and add them here tomorrow.

Another thing to note, I had also had to disable windows driver checker, by following this link (I can't post links yet, will add soon)

When I go to install the firmware with the command "flash-all.bat" It goes really really slow and it gets stuck

Make sure you have your phone plugged into a USB 3.0 port! After switching mine around, that knocked out one problem.

Halfway through the flash I get a pink t-mobile screen and it boots and my wifi doesn't work, and the command line is stuck on "waiting for any device"

A few other people in this post have had these problems, and this is what I did to fix it. Everything I have seen says just to try it again. While simply running through the process again may fix it, this is what I did.

1. Hold down the power button to shutdown the phone
2. Turn it back on and when you get to the screen that says "press the power button to pause booting" do that. Press and hold the power button to stop booting and you should return to the green "start" screen.

This should allow you to get back and the flashing should resume, you may have to do this a few times

My phone shows three languages to select from and some options

Leave the phone alone, it will do its thing.

I think I covered everything that I ran into so far. I will go back and add pictures and links and whatnot when I can. Thanks for reading my post!!

One problem I did run into was that google messages wont work with RCS anymore, is there a fix for that?

The only thing I haven't done is manually update the driver, and that's because it says that there is a problem with the hash and I haven't found a way to get windows to ignore it

*edit 2*
I found a way to make my computer accept the driver. You go to cmd and type " bcdedit /set testsigning on". Then, the part that I kept missing, YOU MUST RESTART YOUR PC. It works perfectly for me now. Thanks!

Last edited:

vikumRB

Dec 29, 2020
Bought the device unlocked from ebay and converted to international, thanks to you guys. Relocked the bootloader too. Btw I'm from Sri Lanka and the device works like a charm.

guliver365

Mar 14, 2009
Los Angeles
I think I got into problem I followed this guide I ran the MSM download tool got a green line it was completed did
fastboot flashing unlock_critical
got 10.0.9-GLOBAL-OnePlus7TOxygen_14.O.11_OTA_011_all_2003271951_3cf84b1dee-FASTBOOT.zip
Rebooted in fast boot
I did the flash-all.bat
from that the issues
got tons of errors
Writing 'reserve' FAILED (remote: '(reserve_a) No such partition')
fastboot: error: Failed to boot into userspace fastboot; one or more components might be unbootable.
Invalid sparse file format at header magic
Sending sparse 'system' 1/3 (784720 KB) OKAY [ 17.176s]
Writing 'system' FAILED (remote: 'Partition not found')

Sending sparse 'product' 1/2 (785436 KB) OKAY [ 17.266s]
Writing 'product' FAILED (remote: 'Partition not found')

From this it rebooted with the T-mobile pink logo
but after startup got NO MODEM neither wifi or cell
I guess I need help big time ....?

guliver365

Mar 14, 2009
Los Angeles
In addition, you'll need these drivers for windows too, in order for the phone to be recognized when it reboots into fastbootD.

FastbootD is when the phone reboots for the firsttime after you run flash-all.bat, you get the screen saying hold the power button to pause booting, and then it brings you to the screen with the oneplus logo, and 3 language choices. Without these drivers it never gets recognized and can't continue.

Between the OPS instructions and the ones posted by Vallan, i was able to do this yesterday on the Tmobile unlocked sim phone that b&h had for 299 on Black friday, works great and it auto updated itself to the latest OTA from oneplus. After doing that update, do a factory reset on it and then you can re-lock your bootloader if you want to.

Finally by reading the whole thread again I ran into this one and sure enough tit was the solution. When it reboot in fastbootd go to device manager on the yellow icon where it says HD1907 click on it update drivers from the file downloaded at Now the phone boot international and got modem.I probably Have to put magisk to get all the banking function and Netflix working

Last edited:
  • Love

Jason_collett

Dec 18, 2020
Stupid question. I went to international version on 7T but did not carrier unlock with the T-Mobile unlock app. Do I need to go back to TMobile software to unlock,or is there a way to do it from international? Sorry got excited and did a little premature flashing.

Inf0tec

Jan 5, 2021
Here is a patched MSM download tool for TMobile OP7T.
It will bypass the need to sim unlock before unlocking the bootloader, and will also bypass the need of an unlock token file from OnePlus (hence skip the wait period of 1 week to get the privilege to unlock). It will NOT sim unlock the phone.

1) Download the patched MSM download tool: https://drive.google.com/file/d/12y3lO0wIgb2_LSDeVw9x_2C_HjbgZlb_/view?usp=sharing

2) Run the tool, connect your phone in EDL mode (see below how to do it if you don't know), ensure the "sha256 check" is NOT checked, click the Start button and wait until it's completed.

3) The phone will show a red warning saying "device is corrupt", just ignore that and wait some time. It will fallback in fastboot because it's not able to boot. Now run the following fastboot command:
Code:

4) Bootloader is now unlocked. Update your fastboot executable, otherwise you'll encounter errors and modem issues. Download it here: https://dl.google.com/android/repository/platform-tools-latest-windows.zip. Then boot the phone in fastboot mode, and follow the steps 7, 8 and 9 of this nice guide : https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-7t/how-to/guide-t-mobile-brand-conversion-to-t4019495

How to enter EDL mode:
I have tried the procedure several times, and I am getting the same 2 errors every time:

fastboot flash reserve reserve.img
Sending 'reserve' (259328 KB) OKAY [ 5.521s]
Writing 'reserve' FAILED (remote: '(reserve_a) No such partition')
fastboot: error: Command failed

and 2.
fastboot reboot fastboot
results in the phone rebooting into the T-Mobile branded OS, with broken modem.

If anybody seen this kind of errors, please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is a patched MSM download tool for TMobile OP7T.
    It will bypass the need to sim unlock before unlocking the bootloader, and will also bypass the need of an unlock token file from OnePlus (hence skip the wait period of 1 week to get the privilege to unlock). It will NOT sim unlock the phone.

1) Download the patched MSM download tool: [removed]

2) Run the tool, connect your phone in EDL mode (see below how to do it if you don't know), ensure the "sha256 check" is NOT checked, click the Start button and wait until it's completed.

3) The phone will show a red warning saying "device is corrupt", just ignore that and wait some time. It will fallback in fastboot because it's not able to boot. Now run the following fastboot command:
    Code:

4) Bootloader is now unlocked. Update your fastboot executable, otherwise you'll encounter errors and modem issues. Download it here: https://dl.google.com/android/repository/platform-tools-latest-windows.zip. Then boot the phone in fastboot mode, and follow the steps 7, 8 and 9 of this nice guide : https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-7t/how-to/guide-t-mobile-brand-conversion-to-t4019495

How to enter EDL mode:
    [...] Getting into EDL mode took me a while because I'd never had to do that on any previous phone way back when I used custom ROMs. Note that in EDL mode the screen is blank, and apparently it times out after 10 seconds. So the way to do it is to power off the phone and disconnect the USB if it's connected. Then press both volume UP and DOWN at same time, then while holding those buttons down, insert the USB which should already be connected to your computer. The best way would be to have the MSM program already open on your PC, then put phone into ELD mode. I had my left hand holding the volume buttons on the phone (press hard with two fingers to be sure), used right hand to plug in USB, then right hand on the mouse to work MSM. Once the USB is plugged in, watch the MSM window and look for it to say "Connected". Then just click the Start button. You can then release the volume buttons on the phone and let MSM do its thing. [...]
    so I'm gonna write my own summary hoping it fills any gaps. thanks to everyone else for providing very useful information and thanks to OP for putting in the work for figuring this out.

1. first and foremost, make sure all of your drivers are correct. this is a must. boot into fastboot and EDL modes and check your device manager to make sure their drivers are properly installed. I had issues with getting the fastboot driver to work on my desktop but was picked up easily on my laptop. i still ended up pursuing fixing the driver on the desktop but no drivers from anywhere would work. i ended up going into windows update and installing the optional driver updates--some of these might be named samsung, but install any that sound related to android. this finally fixed the fastboot driver error on my desktop. the fastboot driver on my device manager was called "kedacom USB device">android bootloader interface

2. I used the "all in one tool" available on this forum to get into EDL mode but you can do it manually too, it's not hard. as mentioned before, you will need to hold down the buttons then click start in MSM. If you release the volume buttons early it will kick you out of EDL--well at least for me. you can release the buttons once MSM starts. MSM took me about 130 seconds. This was over USB 3.0 port. I had no issue with USB 3.0 ports throughout the process but YMMV. At the end, it will give you a bootloader unlock menu and ask whether to unlock it or not. no one mentioned it before, but you have to manually click yes to unlock it. you will be kicked back into fastboot mode with the bootloader status as unlocked.

3. I downloaded 10.0.9 global rom package, because i'm planning to relock the bootloader after. if you plan to keep bootloader unlocked just update to latest zip available. if you're planning to relock, make sure the zip isn't the latest version as you won't be able to OTA update from the OS if it's latest version (until there's another update). Copy the contents of the global rom zip into your ADB folder. The ADB tools inside the global rom zip might be older so I decided to keep the files in the ADB folder as is (i.e. the ones linked in OP) and not overwrite with the ADB files from the global rom zip. I went to CMD into the adb folder and ran the flash bat command. The first time it went to the "waiting for device" stage but did not go back into fastboot mode to continue, instead went to pink TMO bootscreen and eventually into the OS. I manually went back into fastboot mode via recovery mode and tried again. This time it went through it all (ignore the errors as mentioned in the CMD screen)

You're done here if you want to keep the bootloader unlocked

4. If you plan to relock bootloader, go into settings menu and look for update. you should get one, download it and install it. Once installed, factory reset and let it boot into OS. Then go into fastboot mode and relock bootloader with commands below

check to make sure phone is being picked up by bootloader

Code:
    fastboot devices

command to relock bootloader

Code:
    fastboot oem lock

I went back into the fastboot menu to make sure it's locked and did another factory reset

I can confirm that play store shows as certified and google pay cards can be added but I have not confirmed anything beyond that or checked netflix

i hope this helps somewhat, good luck!
    Tested, 100% working.
    No risks, if there is an error you can just flash the stock TMO msm and you'll be 100% stock and working.
    This is to bypass the need to sim unlock and to bypass the wait period of OnePlus. But this does not sim unlock the phone.
    I'm not sure. In my case, I had a driver that appeared to be correct but the MSM tool would just hang. If you have the phone running in edl mode you could check the driver version in device manager but I'm not sure how to verify which one is the correct one.

This is the driver I ended up using.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0Fg_uwj-hWoYndYTTMwQUZ2RlU/view

In addition, you'll need these drivers for windows too, in order for the phone to be recognized when it reboots into fastbootD.

FastbootD is when the phone reboots for the firsttime after you run flash-all.bat, you get the screen saying hold the power button to pause booting, and then it brings you to the screen with the oneplus logo, and 3 language choices. Without these drivers it never gets recognized and can't continue.

Between the OPS instructions and the ones posted by Vallan, i was able to do this yesterday on the Tmobile unlocked sim phone that b&h had for 299 on Black friday, works great and it auto updated itself to the latest OTA from oneplus. After doing that update, do a factory reset on it and then you can re-lock your bootloader if you want to.
    Tested, 100% working.
    No risks, if there is an error you can just flash the stock TMO msm and you'll be 100% stock and working.
    This is to bypass the need to sim unlock and to bypass the wait period of OnePlus. But this does not sim unlock the phone.

Confirmed! Presently bootloader unlocked and global rom installed. Will receive my unlock token on Friday......hee hee.
    Wanted to say thank you for putting this together and making it dummy proof.