[T-Mobile] Free SIM Unlocking Service - [OnePlus/Samsung/Google]

Artic1

Dec 24, 2019
Just a word of advice for others who are in the same situation that I was in. Recently, I've purchased a used OnePlus 7T that had a clean ESN. Since I bought the phone from a reseller, I could not get the phone unlocked because I could not confirm the original owner’s account details. After multiple hours wasted on the phone with T-Mobile’s representatives, I filed an FCC complaint against them. I cited the postpaid section of the CTIA agreement, and explained the situation that I was in. A couple of days later, T-Mobile unlocked my phone. It is unlawful for a carrier to refuse an unlock request once a device has been fully paid off regardless If you are a non-customer, as per the CTIA agreement of which T-Mobile partakes in. If you are stuck with a device that you cannot use, then file an FCC complaint and you have a good chance of getting it unlocked.

Reactions: mobbdeep

captain_smackaskank

Sep 18, 2013
NOLA
Didn't want to pm seeming as if being rude so I figured I'd ask here. All requirements are met except I'm on a mint mobile unlimited plan, the network identifier at top of screen shows as tmobile. Can it work with my circumstance or no?