• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

T-Mobile 7T Pro 5G McLaren bootloader unlock without SIM unlock/OnePlus unlock token!

Search This thread

Superboy58

Jun 3, 2010
Clermont-Ferrand
Here is a patched MSM download tool for TMobile OP7T Pro 5G McLaren.
It will bypass the need to sim unlock before unlocking the bootloader, and will also bypass the need of an unlock token file from OnePlus (hence skip the wait period of 1 week to get the privilege to unlock). It will NOT sim unlock the phone.

1) Download the patched MSM download tool: http://www.mediafire.com/file/6r6vn...04+patched+for+easy+bootloader+unlock.7z/file
EDIT: 10.0.39 version: http://www.mediafire.com/file/vdphi4ncs9alxv6/hotdogg_13_A.01_200915_patched_10.0.39.7z/file

2) Run the tool, select "other" in "Login type", click Next, connect your phone in EDL mode, ensure the "sha256 check" is NOT checked, select "TMO" in the Target dropdown, click the Start button and wait until it's completed.

3) The phone will show a red warning saying "device is corrupt", just ignore that and wait some time. It will fallback in fastboot because it's not able to boot. Update your fastboot executable, otherwise fastboot might not recognise the following command. Download it here: https://dl.google.com/android/repository/platform-tools-latest-windows.zip. Now run the following fastboot command, and follow the instructions on the screen of the phone:
Code:
fastboot flashing unlock_critical

4) Bootloader is now unlocked.

5) If you want to be able to boot, you'll probably need to flash again the boot.img of the rom. Download it here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/37rl13s60rsqy5m/boot.img/file
EDIT: 10.0.39 boot.img : http://www.mediafire.com/file/tt6c58u519d8ktc/boot.img_10.0.39.7z/file
And run the command:
Code:
fastboot flash boot boot.img

6) Run "fastboot reboot".

Last edited:

t436h05t

Oct 13, 2007
So with this you would not need to contact TMobile to permanent unlock and the OEM unlock the phone? And you would also not need to get the unlock code from OnePlus for the bootloader?

noobiedev83

May 12, 2015
Just click on Login type and select "Other" in the dropdown.
The tool will open without credentials.

ok so I did it but im stuck in fastboot and the phone wont reboot to the os, any ideas?

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

in fastboot mode under bootloader version I dont have anything in there and on Baseband either is blank. is that normal?

noobiedev83

May 12, 2015

Superboy58

Jun 3, 2010
Clermont-Ferrand
Ok, I understand what happened.
I talked with the person who proposed to test the tool, @omariscal1019 , and we think you can't boot because you were for example on the rom 10.0.30 but you flashed this MSM which is based on 10.0.36 rom.
You might need to flash back only the boot.img of the 10.0.30 ROM.
I will extract boot and recovery partitions of each rom versions and post them on the first post of this thread.

Now that you are unlocked you only need to run
"fastboot flash boot boot.img" (not exactly sure of the syntax but it's close)
That will flash your boot partition

noobiedev83

May 12, 2015
Ok, I understand what happened.
I talked with the person who proposed to test the tool, @omariscal1019 , and we think you can't boot because you were for example on the rom 10.0.30 but you flashed this MSM which is based on 10.0.36 rom.
You might need to flash back only the boot.img of the 10.0.30 ROM.
I will extract boot and recovery partitions of each rom versions and post them on the first post of this thread.

Now that you are unlocked you only need to run
"fastboot flash boot boot.img" (not exactly sure of the syntax but it's close)
That will flash your boot partition
I was in the latest software update that tmobile release 2 days ago

Superboy58

Jun 3, 2010
Clermont-Ferrand
tested all the suggestions and no go, still get stuck in fastboot mode after trying to unlock bootloader with this tool.

You say "after trying to unlock bootloader" which suggest the bootloader unlock failed ?
Does the fastboot mode shows unlocked bootloader ? If it's locked, that's normal that the phone is stuck in fastboot.

Have you tried to flash the original T-Mobile 10.0.36 MSM, then the patched 10.0.36 MSM?

noobiedev83

May 12, 2015
You say "after trying to unlock bootloader" which suggest the bootloader unlock failed ?
Does the fastboot mode shows unlocked bootloader ? If it's locked, that's normal that the phone is stuck in fastboot.

Have you tried to flash the original T-Mobile 10.0.36 MSM, then the patched 10.0.36 MSM?
well it shows that is unlock in the fastboot menu but it wont reboot to the os, is stuck in the fastboot mode and I already reflash the newest 10.0.36 msm and I try to patch again but no go.

Top Liked Posts