• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

T-Mobile bootloader unlock.

Search This thread

cammykool

Sep 6, 2011
Colorado
Just so everyone with a T-Mo variant is aware. Calling T-Force does still work. Tell them that you are a developer for work and need access to the bootloader unlock which is tied to the device unlock. As long as you are s good standing customer and the rep feels they can trust you, you're golden. Took me about 5 minutes

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201024-113314.jpg
    Screenshot_20201024-113314.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 1,705
Reactions: Alakazamm

dchurch85

Jan 23, 2009
I tried T-Mobile help on twitter, they said no... This was before I saw this. I said I traveled a lot and had always had unlocked phones and that they had done it before, but they said no this time.

jwarrior319

I tried T-Mobile help on twitter, they said no... This was before I saw this. I said I traveled a lot and had always had unlocked phones and that they had done it before, but they said no this time.
Im stuck going through sprint support cause i still have sprint plan but this is a T-Mobile device. Can sprint even do it?

Sent from my OnePlus KB2007 using XDA Labs

jwarrior319

Currently chatting with sprint and they're trying to find a way to unlock bootloader without unlocking sim lol. Who knows though. There 2 different systems so maybe.

Would an imei unlock type thing work?

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

Im currently trying to bs my way through ill add a screenshot later either way

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

Damn, everytime its sounding good it immediately goes downhill. Sprint CS is horrible

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

So there system is straight up brick walling them

craznazn

Nov 12, 2009
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 9 Pro
Just so everyone with a T-Mo variant is aware. Calling T-Force does still work. Tell them that you are a developer for work and need access to the bootloader unlock which is tied to the device unlock. As long as you are s good standing customer and the rep feels they can trust you, you're golden. Took me about 5 minutes

Is this just to skip the 40-day thing or do they also unlock devices still on EIP?

cammykool

Sep 6, 2011
Colorado
Cool, thanks. I'll try tomorrow. What excuse did you use? (Travel? Dev?)
"I'm a developer for work, and the bootloader unlock is something I need and is why I bought a OnePlus. I was not aware T-Mobile locked this feature. The bootloader unlock is tied to the SIM unlock. Can we sim unlock it to give me access to the bootloader unlock? I'm not planning on leaving or going anywhere obviously. But this is just a feature I REALLY need"

Is essentially what I said.

highland180

Jun 22, 2014
If you got 1/2 off, you may loose the discount by paying it off early.

I'm just going to bring some bagels and coffee to my new buds at the local T-Mobile store.

Can the T-Mobile KB2007 be rooted yet?

---------- Post added at 05:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 AM ----------

Note: Ensure you won't loose ant discounts by paying the phone off early

jameslapc2

Oct 18, 2012
The Green Mountain State
"I'm a developer for work, and the bootloader unlock is something I need and is why I bought a OnePlus. I was not aware T-Mobile locked this feature. The bootloader unlock is tied to the SIM unlock. Can we sim unlock it to give me access to the bootloader unlock? I'm not planning on leaving or going anywhere obviously. But this is just a feature I REALLY need"

Is essentially what I said.

I'll definitely have to try this. Because I have the regular 8 coming in on Tuesday.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm working on the requests I've gotten now just having some technical problems with the new mobile app. Sorry for the delay guys, things have been insane with the holidays.
    Can you guys resend your requests? I know I have a few I was able to find but with this new app update I seem to have lost some and was unable to login for a while.

Edit: yeah, most of my conversations I had to leave because I don't know who I've already helped and who I haven't. Sorry for the inconvenience, I'm on mobile.
    If I haven't replied to your message yet it means it got lost in the abyss that is my inbox right now. I will need you to message me again with your info, or check to see if I unlocked it already and was unable to message you back on this new XDA app.
    If anyone needs their phone unlocked for T-Mobile let me know and I may be able to help, given you've had the phone on the network for at least 3 days.
    My inbox shows no unread messages. This new app is a hoot. If you haven't got a response, try to unlock your phone I may have backed out by accident because I can't reply between messages for a certain time frame. If it gives you an error code, get back to me so I can help you out.