T-Mobile giving away free home signal boosters

Search This thread

dhruv8890

Mar 31, 2011
This might be an obvious answer, but how do I go about getting one of these? Just go to tmo store and say "Hey I want a signal booster"?

Dhruv

dajogejr

Apr 20, 2011
I just emailed my TMo rep on my corporate account. I have a couple users in our office with poor signal...

We'll see what they say.

BigHunkoMan

Jul 13, 2011
Tmo told me this is only available for single family homes. In other words NO apartments. FCC regulations and all... Bla bla bla. I'll have to stick with WiFi calling

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA

travelerdawg

Jan 10, 2012
TMOnews

http:// www. tmonews.com/2011/08/t-mobile-to-launch-signal-booster-program-on-september-7th/

Just thought I would share that considering there is a LOT of random posts on here about this.

craven667

May 11, 2011
I tryed giving it back they said I own it and changed my contracts so I dropped them

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using xda premium

amelnik

Oct 3, 2011
I just emailed my TMo rep on my corporate account. I have a couple users in our office with poor signal...

We'll see what they say.

I actually went through the whole thing of getting one for my corporate account and after talking to 6 different people and finally getting the one who's system actually allowed him to put the order through, he informed me that if there's no 3G or 4G signal in the area, the booster will not work.
This kind of sucks because I was hoping to use it at my weekend place, where at best I get one bar of 2G signal and according to the tech, T-Mobile has no plans to upgrade their towers in that area for anything faster... :(

knotrkr

May 16, 2009
Pittsburgh
I've had my about a year now and it makes all the difference in the world. I love it. My booster contract will be up before my phone one now so that's no big deal for me.

realsis

Sep 30, 2011
california
Yes I really love mine too .it makes a huge difference for me! The other day my signal was dropping and really bad and I looked at my box and it got in plugged. I noticed the difference right away! It helps me out a lot

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using xda premium

taffypride

Dec 1, 2010
Wells
Vodafone UK offer a similar device called Vodafone Sure Signal and that boosted my signal from 'Edge' to 'HSDPA'.

The Vodafone box plugs into the router (with a minimum of a 1Mb connection) and uses the internet to boost your signal.

I got mine free as my Sensation was gained on a £40/month Business contract

Tangent_

Apr 20, 2010
I got mine and it isn't doing squat for me. The reps at the TMobile store said as long as you have 1 bar of signal that it'll work. What they failed to mention is you need to have 1 bar of 3G or 4G signal for it to work... If like me all you can get is a bar or two of 2G, it won't help.

ziddey

Aug 26, 2007
I got mine and it isn't doing squat for me. The reps at the TMobile store said as long as you have 1 bar of signal that it'll work. What they failed to mention is you need to have 1 bar of 3G or 4G signal for it to work... If like me all you can get is a bar or two of 2G, it won't help.

:confused: thought that was assumed, sorry

MV10

Jul 16, 2010
FL

Same here... they asked if I have one bar, I said yes. They never specified 3G/4G...

(I do occasionally get one or two bars of 3G at my house, but never steadily and never for more than a few minutes...)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm still boggled that it was FREE! If your already in contract what the heck? It helps and its free? Finally I have a decent home signal.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda premium
    I finally got them to send me one cause I get virtually no signal in my house. It was totally free of charge and no contract extention. They have certain terms that apply. For instance you can't live in an apartment. Now I basically live in a duplex but its technically a one family dwelling according to my local county auditors office so after talking to 3 representatives I was finally able to get the MFs to send me one (expedited shipping). They were telling me something about 911 and them not knowing which place to go to. Now honestly I could see how that would be a problem but me and my neighbors all have the same door to go into. Difference is that you go upstairs to my place and straight into my neighbor's when you go in the front door. Plus my 911 info says upstairs on it anyways. So I will finally be able to use my phone in my own home. I am very excited. You gotta tell them you got a text message about it and make sure if you live in an apartment that it is technically a "one family dwelling". I was lucky.

By the way, not everybody lives in NYC, close together where everyone can get access to free wifi signals in the comfort of their own homes. I did have internet at home with a wifi router but I did not want to pay for 50 a month for home internet and 20 a month for mobile internet too. So how is it "pretty useless" if you don't have wifi and or your phone don't support uma? It is a signal booster. It boosts your signal inside your home when you would otherwise have no signal. Not everyone lives in Perfectnothingevergoeswrongland.

WOW.... How someone can say so much and so little at the same time???? LOL
    Can you just get to the point without telling yer life story?
    Is it worth or not? Is there catch 22 where they grab you for another 2 years?
    Does it work?
    The amplifier box sends to stronger signal to the device even if its a weak signal to begin with from the window box. Understand now? As you can see from the window box my signal is weak only two bars from their it gets amplified in the router box to 5 bars. And then sent to the device. But if I'm outside I'm AWAY from the router box so naturally my signal is crap again . Hope you understand now. I'm not claiming its wonderful, it would be great if it worked outside too but for someone who barely had a signal inside my house its pretty nice to now have 5 bars. Personally I think if tmo continues to give out crappy spotty signal EVERYONE should automatically get this device in there package! Its not right to pay for coverage and get bareley one bar. They either need to fix it or give these to everyone. Its a huge problem for people in my area on tmo

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda premium
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone