Question T-Mobile device converted to Indian, can't take full updates

Search This thread

razercortex

Apr 8, 2018
Hi all,

I have an issue with my device and ended up using SMT Download with a modified MSM I made to restore T-Mobile firmware back. I did lose my Widevine and data but was quickly able to fix it by flashing back param and modemst1/2 and relocking my bootloader.

I'm currently having an issue where I can't take full updates, i.e. from Android 11 to Android 12, but I can take minor ones, i.e. 11.2.4.4 to 11.2.10.10. Does anyone with a bricked T-Mobile OnePlus 9 Pro have a similar issue? Also, if anyone knows how to convert the Indian target back to T-Mobile, please share! I know it's been posted somewhere that it's impossible, but if the Indian MSM can write to the target in the first place, there definitely is a way.

To my fellow T-Mobile OnePlus 9 Pro users who ended up having to use the Indian MSM to unbrick and the rest of XDA, I would appreciate your thoughts on this.

Thank you

gillim74

Jul 28, 2012
Celina ohio
Hi all,

I have an issue with my device and ended up using SMT Download with a modified MSM I made to restore T-Mobile firmware back. I did lose my Widevine and data but was quickly able to fix it by flashing back param and modemst1/2 and relocking my bootloader.

I'm currently having an issue where I can't take full updates, i.e. from Android 11 to Android 12, but I can take minor ones, i.e. 11.2.4.4 to 11.2.10.10. Does anyone with a bricked T-Mobile OnePlus 9 Pro have a similar issue? Also, if anyone knows how to convert the Indian target back to T-Mobile, please share! I know it's been posted somewhere that it's impossible, but if the Indian MSM can write to the target in the first place, there definitely is a way.

To my fellow T-Mobile OnePlus 9 Pro users who ended up having to use the Indian MSM to unbrick and the rest of XDA, I would appreciate your thoughts on this.

Thank you
I believe you have to have 11.2.10.10 to update to a12

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
I made this guide the 9 but it's the same idea with the 9 Pro. Since you're already on OOS11, skip the part about the MSM and just download the global 9 Pro OOS11 downgrade package and follow the instructions for flashing with Fastboot Enhance.

Reactions: razercortex

razercortex

Apr 8, 2018
Awesome!

One more thing, I tried to restore my persist.img from my backup, but I can't enroll my fingerprints anymore, it shows a fingerprint calibration error, any ideas on how to fix?

Top Liked Posts