T-Mobile 7T Pro 5G McLaren bootloader unlock without SIM unlock/OnePlus unlock token!

Search This thread

Gamesoul Master

Aug 26, 2010
Nope, and you can't toggle "OEM Unlock" while SIM locked. I just followed the guide (after backing up persist.img ofc) then I flashed my ROM of choice, which is AOSIP.
You most definitely can. I SIM unlocked twice, and it let me toggle the OEM Unlocking both times with no problem. I wonder though... I'll have to try it without turning OEM Unlocking on. I'm not sure how that would make a difference, but each time I tried running this, I had toggled it first, assuming that it was some unspoken, necessary step. Maybe I was overthinking it though. Though even if I was, I'd be surprised if the other people who failed had checked that option.

I'm pretty sure I rebooted fastboot. Using Powershell (which I'm not a fan of, but still). Although the second and third time I tried this, I just tried following the directions exactly, and the phone still wouldn't boot. Also, the instruction to use "fastboot continue" failed. Should be irrelevant, but I had to manually use the phone buttons to tell it that unlocking is okay on that step... lol.

Thing is, I'm not quite sure how any of these things would make partitions apparently disappear on the phone. I mean, stranger things have happened. But I'll give it some more attempts in the next day or two. I wanted to do some solid brainstorming to work out various possibilities first. Because I'd rather not try a new thing every night and have to reinstall my data each night. This is also my work phone, after all.

Also, just want to thank you for responding. To get this working for all of us, I'm going to need all the feedback I can get. And as somebody who it actually worked for, your feedback should be quite useful :)

Last edited:

Superboy58

Jun 3, 2010
Clermont-Ferrand
People I sent the tool to test it reported it to work, but faced the same issue:
they had to flash again their boot partition so the phone would boot.

Edit: you don't need to toggle any settings in Android before flashing this. Flashing with msm tool will erase both system and data so it doesn't matter which settings were on or off before flashing. Everything is lost after the flash.
Plus, the setting "OEM unlock" is already enabled by default in the rom that the msm tool is flashing to the phone, which allows to run the unlock command without booting to Android, which we are unable to because of the warning "device corrupt" (it's part of the trick).

Last edited:

Tech0verlord

Sep 8, 2020
So I have an unrooted 7T pro Mclaren I'm planning to root. I've rooted an ATT Note 3 but that was completely different in the usual way of rooting. I do not have a sim unlock yet, so this is my current option for unlocking the bootloader. I just want to make sure I'm doing things right.

If I go to root, I unlock the bootloader with this, then follow the main root guide, starting of at the fastboot TWRP step, then follow it to the end to root.Then optionally fix OTA with the reserve.img OTA fixer. Correct?

omariscal1019

Nov 12, 2008
Sun Valley, CA
So I have an unrooted 7T pro Mclaren I'm planning to root. I've rooted an ATT Note 3 but that was completely different in the usual way of rooting. I do not have a sim unlock yet, so this is my current option for unlocking the bootloader. I just want to make sure I'm doing things right.

If I go to root, I unlock the bootloader with this, then follow the main root guide, starting of at the fastboot TWRP step, then follow it to the end to root.Then optionally fix OTA with the reserve.img OTA fixer. Correct?

yes.. also when u use the tool dont let it boot up after msm is flashed.

when u see msm say download complete unplug phone and hold the volume up and down buttons until it boots in fastboot mode then run the command to unlock the bootloader.

omariscal1019

Nov 12, 2008
Sun Valley, CA
@Superboy58

Thanks to @Betrayy

Updated instructions:
- Open the modded msm tool, uncheck sha 256 box, select target to TMO
- connect phone in EDL mode
- start the msm tool to get it running
- after the tool shows download complete in green letters, IMMEDIATELY disconnect phone and hold vol up + down to reboot into bootloader
- shift and then right click (on blank space), open powershell and then type cmd
- then type the command - 'fastboot flashing unlock_critical'
- select unlock on phone and the phone will automatically reboot and bootloader is unlocked

Trevaryn

Jun 23, 2011
Washington
OnePlus 9 Pro
Im having an issue where this tool unlocks my bootloader BUT it breaks OTA's, I have not been able to use the OTA fixer to fix them. Not sure what to do at this point. I either get OTA's OR Bl unlock without sim unlock.

Jbo914

Jun 26, 2011
Same. Bootloader unlocked via these instructions, Rooted via the rest of the root thread instructions, then ran ota fixer for 10.0.0.36 via those instructions. Sadly OTA install returns "Installation Problem". Looking for ideas.

noobiedev83

May 12, 2015
I'm guessing you have to wait for the newest os modded tool to be able to unlock the bootloader in the newest os.

Superboy58

Jun 3, 2010
Clermont-Ferrand
I will try to patch the new one if I have the time.
I don't currently have time to do so.

I also don't know if MSM tools have been released and shared for 10.0.39 ? It is necessary to do the new tool.

winkynatedog

Jun 18, 2007
Ocean City, NJ
Good afternoon,

I haven't done anything on any phones for a while, so I apologize if this question sound really noobish. I am looking to Root and install ROMs. If I run this program will the phone be rooted? Does this phone need to be rooted or just the bootloader unlocked to install ROMs? The biggest thing I want to do, is install Roms, and Viper4Droid for audio purposes. I am pretty sure that in order to install Viper4Droid I need to be rooted. Any help is appreciated.

My phone is completely stock and my build number is: 10.0.37. HD61CB

Thanks,

Nate

Last edited:

Nova89

Feb 18, 2020
Hello Everyone.

Its been awhile since I have been on XDA and its great to be back on the 7t Pro McLaren :D

I think I may have figured this out by panic testing...always my go to :cool:

I followed the instructions by the OP and I too was stuck in fastboot on 10.0.39, and unable to flash the boot.img he provided. Tripping out a little, decided to play with some options with this tool.
https://xdaforums.com/7t-pro-mclaren/how-to/tool-tool-one-driversunlocktwrpfactory-t4103513
Under the bootloader, I hit the "unlock" and decided to push the "I have a normal device" button. The GUI to unlock the bootloader showed up on my phone and I clicked my way to an unlocked bootloader! Since I have been able to flash the boot.img as described in the OP.

One of the rare instances my panic resolutions have enabled a first time go without bricking the device. Hope this helps someone else!

Edit: broke OTA as well

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts