• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

T-Mobile bootloader unlock.

Search This thread

hoodred

May 21, 2011
What if you purchased phone off of eBay? I am a customer of tmobile though. If it is not possible through tmobile does anyone know of any legit carrier u lock companies online?

Assuming you are buying Tmobile version,
before you buy it from ebay or elsewhere
check the IMEI number with Tmobile.

Tmobile should be able to tell you if the phone is through installment and still has balance or it has been paid off completely. If the phone still on installment and the owner default or stop the paying it, Tmobile will blacklist your phone.

Only buy Tmobile version if you can verify it with Tmobile that the phone has been fully paid.

In regards of unlocking, if the phone has been fully paid or the previous owner are in good standing they should be able to unlock it. There are some unlocking service for 8t through ebay or google it.

Reactions: Lz3807775t

sixisixsix

Dec 30, 2019
Assuming you are buying Tmobile version,
before you buy it from ebay or elsewhere
check the IMEI number with Tmobile.

Tmobile should be able to tell you if the phone is through installment and still has balance or it has been paid off completely. If the phone still on installment and the owner default or stop the paying it, Tmobile will blacklist your phone.

Only buy Tmobile version if you can verify it with Tmobile that the phone has been fully paid.

In regards of unlocking, if the phone has been fully paid or the previous owner are in good standing they should be able to unlock it. There are some unlocking service for 8t through ebay or google it.
So I messaged the seller (I already bought it) and he said because he was given the phone as part of a promo tmobile makes users wait 2 years until unlocking. The phone has 30 day free returns so I will definitely check the IMEI. That is very smart, thank you for the advice. I also bought a oneplus n10 5g, that phone checks nearly all the boxes but the lcd screen is what kills it for me. I was thinking of paying for an unlock service, but I don't know of any legit ones and it's very expensive.

hoodred

May 21, 2011
So I messaged the seller (I already bought it) and he said because he was given the phone as part of a promo tmobile makes users wait 2 years until unlocking. The phone has 30 day free returns so I will definitely check the IMEI. That is very smart, thank you for the advice. I also bought a oneplus n10 5g, that phone checks nearly all the boxes but the lcd screen is what kills it for me. I was thinking of paying for an unlock service, but I don't know of any legit ones and it's very expensive.

This is from my experience buying Tmo phone not through Tmo directly and dealing with Tmo for unlocking.
Since the seller got the phone through promo that means it is under 24 months credit plan.
If the seller disconnect the line before 24 months , your phone will be blacklisted.
The phone IMEI will be tied to the seller account for the next 24 months and only the seller (original owner) can request unlocking.
Anyway I always ask for the IMEI first and check through Tmo before I buy Tmo phone off market,.

Unfortunately Oneplus independent unlocking is expensive since it is not code based but its server based.
When you pay unlock service use credit card, if it doesnt work and the seller refuse to give you refund ,
you can always dispute it to get your money back.

sixisixsix

Dec 30, 2019
This is from my experience buying Tmo phone not through Tmo directly and dealing with Tmo for unlocking.
Since the seller got the phone through promo that means it is under 24 months credit plan.
If the seller disconnect the line before 24 months , your phone will be blacklisted.
The phone IMEI will be tied to the seller account for the next 24 months and only the seller (original owner) can request unlocking.
Anyway I always ask for the IMEI first and check through Tmo before I buy Tmo phone off market,.

Unfortunately Oneplus independent unlocking is expensive since it is not code based but its server based.
When you pay unlock service use credit card, if it doesnt work and the seller refuse to give you refund ,
you can always dispute it to get your money back.
Thank you for the help! Can you link me to said unlocking services? I'm thinking of just passing the cost off onto the seller and if they don't like that then I will just return it.

hoodred

May 21, 2011
If I get my phone sim unlock through a third party will that make it to where I can unlock the bootloader. I tried calling T-Mobile and cannot get them to do it they said I have to wait a 180 days
As long as your sim is unlock (doesnt matter how you unlock it) you can request unlock bootloader token.

BTW try to call again the next day or try different reps. I spoke to Philippine tforce in the evening and she unlocked all my 3 8t phones which I received less than 5 days.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm working on the requests I've gotten now just having some technical problems with the new mobile app. Sorry for the delay guys, things have been insane with the holidays.
    Can you guys resend your requests? I know I have a few I was able to find but with this new app update I seem to have lost some and was unable to login for a while.

Edit: yeah, most of my conversations I had to leave because I don't know who I've already helped and who I haven't. Sorry for the inconvenience, I'm on mobile.
    If I haven't replied to your message yet it means it got lost in the abyss that is my inbox right now. I will need you to message me again with your info, or check to see if I unlocked it already and was unable to message you back on this new XDA app.
    If anyone needs their phone unlocked for T-Mobile let me know and I may be able to help, given you've had the phone on the network for at least 3 days.
    My inbox shows no unread messages. This new app is a hoot. If you haven't got a response, try to unlock your phone I may have backed out by accident because I can't reply between messages for a certain time frame. If it gives you an error code, get back to me so I can help you out.