T-Mobile bootloader unlock.

Search This thread

sixisixsix

Dec 30, 2019
This is from my experience buying Tmo phone not through Tmo directly and dealing with Tmo for unlocking.
Since the seller got the phone through promo that means it is under 24 months credit plan.
If the seller disconnect the line before 24 months , your phone will be blacklisted.
The phone IMEI will be tied to the seller account for the next 24 months and only the seller (original owner) can request unlocking.
Anyway I always ask for the IMEI first and check through Tmo before I buy Tmo phone off market,.

Unfortunately Oneplus independent unlocking is expensive since it is not code based but its server based.
When you pay unlock service use credit card, if it doesnt work and the seller refuse to give you refund ,
you can always dispute it to get your money back.
Thank you for the help! Can you link me to said unlocking services? I'm thinking of just passing the cost off onto the seller and if they don't like that then I will just return it.

Reactions: Lz3807775t

hoodred

May 21, 2011

ysfk7

Nov 28, 2017
contacted TMo via Twiiter, 10 minutes and i'm now SIM unlocked. got the phone last week from tmo store. Financed.

ysfk7

Nov 28, 2017
I told them i need the bootloader unlocked for app development. To unlock bootloader, i need sim unlock

hoodred

May 21, 2011
If I get my phone sim unlock through a third party will that make it to where I can unlock the bootloader. I tried calling T-Mobile and cannot get them to do it they said I have to wait a 180 days
As long as your sim is unlock (doesnt matter how you unlock it) you can request unlock bootloader token.

BTW try to call again the next day or try different reps. I spoke to Philippine tforce in the evening and she unlocked all my 3 8t phones which I received less than 5 days.

notnola

Jan 16, 2016
New Orleans
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 8T
I just called TMobile via 611 and after a short discussion the rep swiftly unlocked my phone.

I explained that a temp unlock would be be adequate as I am a developer who frequently travels internationally, and was put a short hold. He came back in a few minutes and told me it was unlocked! The whole process took 10 minutes tops. Now I must wait the 7day period for my unlock.bin generation <3

NEVER has it been this easy for me :p

My OP7P unlock took me jumping through hoop and hoop, and lasted 4 days -__-

I hope everyone else has the same luck.

God speed

Attachments

• 2021-02-12 18_12_56-unlock token - OnePlus (United States) - Chromium.png
    2021-02-12 18_12_56-unlock token - OnePlus (United States) - Chromium.png
    11.6 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Reactions: Lz3807775t

954wrecker

Jul 9, 2012
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 9
Sorry to ask but I'm having a hard time figuring out how to search the thread. Is it possible to unlock a metro pcs oneplus N10 5g? I can't switch over to metro if I can't unlock my phones bootloader. No good info in the N10 forums unfortunately. Thanks for any help in advance.

tecknight

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 12, 2010
Las Vegas
Redmi Note 9 Pro
OnePlus 8T
Hi everyone.
I just picked up a T-Mobile OnePlus 8T + 5G through ebay.
I have since activated it on my Metro-by-TMobile SIM and it's working perfectly.
My question is:
How would I go about getting my bootloader unlocked ?

ink718

Jan 30, 2008
NYC
T-Mobile OnePlus 8T + 5G I have since activated it on my Metro-by-TMobile SIM and it's working perfectly.
How would I go about getting my bootloader unlocked ?

If you dial '611' & tell them that your a developer & that you need the bootloader unlocked they should be able to help you. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm working on the requests I've gotten now just having some technical problems with the new mobile app. Sorry for the delay guys, things have been insane with the holidays.
    Can you guys resend your requests? I know I have a few I was able to find but with this new app update I seem to have lost some and was unable to login for a while.

Edit: yeah, most of my conversations I had to leave because I don't know who I've already helped and who I haven't. Sorry for the inconvenience, I'm on mobile.
    If I haven't replied to your message yet it means it got lost in the abyss that is my inbox right now. I will need you to message me again with your info, or check to see if I unlocked it already and was unable to message you back on this new XDA app.
    If anyone needs their phone unlocked for T-Mobile let me know and I may be able to help, given you've had the phone on the network for at least 3 days.
    My inbox shows no unread messages. This new app is a hoot. If you haven't got a response, try to unlock your phone I may have backed out by accident because I can't reply between messages for a certain time frame. If it gives you an error code, get back to me so I can help you out.