T-Mobile OnePlus 7T Internat'l ROM Version Conversion – Guaranteed Method That Works If All Else Fails

Search This thread

urbanman2004

• Sep 16, 2013
    Rock Town
    If you purchased a OnePlus 7T which went on sale recently, but still aren't able to replace the T-Mobile firmware with the internat'l variant then you're in luck. I came across a few guides which were a smoking gun, but I was never fully able to get it to work successfully and "failed miserably". And a few posts I read helped spur some ideas and inspired me to think outside the box in order to come up with a much more predictable viable solution here. Throughout this guide, I have linked the page or post based on information I gathered to put this guide together in order to credit that person instead of having to name drop them individually. The instructions given were made with the expectation that you already have the bootloader unlocked and installed the necessary drivers with adb setup. I followed this guide here as point of reference which I think could be potentially bypassed by using this method instead to completely streamline the process. Best of all, I spent 15 hours yesterday trying to figure this out so hopefully you won't have to go through what I did. NOW LET'S BEGIN!!!

FLASH OPERATIONS
    I. Just to give a little background for those of you who followed the guide I referenced, whenever I attempted to flash the 10.0.13-GLOBAL fastboot rom it would display the error message "Flashing is not allowed for Critical Partitions" multiple times then auto reboot T-Mobile logo splash screen, indicating that the process failed.
    1. At this point, hold Vol Up + Power till the device shuts down and boot into fastboot.
    2. On the PC, download the All In One v2.0.1.3 tool.
    3. Download 10.0.3-HD65AA-OnePlus7TOxygen_14.I.05_OTA_005_all_1909252229_1be2cbaa2-FASTBOOT.zip or from here.
    4. Open All In One v2.0.1.3 –> Flash Factory Images –> Browse directory for the fastboot rom –> check off "Wipe all data" and "Reboot after flash" –> Flash Rom.
    5. During flash process, it will reboot once, NOT into fastboot, but stock recovery menu (FastbootD), and pick up where it left off and resume flashing the rest in which the process can be visible from the PC.
    6. After completion, the device will be updated to Stock OTA 10.0.3HD65AA rom image.
    II. Download and extract "10.0.13-GLOBAL-OnePlus7TOxygen_14.O.19_OTA_019_all_2009281709_1026-FASTBOOT.zip" into a folder called "adb" in the root of the C: drive.
    III. While the phone is turned on, we must boot into FastbootD. The fastbootD screen has the OnePlus logo centered at the top with 3 language choices. Run "cmd" as admin and type:
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot reboot fastboot
    IV. Enter this command to check what version of Fastboot you've booted into:
    Code:
    fastboot getvar is-userspace
    "Yes" means you're in FastbootD.
    V. To flash the "10.0.13-GLOBAL" fastboot rom, run the bat script by entering these commands:
    Code:
    cd C:/adb
    flash-all.bat
    1. During flash process, it will reboot once into FastbootD again (stock recovery menu) and pick up where it left off and resume flashing the rest in which the process can be visible from the PC.
    2. After completion, the device will be updated to Stock OTA 10.0.13HD65AA rom image.
    3. Take the opportunity to perform a system update to Oxygen OS 10.0.15.HD65AA.
    4. Enable developer mode: Go to Settings –> About phone (at bottom) –> tap Build number (towards right) until it says Developer Mode is enabled.
    5. Go to Developer Options –> Enable USB Debugging and "allow". Go to "Default USB configuration" and change it to "File Transfer".
    ROOT THE DEVICE
    VI. Download and copy magisk_patched 10.0.8 international (global) into the ADB folder. Rename it to "modded-boot.img". Flash the modded-boot.img file to achieve temporary root. While the phone is turned on, in cmd type:
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot boot modded-boot.img
    The device will reboot on its own once the process has completed.
    VII. Download Magisk Manager and copy it to the phone's internal storage and use the native "Files" app to install the apk.
    1. Launch Magisk Manager. Click "Cancel" on the "Requires Additional Setup" message.
    2. Update "Manager" if using an outdated apk. Update "Magisk" via Direct Install and Reboot.
    3. After the reboot, the device will retain root which can be verified using apps like Root Checker in the Play Store.
    Someone who hasn't already tried converting their stock T-Mobile firmware to the OnePlus Internat'l firmware variant and is interested enough to follow these steps, please update me with your results after going through the process to confirm it was successful, I would greatly appreciate it.

If you have any helpful suggestions that could offer more insight or if there seems to be any holes or missing explanations within my instructions missing feel free to comment.
    Kudos to @mauronofrio, without his tools none of this would be possible

Last edited:
    Reactions: CaptRicXT912

dimelus

Feb 25, 2012
    I'm trying all different guides to do this to my 7T.

After this step:
    1. Open All In One v2.0.1.3 –> Flash Factory Images –> Browse directory for the fastboot rom –> check off "Wipe all data" and "Reboot after flash" –> Flash Rom.
    2. During flash process, it will reboot once, NOT into fastboot, but stock recovery menu (FastbootD), and pick up where it left off and resume flashing the rest in which the process can be visible from the PC.
    3. After completion, the device will be updated to Stock OTA 10.0.3HD65AA rom image.
    The phone just botted on T-Mobile rom... what should I do?

draymond1987

Apr 21, 2014
    Philadelphia

After this step:
    1. Open All In One v2.0.1.3 –> Flash Factory Images –> Browse directory for the fastboot rom –> check off "Wipe all data" and "Reboot after flash" –> Flash Rom.
    2. During flash process, it will reboot once, NOT into fastboot, but stock recovery menu (FastbootD), and pick up where it left off and resume flashing the rest in which the process can be visible from the PC.
    3. After completion, the device will be updated to Stock OTA 10.0.3HD65AA rom image.
    Okay, so this was MY experience. I did the MSM tool thing then started flashing the Global ROM. My phone did the same thing, and I panicked BUT my phone eventually booted into T-mobile's software. All I did was mash all three buttons to get back to the bootloader and flashed the Global firmware and it worked.

dimelus

Feb 25, 2012
    Okay, so this was MY experience. I did the MSM tool thing then started flashing the Global ROM. My phone did the same thing, and I panicked BUT my phone eventually booted into T-mobile's software. All I did was mash all three buttons to get back to the bootloader and flashed the Global firmware and it worked.

But did you setup the phone, activated usb debug again? or you just power it off and go vol+/power to enter in recovery?

dimelus

Feb 25, 2012
    I immediately went back to the bootloader. I didn't set up the phone.
    Also, power down + vol down. You'll get into the Chinese recovery. Then select the options to get into fastboot :)

Did u have errors when flashing like:

FLASHING IS NOT ALLOWED FOR CRITICAL PARTITIONS?

I just did what you said, power vol down and went again into the fastboot.

But there are some errors happing atm

Attachments

• Screenshot_7.png
      Screenshot_7.png
      54.2 KB · Views: 32

draymond1987

Apr 21, 2014
    Philadelphia
    Did u have errors when flashing like:

FLASHING IS NOT ALLOWED FOR CRITICAL PARTITIONS?

I just did what you said, power vol down and went again into the fastboot.

But there are some errors happing atm
    What I would do, and it's silly but could work. Go back into fastboot and issue the "
    fastboot flashing unlock_critical" command, again. I know this happened to me too because I had these errors and I just tried, out of desperation. I dunno if it's because the phone is on the T-mobile software, that it freaks out like that, question mark?

urbanman2004

• Sep 16, 2013
    Rock Town

After this step:
    Did you not flash 10.0.3HD65AA rom image which is step "I."? If you go out of step and not follow the instructions as they're laid out then of course you're going to have problems.

CaptRicXT912

Aug 2, 2014
    If you purchased a OnePlus 7T which went on sale recently, but still aren't able to replace the T-Mobile firmware with the internat'l variant then you're in luck. I came across a few guides which were a smoking gun, but I was never fully able to get it to work successfully and "failed miserably". And a few posts I read helped spur some ideas and inspired me to think outside the box in order to come up with a much more predictable viable solution here. Throughout this guide, I have linked the page or post based on information I gathered to put this guide together in order to credit that person instead of having to name drop them individually. The instructions given were made with the expectation that you already have the bootloader unlocked and installed the necessary drivers with adb setup. I followed this guide here as point of reference which I think could be potentially bypassed by using this method instead to completely streamline the process. Best of all, I spent 15 hours yesterday trying to figure this out so hopefully you won't have to go through what I did. NOW LET'S BEGIN!!!

FLASH OPERATIONS
    I. Just to give a little background for those of you who followed the guide I referenced, whenever I attempted to flash the 10.0.13-GLOBAL fastboot rom it would display the error message "Flashing is not allowed for Critical Partitions" multiple times then auto reboot T-Mobile logo splash screen, indicating that the process failed.
    1. At this point, hold Vol Up + Power till the device shuts down and boot into fastboot.
    3. Download 10.0.3-HD65AA-OnePlus7TOxygen_14.I.05_OTA_005_all_1909252229_1be2cbaa2-FASTBOOT.zip or from here.
    4. Open All In One v2.0.1.3 –> Flash Factory Images –> Browse directory for the fastboot rom –> check off "Wipe all data" and "Reboot after flash" –> Flash Rom.
    5. During flash process, it will reboot once, NOT into fastboot, but stock recovery menu (FastbootD), and pick up where it left off and resume flashing the rest in which the process can be visible from the PC.
    6. After completion, the device will be updated to Stock OTA 10.0.3HD65AA rom image.
    II. Download and extract "10.0.13-GLOBAL-OnePlus7TOxygen_14.O.19_OTA_019_all_2009281709_1026-FASTBOOT.zip" into a folder called "adb" in the root of the C: drive.
    III. While the phone is turned on, we must boot into FastbootD. The fastbootD screen has the OnePlus logo centered at the top with 3 language choices. Run "cmd" as admin and type:
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot reboot fastboot
    Code:
    V. To flash the "10.0.13-GLOBAL" fastboot rom, run the bat script by entering these commands:
    Code:
    flash-all.bat
    1. During flash process, it will reboot once into FastbootD again (stock recovery menu) and pick up where it left off and resume flashing the rest in which the process can be visible from the PC.
    2. After completion, the device will be updated to Stock OTA 10.0.13HD65AA rom image.
    4. Enable developer mode: Go to Settings –> About phone (at bottom) –> tap Build number (towards right) until it says Developer Mode is enabled.
    5. Go to Developer Options –> Enable USB Debugging and "allow". Go to "Default USB configuration" and change it to "File Transfer".
    ROOT THE DEVICE
    VI. Download and copy magisk_patched 10.0.8 international (global) into the ADB folder. Rename it to "modded-boot.img". Flash the modded-boot.img file to achieve temporary root. While the phone is turned on, in cmd type:
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    VII. Download Magisk Manager and copy it to the phone's internal storage and use the native "Files" app to install the apk.
    1. Launch Magisk Manager. Click "Cancel" on the "Requires Additional Setup" message.
    2. Update "Manager" if using an outdated apk. Update "Magisk" via Direct Install and Reboot.
    3. After the reboot, the device will retain root which can be verified using apps like Root Checker in the Play Store.
    Someone who hasn't already tried converting their stock T-Mobile firmware to the OnePlus Internat'l firmware variant and is interested enough to follow these steps, please update me with your results after going through the process to confirm it was successful, I would greatly appreciate it.

If you have any helpful suggestions that could offer more insight or if there seems to be any holes or missing explanations within my instructions missing feel free to comment.
    Thanks for your guide lines.. I am a very newby yet 71 years old.. been messing with hardware and software since 1984, always learning. new to Flashing Rom's , I converted two 6T's and 3 7T from TMO to 1+, the third 7T gave me a fit, because I purchased from someone who didn't tell me that someone had tried to convert to dual sim and I had a hard time to solve the issue.. Two things,, for everyone trying to do this.. Branded to Global or Dual Sim, One You have to have the Correct Drivers for Windows for the ADB and Fastboot.. and it has to be setup correctly.. as for some drivers that are signature issue for windows, and you have exclamation mark because of signatures, as for Win10,
    restart your windows with Shift key held down and select restart, when it boots into blue screen select "troubleshoot"
    from that select " Startup blue secreen. " after that Select Item #7 which is to forces Windows to ignore Signature error reporting. select Start , then go on with your process for Brand to dual sim or Global, etc..
    THANK YOU for Your Information and Procedure Steps to Convert from Branded to Dual / Global, etc.. made it very less time consuming...Appreciate You and All those who have given Good Guidance - Thank You

Reactions: urbanman2004

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

FLASH OPERATIONS
      Code:
      adb reboot bootloader
      fastboot reboot fastboot
      Code:
      Code:
      flash-all.bat
      ROOT THE DEVICE
      Code:
      adb reboot bootloader

FLASH OPERATIONS
      Code:
      adb reboot bootloader
      fastboot reboot fastboot
      Code:
      Code:
      flash-all.bat
      ROOT THE DEVICE
      Code:
      adb reboot bootloader

Thanks for your guide lines.. I am a very newby yet 71 years old.. been messing with hardware and software since 1984, always learning. new to Flashing Rom's , I converted two 6T's and 3 7T from TMO to 1+, the third 7T gave me a fit, because I purchased from someone who didn't tell me that someone had tried to convert to dual sim and I had a hard time to solve the issue.. Two things,, for everyone trying to do this.. Branded to Global or Dual Sim, One You have to have the Correct Drivers for Windows for the ADB and Fastboot.. and it has to be setup correctly.. as for some drivers that are signature issue for windows, and you have exclamation mark because of signatures, as for Win10,
      restart your windows with Shift key held down and select restart, when it boots into blue screen select "troubleshoot"
      from that select " Startup blue secreen. " after that Select Item #7 which is to forces Windows to ignore Signature error reporting. select Start , then go on with your process for Brand to dual sim or Global, etc..
      THANK YOU for Your Information and Procedure Steps to Convert from Branded to Dual / Global, etc.. made it very less time consuming...Appreciate You and All those who have given Good Guidance - Thank You
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone