Question T Mobile Network Lock

Search This thread

Nyshadow

Jun 14, 2012
Matthews
Wondering if anyone else has went through this. Pre Ordered my S22 Ultra directly from Samsung and paid for it in full. I was a T Mobile customer at the time. AT&T gave me a better deal so i decided to Switch. The At&T rep submitted a request to port my phone number over to At&t which killed my T Mobile account instantly. I Put the AT&T sim in my phone and received an error, Not allowed to use this sim, go to settings and "Network Unlock this phone. When i try and go to the settings to unlock the phone i get another error. "Couldn't Unlock Your Phone, Your Phone isn't eligible to be Unlocked, Reason Code: 116. I called T Mobile and in their system my phone shouldn't be locked since i purchased it from Samsung and paid for it in full. I've been getting the run around for the past few days, is there any way to Network unlock this phone my self??

Nyshadow

Jun 14, 2012
Matthews
Sooo, to get this resolved, i had to do a 3 way call with T Mobile, Samsung and At&T. Finally got it unlocked. It was kinda of funny, T Mobile kept blaming Samsung and Samsung was blaming t mobile.

_darksauce

Jan 23, 2023
Sooo, to get this resolved, i had to do a 3 way call with T Mobile, Samsung and At&T. Finally got it unlocked. It was kinda of funny, T Mobile kept blaming Samsung and Samsung was blaming t mobile.
please sir, I must know who ended up unlocking the phone. i am going through the exact same thing, literally. i have spoke with both tmobile and samsung on 3way and still have yet to resolve.

Reactions: mikeereece

Nyshadow

Jun 14, 2012
Matthews
Oh man, I'm not on here much. So, i believe AT&T was able to unlock it once it was in their system. My thoughts are, once my t mobile account was killed while the phone was network locked that was what caused the issue. If i had network unlocked it before my T mobile account was killed i think everything would have been fine. My thoughts anyway.

u2nyr

Jul 29, 2011
Wondering if anyone else has went through this. Pre Ordered my S22 Ultra directly from Samsung and paid for it in full. I was a T Mobile customer at the time. AT&T gave me a better deal so i decided to Switch. The At&T rep submitted a request to port my phone number over to At&t which killed my T Mobile account instantly. I Put the AT&T sim in my phone and received an error, Not allowed to use this sim, go to settings and "Network Unlock this phone. When i try and go to the settings to unlock the phone i get another error. "Couldn't Unlock Your Phone, Your Phone isn't eligible to be Unlocked, Reason Code: 116. I called T Mobile and in their system my phone shouldn't be locked since i purchased it from Samsung and paid for it in full. I've been getting the run around for the past few days, is there any way to Network unlock this phone my self??
How'd the end up unlocking?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    so how did they end up unlocking it?
    You need to speak with T-Mobile T-Force via Twitter. Error 116 indicates it's locked to T-Mobile.
    please sir, I must know who ended up unlocking the phone. i am going through the exact same thing, literally. i have spoke with both tmobile and samsung on 3way and still have yet to resolve.
    Sim Locking is still a thing in US? It's illegal in EU AFAIK..