T-Mobile Oneplus 7 Pro Android 11 Update

Search This thread

DylanTheVillian

Nov 21, 2010
Conroe, TX
The T-Mobile website is showing the update is complete and it is going out to devices. Has anyone received the update?

Wondering if anyone has taken the update and been able to keep root and TWRP.

Edit: Just getting the update now. Will let you know how it goes.

Edit 2: I was not able to keep root and TRWP, the update installs after it restarts so flashing the TWRP retention script then Magisk into inactive slot just cause the update to fail. Will have to boot TWRP then install both liked normal I hope...

Last edited:
Reactions: _-..zKiLLA..-_

DylanTheVillian

Nov 21, 2010
Conroe, TX
Please update us. I just installed the global firmware a couple weeks ago on my t-mobile unit and haven't had great battery life so I might switch back but want to keep root
Battery life is great, not having the same issues I had with the beta/international firmware except I am still having issues with calls coming through the stereo speaker and not the phone ear speaker.

Also, I can't get TWRP to boot so I can't install TWRP and root with Magisk. I've tried the TWRP from the forum and the latest from the TWRP website.

Last edited:

_-..zKiLLA..-_

Feb 24, 2010
Phoenix
Battery life is great, not having the same issues I had with the beta/international firmware except I am still having issues with calls coming through the stereo speaker and not the phone ear speaker.

Also, I can't get TWRP to boot so I can't install TWRP and root with Magisk.

Does that mean we need the update file? I haven't come across much info on rooting our stock t-mobile roms nor have I seen them for download

teflon252

Sep 30, 2006
South Orange
OnePlus 7 Pro
I haven't seen the rom to download...but switching to inactive slot should work....for magisk...if not...search how to extract n patch boot.img with payload dumper and magisk....I did it super easy...however...while doing I decided to install magisk to inactive slot (Global) and install keep_data.apk n all went well ...so I didn't have to push the rooted boot.img externally 👌🏾

BigTStetson

Sep 9, 2017
OnePlus 7 Pro

Also, I can't get TWRP to boot so I can't install TWRP and root with Magisk. I've tried the TWRP from the forum and the latest from the TWRP website.

Same issue with the speaker here too.. this is on a virgin/untouched t-mobile 7pro

Reactions: Danton1316

tperki

• Feb 11, 2015
    Hartford CT
    OnePlus 7 Pro
    I'm on a stock phone with the calls only coming through speakerphone issue as well. Is there a known workaround?
    Saw this on the OnePlus forum. For those with the issue where the callers voice comes out the microphone instead of the earpiece, here is something to try: "Stop HearingAidService under Bluetooth running services in Developer options under system. I had the same issue. Hearing aid services are being turned on without Bluetooth being on." Someone on the forum tried it with success. I have gone back to 10 so I cannot test it.

Reactions: teflon252

teflon252

Sep 30, 2006
    South Orange
    OnePlus 7 Pro
    Saw this on the OnePlus forum. For those with the issue where the callers voice comes out the microphone instead of the earpiece, here is something to try: "Stop HearingAidService under Bluetooth running services in Developer options under system. I had the same issue. Hearing aid services are being turned on without Bluetooth being on." Someone on the forum tried it with success. I have gone back to 10 so I cannot test it.
    do you have to do this every boot or just once?...because i downgraded just like you to 10 because it was annoying and the worst is the lockscreen dpi change that made it hard to put my fingerprint or pattern...forcing me to reboot...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      The T-Mobile website is showing the update is complete and it is going out to devices. Has anyone received the update?

Wondering if anyone has taken the update and been able to keep root and TWRP.

Edit: Just getting the update now. Will let you know how it goes.

Edit 2: I was not able to keep root and TRWP, the update installs after it restarts so flashing the TWRP retention script then Magisk into inactive slot just cause the update to fail. Will have to boot TWRP then install both liked normal I hope...
      Does that mean we need the update file? I haven't come across much info on rooting our stock t-mobile roms nor have I seen them for download
      I will try some more versions of TWRP tonight hopefully. I had to stop and work. E should be able to use the normal process, just need a working TWRP.
      Twrp isn't supported for oos11 on 7 series yet

Same issue with the speaker here too.. this is on a virgin/untouched t-mobile 7pro
      I'm on a stock phone with the calls only coming through speakerphone issue as well. Is there a known workaround?
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone