T-Mobile OnePlus 8 Conversion to Unlocked Firmware

Search This thread

Inversity

Jul 24, 2016
So I've successfully unlocked the bootloader of my T-Mobile OnePlus 8, and I was wondering if there was any way to convert it to the Global OxygenOS firmware? And if something goes wrong, is there any way to flash back to the T-Mobile firmware? I haven't been able to find any threads relating to this subject.

Some_Ghost

Nov 6, 2019
So I've successfully unlocked the bootloader of my T-Mobile OnePlus 8, and I was wondering if there was any way to convert it to the Global OxygenOS firmware? And if something goes wrong, is there any way to flash back to the T-Mobile firmware? I haven't been able to find any threads relating to this subject.

Well you can always use MSM tool to go back to stock, and as far as converting, you'll find out soon ??

levil401

May 29, 2014
So I've sent my imei number to someone from this site promising that they can install the OnePlus 8 international OXYGEN OS on my phone just from the imei number.. Just trying to figure out can this be done or have I been had... They claim it takes 30 mins but it's been over a day already and nothing...

H3R3SY

Aug 1, 2016
So I've sent my imei number to someone from this site promising that they can install the OnePlus 8 international OXYGEN OS on my phone just from the imei number.. Just trying to figure out can this be done or have I been had... They claim it takes 30 mins but it's been over a day already and nothing...

You've most likely been scammed. There is a thread over in the Guides section on how to convert the T-Mobile OP8 to the global firmware but it's still a work in progress. Right now it requires the bootloader to be unlocked and the use of the MSM tool to downgrade the stock firmware first. I don't believe there's a way to do that remotely just from the IMEI.

Please be careful sharing information about your device online, and check your sources ?

levil401

May 29, 2014
You've most likely been scammed. There is a thread over in the Guides section on how to convert the T-Mobile OP8 to the global firmware but it's still a work in progress. Right now it requires the bootloader to be unlocked and the use of the MSM tool to downgrade the stock firmware first. I don't believe there's a way to do that remotely just from the IMEI.

Please be careful sharing information about your device online, and check your sources ?
Wow thanks for the advice, I'll just take the 50 as a loss then

sameog

Apr 21, 2010
San Francisco

Uh oh. I hope that your IMEI number hasn't been compromised. IMEI numbers are in demand for blacklisted phones. how did you pay? Paypal?

Josh McGrath

Jan 16, 2013
OnePlus 9

Did you seriously, really, share your IMEI with someone you didn't know?

Better exchange your phone now cause I wouldn't even touch that thing after that.

Call TMobile and make up a story about it not turning on or something. Or kill it via root and say it won't boot up

Nathan.7118391

Jul 30, 2012
Arlington
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 9 Pro
I agree. You should send the phone back to tmo and request a new one. That way you don't have to worry about anything. That would be the best way and don't let anyone get that personal info from you again. I just rooted last week and coverted to global firmware this weekend. I've had the phone since may 2020. I read these threads over and over each day and didn't make a move until I was sure I had things down. Take your time and read, read, read. Happy modding!

Reactions: sameog
G

GuestD2677

Please message me the link to properly convert my T-Mobile OnePlus 8. I already have it sim unlocked though XDA over a month ago. Please include all the correct methods & do not put the things that brick the device, but more of what did successfully work. I've read tons of pages of the conversion & most of them have different things where some say don't do that or not necessary.

How to properly unlock bootloader & download correct MSM DOWNLOAD TOOL software.

Thank you.

Josh McGrath

Jan 16, 2013
OnePlus 9
Please message me the link to properly convert my T-Mobile OnePlus 8. I already have it sim unlocked though XDA over a month ago. Please include all the correct methods & do not put the things that brick the device, but more of what did successfully work. I've read tons of pages of the conversion & most of them have different things where some say don't do that or not necessary.

How to properly unlock bootloader & download correct MSM DOWNLOAD TOOL software.

Thank you.

Nobody is going to spoon feed you like that. Just go to the official thread and do it yourself. It's not that hard, but backup persist.img before you so anything

levil401

May 29, 2014
Uh oh. I hope that your IMEI number hasn't been compromised. IMEI numbers are in demand for blacklisted phones. how did you pay? Paypal?
Yes via PayPal

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

I agree. You should send the phone back to tmo and request a new one. That way you don't have to worry about anything. That would be the best way and don't let anyone get that personal info from you again. I just rooted last week and coverted to global firmware this weekend. I've had the phone since may 2020. I read these threads over and over each day and didn't make a move until I was sure I had things down. Take your time and read, read, read. Happy modding!
Where did you get your info to install the international stock? I've been all over xda and all they have on here is just installing the oxygen OS on the 7t and below.. Is the process the same? Can I use the drivers and msm tool for the OnePlus 7?

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

Better exchange your phone now cause I wouldn't even touch that thing after that.

Call TMobile and make up a story about it not turning on or something. Or kill it via root and say it won't boot up
Got a replacement on the way BUT it'll be locked, I'm still trying to install the international oxygen OS on it..

Nathan.7118391

Jul 30, 2012
Arlington
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 9 Pro
Yes via PayPal

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

Where did you get your info to install the international stock? I've been all over xda and all they have on here is just installing the oxygen OS on the 7t and below.. Is the process the same? Can I use the drivers and msm tool for the OnePlus 7?

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

Got a replacement on the way BUT it'll be locked, I'm still trying to install the international oxygen OS on it..
Look for the ROM for fastboot install in questions and answers. You have to read a few different threads to make sure you use the right thing. Once you use the MSM took it gives you more confidence since you can just revert back to 10.5.7 TMO anytime your want. Happy modding!

InsaneJester17

Feb 22, 2007
I'm waiting on my bootloader unlock code in order to do this on my T-mobile Oneplus 8. I've rooted phones in the past, but honestly it's been a few years. I have read a bunch of posts, but the info is pretty vague.
Is this still the correct way to go to international? https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-8/how-to/guide-convert-to-global-t4105885
If I root, will I lose anything? (Google Pay, bank apps, etc...)
Are there any lingering issues I should know about?
The MSM Tool allows an easy way to go back to stock?
Will it be safe to update to new firmware as they come out? Or is there a process for this?

Sorry for sounding like a new newb, just can't seem to find all these answers easily. I think the last phone I rooted was an LG G4 when it came out lol.

Nathan.7118391

Jul 30, 2012
Arlington
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 9 Pro
I'm waiting on my bootloader unlock code in order to do this on my T-mobile Oneplus 8. I've rooted phones in the past, but honestly it's been a few years. I have read a bunch of posts, but the info is pretty vague.
Is this still the correct way to go to international? https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-8/how-to/guide-convert-to-global-t4105885
Will it be safe to update to new firmware as they come out? Or is there a process for this?

Sorry for sounding like a new newb, just can't seem to find all these answers easily. I think the last phone I rooted was an LG G4 when it came out lol.

Yeah I was the same way so keys help you out here.
That's a good link to follow.
You may lost the ability to access banking apps if you root
MSM Tool if awesome and gets you back to 10.5.7.IN55CB stock everything.
I had no problems updating international 10.5.10 to 10.5.11. I'm TMO rooted running international version. Happy modding!

Reactions: InsaneJester17

Mashood577

Sep 24, 2021
I have two line unlock code but dont know how to flash token code and where to get " unlock_token.bin" please help me

hendavi

Jul 22, 2011
sites.google.com
I have two line unlock code but dont know how to flash token code and where to get " unlock_token.bin" please help me
This is the link to put all the info including the unlock code in order to get unlock token. Probably need to wait 2 weeks as I also just submitted 3 days ago .
If the page show unavailable , just change the location at the bottom to US.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

If you gave someone your IMEI number you have lost more than $50. You've probably lost your phone.

Yeah I was the same way so keys help you out here.
    That's a good link to follow.
    You may lost the ability to access banking apps if you root
    MSM Tool if awesome and gets you back to 10.5.7.IN55CB stock everything.
    I had no problems updating international 10.5.10 to 10.5.11. I'm TMO rooted running international version. Happy modding!