• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

T-Mobile bootloader unlock.

Search This thread
I just called TMobile via 611 and after a short discussion the rep swiftly unlocked my phone.

I explained that a temp unlock would be be adequate as I am a developer who frequently travels internationally, and was put a short hold. He came back in a few minutes and told me it was unlocked! The whole process took 10 minutes tops. Now I must wait the 7day period for my unlock.bin generation <3

NEVER has it been this easy for me :p

My OP7P unlock took me jumping through hoop and hoop, and lasted 4 days -__-

I hope everyone else has the same luck.

God speed

Attachments

• 2021-02-12 18_12_56-unlock token - OnePlus (United States) - Chromium.png
    2021-02-12 18_12_56-unlock token - OnePlus (United States) - Chromium.png
    11.6 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Reactions: Lz3807775t

954wrecker

Jul 9, 2012
Sorry to ask but I'm having a hard time figuring out how to search the thread. Is it possible to unlock a metro pcs oneplus N10 5g? I can't switch over to metro if I can't unlock my phones bootloader. No good info in the N10 forums unfortunately. Thanks for any help in advance.

tecknight

Recognized Contributor
Jun 12, 2010
Las Vegas
Hi everyone.
I just picked up a T-Mobile OnePlus 8T + 5G through ebay.
I have since activated it on my Metro-by-TMobile SIM and it's working perfectly.
My question is:
How would I go about getting my bootloader unlocked ?

ink718

Jan 30, 2008
NYC
T-Mobile OnePlus 8T + 5G I have since activated it on my Metro-by-TMobile SIM and it's working perfectly.
How would I go about getting my bootloader unlocked ?

If you dial '611' & tell them that your a developer & that you need the bootloader unlocked they should be able to help you. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

tecknight

Recognized Contributor
Jun 12, 2010
Las Vegas
If you dial '611' & tell them that your a developer & that you need the bootloader unlocked they should be able to help you. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Thanks my friend.
So they won't ask me any questions about the T-Mobile account that the phone was supposed to be on ?

tecknight

Recognized Contributor
Jun 12, 2010
Las Vegas
If anyone needs to SIM UNLOCK & OEM UNLOCK the bootoader: goto Settings> WiFi&Network> SIM&Network> Network Unlock. If anyone can help on how to get the token unlock code, it would help some. For PUK and other unlocks https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/android/oneplus-8 and then scroll down to Security. There you have option to unlock several things.

Note that a full unlock using the settings as mentioned above requires your phone be free from any contractual obligations.

Ryano89

May 6, 2011
Indiana
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8T
I'm trying to catch up on the whole thread. I've got a temporary sim unlock for my T-Mobile 8t(couldn't get permanent), will I still be able to unlock bootloader as long as I get a code before it expires? The last time I did this with my 6t I didn't need to do all of this. I was just able to use MSM to convert to international and then bootloader unlock with having to deal with tmobile ugh

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm working on the requests I've gotten now just having some technical problems with the new mobile app. Sorry for the delay guys, things have been insane with the holidays.
    Can you guys resend your requests? I know I have a few I was able to find but with this new app update I seem to have lost some and was unable to login for a while.

Edit: yeah, most of my conversations I had to leave because I don't know who I've already helped and who I haven't. Sorry for the inconvenience, I'm on mobile.
    If I haven't replied to your message yet it means it got lost in the abyss that is my inbox right now. I will need you to message me again with your info, or check to see if I unlocked it already and was unable to message you back on this new XDA app.
    If anyone needs their phone unlocked for T-Mobile let me know and I may be able to help, given you've had the phone on the network for at least 3 days.
    My inbox shows no unread messages. This new app is a hoot. If you haven't got a response, try to unlock your phone I may have backed out by accident because I can't reply between messages for a certain time frame. If it gives you an error code, get back to me so I can help you out.