T-Mobile 8T+ unlock

Search This thread

matt71189

Oct 26, 2020
Why do I read posts on here about everyone having success in getting t-mobile to unlock their phones even when their still being financed and I have talked to 5 different reps and everyone of them has flat out told me they will not unlock my phone until I pay it off?

I use the same recommended story that I'm an app developer and I need my bootloader unlocked which requires the device to be unlocked.

TheMadScientist

Recognized Contributor
Mar 5, 2014
VT
Why do I read posts on here about everyone having success in getting t-mobile to unlock their phones even when their still being financed and I have talked to 5 different reps and everyone of them has flat out told me they will not unlock my phone until I pay it off?

I use the same recommended story that I'm an app developer and I need my bootloader unlocked which requires the device to be unlocked.

Cause all the guys who did it are gone now
I don't think there is a method for this device yet

stmims1124

Sep 28, 2010
Gaithersburg, MD
OnePlus 8T

Have you been with T-Mobile long? I suspect they're more willing if you've been a customer for years and have remained in good standing, always paying your bills in time. Not saying that you haven't, I just think that will help. Maybe they're less inclined with new customers, though I'm just speculating.
Get at T-Force on Twitter, that's what I did. I was honest with them, told them I had to travel (so the unlock for me just happens to also help me here). They initially tried to do the temporary unlock and when that didn't work for whatever reason, they forced the full unlock. Took 5 minutes tops. Of course, YMMV...it depends on the rep you get. If one won't do it, try again the next day and you'll likely get a different rep.

Sent from my OnePlus 8T using XDA Labs

kidownzus

Dec 23, 2013
OnePlus 8T
So I would love if I could get this XDA community alive as far as the KB2007 is concerned. To update everyone with the process thus far.

I bought two Oneplus 8T+ From T-Mobile less than a month ago. Also started new service with them, go me!!!

I love the functionality of a rooted device. I've been using a non rooted S9+ on att for the last 2+ years.
So here we are.... I buy the phones, take them home. Only to see my OEM unlock greyed out..... DAMMIT.
I call t-mobile, they tell me I have to wait 40 days from the date purchased for them to unlock the SIM. Mark the day on my calendar.
Not really patient for that, so I started looking on good ole' XDA.
To my surprise I find some info that says I should message t-mobile on fb.
Why not??? Lets try it. They got the unlock done within 5 minutes.
Permanent unlock lets gooo!!!! So I reach out to oneplus, to get the bootloader unlocked. Got the unlock code. Used the website, pending application! GREAT!

So questions for the future. Is there any good OnePlus k2007 OFFICIAL Roms out?
And should I be fine using https://androidbiits.com/root-t-mobile-oneplus-8t-plus-5g-kb2007-easily/
as a source to root from? Any information would be gladly appreciated.

craznazn

Nov 12, 2009
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 9 Pro
So I would love if I could get this XDA community alive as far as the KB2007 is concerned. To update everyone with the process thus far.

I bought two Oneplus 8T+ From T-Mobile less than a month ago. Also started new service with them, go me!!!

I love the functionality of a rooted device. I've been using a non rooted S9+ on att for the last 2+ years.
So here we are.... I buy the phones, take them home. Only to see my OEM unlock greyed out..... DAMMIT.
I call t-mobile, they tell me I have to wait 40 days from the date purchased for them to unlock the SIM. Mark the day on my calendar.
Not really patient for that, so I started looking on good ole' XDA.
To my surprise I find some info that says I should message t-mobile on fb.
Why not??? Lets try it. They got the unlock done within 5 minutes.
Permanent unlock lets gooo!!!! So I reach out to oneplus, to get the bootloader unlocked. Got the unlock code. Used the website, pending application! GREAT!

So questions for the future. Is there any good OnePlus k2007 OFFICIAL Roms out?
And should I be fine using https://androidbiits.com/root-t-mobile-oneplus-8t-plus-5g-kb2007-easily/
as a source to root from? Any information would be gladly appreciated.
Lineage, crDroid, etc, all works with KB2007 with single SIM support. You can flash Global/EU/India OOS for dual SIM support.

kidownzus

Dec 23, 2013
OnePlus 8T
It says there are no known issues from converting. So it won't make it anymore difficult for me to connect to tmobile towers? Is there anything I need to lookout for while doing this? Seems like a wild method. Why does the conversion need to happen. Jc?

Oswald Boelcke

Forum Moderator / Recognized Translator
Staff member
  • I call t-mobile, they tell me I have to wait 40 days from the date purchased for them to unlock the SIM. Mark the day on my calendar.
    Maybe @mobbdeep can help?

mobbdeep

Sep 22, 2015
    @kidownzus - If you're using your 8T+ on T-Mobile right now, check out my thread below..

pgavril

Sep 20, 2010
    @kidownzus - If you're using your 8T+ on T-Mobile right now, check out my thread below..

Fast and reliable service. The guy unlocked my 8T fast and with no hassle. Can vouch for him

Reactions: mobbdeep

RyanlOwen

Dec 11, 2018
    OnePlus 8T
    im having trouble unlocking with my token.bin it keeps telling me that it cant unlock in a locked state and oem unlocking is enabled. I had it unlocked before but i restored it with stock because the beta sucked now i cant get it to unlock the bootloader

parakleet

Mar 2, 2011
    im having trouble unlocking with my token.bin it keeps telling me that it cant unlock in a locked state and oem unlocking is enabled. I had it unlocked before but i restored it with stock because the beta sucked now i cant get it to unlock the bootloader
    If you flashed back to stock by using MSM for instance you have to start over as if you are taking the phone from the box.
    Everything you did prior to the recovery is history and irrelevant to the current state of your phone with the exception of the unlock token.
    You don't need a new one the original one will work.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone