Question T-Mobile DE2118 TWRP ?

Search This thread

katooom

May 2, 2018
Ciao tutti!

I have a T-Mobile DE2118 with Android 12 DE2118_11_C.16, SIM and bootloader unlocked. The goal is to get TWRP installed and to root the device. When I try to fastboot from Linux using either of the TWRP images from EnumC (twrp-3.5.2-11-holi.img and twrp-3.5.2-11-2-dre8t.img) I get this:

Code:
fastboot boot twrp-3.5.2-11-2-dre8t.img
downloading 'boot.img'...
OKAY [  2.752s]
booting...
FAILED (remote: unknown command)
finished. total time: 2.752s

Is this expected because I have done something wrong? There are some additional steps for the DE2118? A different TWRP? Perhaps there is a special Windows fastboot as I have seen references to fastboot enhanced? I see detailed references for how to do things for the DE2117 but I believe I am missing something with this DE2118.

Thanks for some clues or help!

scanman0

Feb 2, 2015
A working TWRP has not been ported to this device.
You can convert your device to STOCK OEM and root with my guides and this will also bring you up to C_17.

Reactions: katooom

katooom

May 2, 2018
Thanks! In fact, yesterday I used your "Full Convert Tmobile...dummies" to prepare an old Windows-7 partition to do this but I have been working up the courage to make the attempt. It is reassuring to hear that I am on the right track.

scanman0

Feb 2, 2015
Thanks! In fact, yesterday I used your "Full Convert Tmobile...dummies" to prepare an old Windows-7 partition to do this but I have been working up the courage to make the attempt. It is reassuring to hear that I am on the right track.
Make sure you install .net v4.5 on there before you install Fastboot Enhance

MiniNinja2024

Jul 8, 2022
St. Petersburg FL
Ciao tutti!

I have a T-Mobile DE2118 with Android 12 DE2118_11_C.16, SIM and bootloader unlocked. The goal is to get TWRP installed and to root the device. When I try to fastboot from Linux using either of the TWRP images from EnumC (twrp-3.5.2-11-holi.img and twrp-3.5.2-11-2-dre8t.img) I get this:

Code:
OKAY [  2.752s]
booting...

Is this expected because I have done something wrong? There are some additional steps for the DE2118? A different TWRP? Perhaps there is a special Windows fastboot as I have seen references to fastboot enhanced? I see detailed references for how to do things for the DE2117 but I believe I am missing something with this DE2118.

Thanks for some clues or help
here is a working .IMG file for the Nord N200 DE2118. for some reason it won't let me upload it

The problem is that's for Android 11, your running android 12. Best case scenario you brick your device
I know this from personal experience lol

Ciao tutti!

Code:
OKAY [  2.752s]
booting...

Thanks for some clues or help!
If your trying to root, use magisk.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A working TWRP has not been ported to this device.
    You can convert your device to STOCK OEM and root with my guides and this will also bring you up to C_17.