Try a different rep and say you will have to switch providers if they can't do it.
They don't want to lose your business!
REMEMBER THO my account has over 5 lines and 5 plus years of being with T-Mobile and about 7 phones fully paid off. Not my OnePlus 8 but they did it for me.
Or you can tell them that you need to unlock it for work because you're a developer and need the network unlock to unlock the bootloader. Tell them it's the ONLY reason you got the OnePlus 8 due to being able to unlock the bootloader on OnePlus phones.
Ask for supervisor if unsuccessful after that, and repeat.
Depending on your account status it shouldn't be an issue.
If she calls and asks for this to be done as a courtesy. They will be happy to do it. If they don't, means you got a bad rep.
I am doing free SIM unlocking on the T-Mobile OnePlus 8. This allows your device to be network unlocked once you choose "Permanent Unlock" on the T-Mobile Device Unlock app or in Settings > WiFi & Internet > SIM & Network > Network Unlock.
ATTN: IF YOU DO NOT MEET THE BELOW REQUIREMENTS OR READ THIS ENTIRE THREAD, DO NOT PM ME AND WAIST OUR TIME, YOU WILL BE IGNORED!
** YES, I CAN UNLOCK YOUR 7 PRO/7T/7T PRO MCLAREN 5G **
Current turnaround time: ~1-3 days depending on how busy I am.
If you meet the above requirements, PM the last name of the account holder and your phone number associated with said OnePlus 8.
- Unlocking for T-Mobile OnePlus 8 variant only.
- Not eligible for MetroPCS users.
- Device must be on the network for AT LEAST 3 full calendar days.
- Cannot be on the OnePlus 8 international firmware.
- Can be bought 3rd party but must be the T-Mobile variant and using the T-Mobile network.
I cannot unlock with just an IMEI number or prepaid phones.
- Please keep in mind I get a lot of PM's regarding this so you will get a reply when yours has been completed. Do not send multiple requests.
- If you make any SIM card changes, you will have to wait at least 24 hours for me to be able to unlock your device.
- Your device does NOT have to be paid off.
- There is no 100% guarantee this will work. There could be a possibility of an unlock ineligibility.
- The device MUST be one purchased from T-Mobile or a 3rd party but the T-Mobile variant, NOT OnePlus themselves or a different carrier.
ERROR CODE = 255? See below..
- Clear your network settings. Settings > System > Reset Options > Reset WiFi, Mobile, & Bluetooth.
- Power cycle your device (turn it off and on).
- Still doesn't work? PM me your phone number.
- I may request you to simply direct message TMobileHelp on Twitter to whitelist your IMEI.
Plenty of vouches here from my OP7T unlocking:
Plenty of vouches here from my OP7 Pro unlocking:
Feel free to donate below!
CashApp: Given in PM by request.
Did they offer you a temp unlock? Or permanent unlockSo.... I messaged them last night via IM on the TMO app and literally said unlock my SIM or I'm paying the phone off and cancelling everything. ....... And it worked. 10 minutes later she responded and said no problemo. Didn't expect that. So my advice, just try and ask them..... Forcefully. Lol.
Did they offer you a temp unlock? Or permanent unlock
I am trying right now and they only offered my a temp unlock for 30 days
I am on chat with a rep and they are absolutely refusing to unlock it permanently because it is still being financed. But u see other people on here getting permanent sim unlocks
Temp sim unlock will not work but I did find this out.
device unlock override that requires the phone to be in use for 40 and 2 EIP payments be made.
There is a work around to get a permanent sim unlock even when you have financing still.
Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
@An7roid1pro Hello, I've removed your personal information from your post in order to protect your privacy and to prevent misuse. Gratefully, the moderators' team became aware thanks to a report of an attentive member.
I suggest to always carefully consider what type of information you publicly share on the internet including XDA. However, it's your sole decision and if you indeed wanted to provide these information publicly please feel free to revert my changes. Please be also aware that the OP requested this private information to be only provided to him by private message.
Stay safe and stay healthy!