• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

T-Mobile bootloader unlock.

Search This thread

ink718

Jan 30, 2008
NYC
I keep trying this and they keep shooting me down..my bad luck strikes again I guess 😂
unlock token - OnePlus (United States) <--try that. Also go into Settings>Wifi&Network>SIM&Netowrk>Network Unock. Not sure if u have these settings in your 6t. But if u do, this is the first step to unlocking bootloader & get root. If you've had that phone for like a month or so, u should be good to unlock it.

Reactions: Ryano89

Dr. Mario

Jun 8, 2019
Helena
Google Pixel
OnePlus 6T
Yep, T-Mobile OnePlus 6T basically unlocks the same way (except I unlocked SIM easily after converting it to international model - ain't looking back.)

I got my 8T unlocked immediately after having owned it past 40 days, less than 5 minutes via Twitter.

..Cory..

Apr 26, 2012
Florida
I'mm SIM unlocked, I haven't unlocked the bootloader yet though. I just wish that the method to convert to the international ROM was as easy as it was on my 6t. I'll probably screw it up if I decide to try lol
Hey, I remember seeing you in the 6t forums lol I'm stuck with sim lock and boot lock sadly. But I read on these 8t forums a bit and I read a lot about 5G issues on the international ROM so I've been content with staying unrooted for now. I do miss having the freedom of root though..

Reactions: Ryano89

Joutcast78

Oct 26, 2020
Just so everyone with a T-Mo variant is aware. Calling T-Force does still work. Tell them that you are a developer for work and need access to the bootloader unlock which is tied to the device unlock. As long as you are s good standing customer and the rep feels they can trust you, you're golden. Took me about 5 minutes
I told them oneplus needed them to unlock it to downgrade the OS from 11 to 10 due to battery drain. On oneplus 8

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210329-164331.jpg
    Screenshot_20210329-164331.jpg
    638 KB · Views: 77

Benzter

Jul 24, 2017
Just so everyone with a T-Mo variant is aware. Calling T-Force does still work. Tell them that you are a developer for work and need access to the bootloader unlock which is tied to the device unlock. As long as you are s good standing customer and the rep feels they can trust you, you're golden. Took me about 5 minutes
Yeah known this for a while after getting into it with a rep from T mobile about forced updates. She was telling me they don't force any kind of updates and was mad because I busted her out on her lie. She was a Tech manager there. I told her I managed to stop her updates and she was begging me to tell her how. She even told me she was going to call Samsung. This is features that should be out of the box. Its your phone and Samsung own the software not T-Mobile. Yeah she didn't like that. Some companies hire stupid people.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm working on the requests I've gotten now just having some technical problems with the new mobile app. Sorry for the delay guys, things have been insane with the holidays.
    Can you guys resend your requests? I know I have a few I was able to find but with this new app update I seem to have lost some and was unable to login for a while.

Edit: yeah, most of my conversations I had to leave because I don't know who I've already helped and who I haven't. Sorry for the inconvenience, I'm on mobile.
    If I haven't replied to your message yet it means it got lost in the abyss that is my inbox right now. I will need you to message me again with your info, or check to see if I unlocked it already and was unable to message you back on this new XDA app.
    If anyone needs their phone unlocked for T-Mobile let me know and I may be able to help, given you've had the phone on the network for at least 3 days.
    My inbox shows no unread messages. This new app is a hoot. If you haven't got a response, try to unlock your phone I may have backed out by accident because I can't reply between messages for a certain time frame. If it gives you an error code, get back to me so I can help you out.