• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

T-mobile Ameo Black Screen after unlock

Search This thread

seosamh1973

Jul 15, 2007
Hi Guys

I've been reading this forum for two days now, and still haven't found the answer to my solution.

I used Olipros unlocker on Saturday, but after step 1 the screen went black and it wont reboot.

I can get into bootloader (by pressing the camera button and the reset pin at the same time), but I can't install the OS from Activesync as the PC can't see the ameo.

I can also get to factory reset (by pressing the volume slider down and powering up), but I haven't done anything in there.

The bootloader shows Olipro SPL 1.2

At the same time as getting this sorted I thought I'd upgrade to WM6 from the posts that are here, but I can't find at all, how to get the ROM onto the ameo without Activesync seeing it.

Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Joe

bebox

May 28, 2006
Blois
mobisit.blogspot.com
i have had the same problem.

i solve doing this :

1rst enter in bootloader mode ( Reset + camera button )

plug your USB cable

and flash WM5 or WM6 rom with flash utility

utilies doesn't trcognize your current rom etc but donc care about

then after flash 100% my athena (HTC advantage boot up normaly again)

i hope my experience help you

seosamh1973

Jul 15, 2007
Hi, thanks for your advice:

Here's what I'm doing:

Bootloader (Camera and reset hole)

Bootloader shows ATHE100
SPL-v1.20. Olipro

USB

I'm then running mtty tool and can get a connection with:

Cmd>

I type Task 32 and it states Level=0

do I then use the lnbs command?

I'm sorry, I dont see what to do now

You state to upgrade ROM with flash utility, but whats the flash utility?

Is it Mtty?

Or another tool that I haven't got yet?

I have downloaded the ROM update tools, and within the rar files there are apps like, enterbootloader, ruugetinfo, rapitool, etc, but they wont run, they say that they aren't a valid win32 application

Sorry, I know my phones not knackered, just don't know how to get out of it.

Joe

Abram

Jan 6, 2004
Beatles City
Hi Guys

I've been reading this forum for two days now, and still haven't found the answer to my solution.

I used Olipros unlocker on Saturday, but after step 1 the screen went black and it wont reboot.

I can get into bootloader (by pressing the camera button and the reset pin at the same time), but I can't install the OS from Activesync as the PC can't see the ameo.

I can also get to factory reset (by pressing the volume slider down and powering up), but I haven't done anything in there.

The bootloader shows Olipro SPL 1.2

At the same time as getting this sorted I thought I'd upgrade to WM6 from the posts that are here, but I can't find at all, how to get the ROM onto the ameo without Activesync seeing it.

Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Joe

Just out of curiosity, did you take your storage card out before you began the unlock?

TryOG

Jan 23, 2006
0xFFFFFFFF
www.deezine.nl
Nope, didn't realise I had to....

Is that the common factor in it failing?

Joe

I don't think so, I don't have a memory card on my Ameo and had the same problem.. And when I told the Olipro **** that I got the black screen AND his SPL was flashed successfully, he kinda went frenzy about "IT IS NOT MY FAULT, IT IS YOURS! YOU ARE STUPID, I AM GOD!".. Nice support, huh? :D

Donate the mofo!

Last edited:

TryOG

Jan 23, 2006
0xFFFFFFFF
www.deezine.nl
I suggest people read the forum thread, I've been aware of the problem since day one after xmen's pda reset itself while running an unpatched SPL.

clearly you're a moron, or your english is ****, possibly both.

This guy refers to you...
Pantaloonie said:
I'm glad i'm not the only one who feels that way.
The man is obnoxious, arrogant and rude.
But hey - it's a public forum, he can say whatever he wants - as can I.

Just don't flame "stupid" people. And if someone asks for help: ignore, say that you won't help them or help them properly (without flaming).

Thnx.

And another thing.
You look *smart* and *cool* when you flame other people when they get problems and ask for help!!! (not) :)

Last edited:

Olipro

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 22, 2005
Your SPL
OK... there's nothing I can do about it, if it black screens, please go and flash a ROM with an OS on it.

until I get hold of a new SPL, I do apologise for this unknown bug, but again, as I said, it's an intrinsic problem of 1.10.

Flash a ROM if it happens to you and it'll be fine. your device will NOT be bricked.

TryOG

Jan 23, 2006
0xFFFFFFFF
www.deezine.nl
OK... there's nothing I can do about it, if it black screens, please go and flash a ROM with an OS on it.

until I get hold of a new SPL, I do apologise for this unknown bug, but again, as I said, it's an intrinsic problem of 1.10.

Flash a ROM if it happens to you and it'll be fine. your device will NOT be bricked.

Thank you for this friendly answer... (I mean it)

Calavaro

Jun 1, 2004

Better,,, and sorta friendly.

What do you think about this little gem:
Pissed off == no reply @ the forums.
Cooled down == yeah, ok I can reply. ;)

But then again, what do I know, eh?
Some people PAID you to hack/crack/mangle/otherwise play around with a Athena.

No, I didn't use any of your programs... I have had an unlocked Athena since day one. No, I will wait for the official Dopod release on the 20th (hopefully). If I see any bugs, HELL YES I will query the collective hive mind here.

But please, lay off the "I'm better than you" attitude. It doesn't do any good at all.

Abram

Jan 6, 2004
Beatles City

Thank you for this friendly answer... (I mean it)

Alright guys! I do believe we can start all over, be nice & make progress! Let's try to enjoy our devices and appreciate each other.