• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

T-Mobile Bootloader/Sim unlock Bypass..

Search This thread

JhinCuatro

Mar 2, 2017
I'm shocked there is absolutely no discussion on the new method that just launced. Due to the lack of activity, it's not made clear if the bootloader unlock method unlocks the sim card as well.. I don't even know if the method is worth taking or has any significant issues in the longrun..

xeebot

Mar 26, 2010
Los Angeles
If you're talking about the q upgrade to get bootloader unlocked. I'm kind of surprised too.

I unlocked my bootloader via that method and it did not sim unlock my op7p. I dropped an at&t sim and it told me the phone is network locked and to use the Tmo unlock app.

xeebot

Mar 26, 2010
Los Angeles
Any method of getting it Sim unlocked if you are outside of the US?

None that I know of if you buy a network locked version like the GM1915 from TMobile. Have to go through the carrier for SIM unlock on those.

The guy that started the tmo to international conversion thread said it's possible, but complicated and would be release later. Hope they get it out soon.

LexApp

Oct 20, 2013
Owings Mill
The Q unlocks the bootloader but the GSM SIM is still locked. I tried this command and got this response

./fastboot erase modemst2
Erasing 'modemst2' FAILED (remote: 'Erase is not allowed for Critical Partitions
')
./fastboot reboot
Rebooting OKAY [ 0.002s]

Would be grateful to find someone with useful info on how to sim unlock this phone.

Thanks

dami00976

Dec 27, 2008
If you have t-mobile version there are 2 guys on guide thread that unlock the phone through the t-mobile app. If your using t-mobile outside the carrier you will have to pay to a 3er party service eBay haves them

LexApp

Oct 20, 2013
Owings Mill
Do you know of any 3rd party service that can do this? Please let me know, thanks

---------- Post added at 07:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 AM ----------

If you have t-mobile version there are 2 guys on guide thread that unlock the phone through the t-mobile app. If your using t-mobile outside the carrier you will have to pay to a 3er party service eBay haves them

Thanks but do you know of any 3rd party service that can do this? Please let me know, thanks

Reactions: juanocastro813
Mar 28, 2013
Same question. I bought one on eBay and I haven't been able to unlock it for free. Im outside US so I'm not able to activate phone on T-Mobile also.

Do you know of any 3rd party service that can do this? Please let me know, thanks

---------- Post added at 07:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 AM ----------

Thanks but do you know of any 3rd party service that can do this? Please let me know, thanks

Mar 28, 2013
Have you tried this first?

fastboot flashing unlock

then

fastboot flashing unlock_critical

The Q unlocks the bootloader but the GSM SIM is still locked. I tried this command and got this response

./fastboot erase modemst2
Erasing 'modemst2' FAILED (remote: 'Erase is not allowed for Critical Partitions
')
./fastboot reboot
Rebooting OKAY [ 0.002s]

Would be grateful to find someone with useful info on how to sim unlock this phone.

Thanks

flyhotstuff

May 20, 2012
I'm in the same boat

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

I'm in the same boat. Waiting for a solution outside the USA. Remote unlock etc

Moses M

May 28, 2015
Berkeley
i think this command is for unlocking your bootloader

No, these commands are for the dangerous ability to flash & erase criticals like modem.

The code to unlock BL is:

fastboot oem unlock

(Erases all data)

---------- Post added at 08:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 AM ----------

I dunno if BL can be downgraded bc OP7P starts on android 9 rom which has security patches which prevent flashing to modem.

Found this thread for a different phone which has the same issue you guys are having:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/essential-phone/help/failed-remote-flashing-allowed-modem-t3924591

If BL can be modified, the perhaps you can erase/flash Modemst1 & 2. If anyone knows of someone who tinkers with BL, bring them here :fingers-crossed:

Reactions: LexApp

Lussardi

Mar 24, 2013
San Salvador
No, these commands are for the dangerous ability to flash & erase criticals like modem.

The code to unlock BL is:

fastboot oem unlock

(Erases all data)

---------- Post added at 08:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 AM ----------

I dunno if BL can be downgraded bc OP7P starts on android 9 rom which has security patches which prevent flashing to modem.

Found this thread for a different phone which has the same issue you guys are having:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/essential-phone/help/failed-remote-flashing-allowed-modem-t3924591

If BL can be modified, the perhaps you can erase/flash Modemst1 & 2. If anyone knows of someone who tinkers with BL, bring them here :fingers-crossed:

any advance whith this?

ccamacho83

Oct 19, 2008
so I have the following Scenario, I was able to use the temporary unlock on the Tmobile app, I put another sim and it works, I have read this is only for a month, but if I switch to the international version will the unlock stays? have anybpody tried that before?

Top Liked Posts