T-mobile op8 sim unlock

Search This thread

zagnut12345

Sep 14, 2020
So I'll preface this post by saying I can see there is an older thread that's related but has been locked so that's why I'm creating this one. I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction of getting my op8 unlocked. It was purchased through t-mobile and is still being paid off. From what I can tell is it should be possible to get it unlocked I just don't know where to turn too. I've thought about calling t-mobile but from what I can tell is they typically offer temporary unlock codes and I'm not sure if that will suit me in my pursuit of rooting my phone. Anyways any help is much appreciated and thanks in advance.

So I'll preface this post by saying I can see there is an older thread that's related but has been locked so that's why I'm creating this one. I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction of getting my op8 unlocked. It was purchased through t-mobile and is still being paid off. From what I can tell is it should be possible to get it unlocked I just don't know where to turn too. I've thought about calling t-mobile but from what I can tell is they typically offer temporary unlock codes and I'm not sure if that will suit me in my pursuit of rooting my phone. Anyways any help is much appreciated and thanks in advance.

You will need to pay your device off to get it unlocked.

N173M43R

Dec 30, 2016
Are you 100% certain of this? In old thread that's since been closed a user offered unlock services to people and they stated your phone could be unlocked even if it wasn't paid off.

You do not have to have it paid off. The usually want you to wait about 2 months and two payments and will issue a permanent unlock.

They have the ability to press a button and unlock, they may just not do it.

Source, am tmobile employee.

squirrell84

Apr 3, 2012
I have a 40 day old oneplus 8 from sprint they sim unlocked mine since the update made calls drop and oneplus you need a tool to unlock it and if you tell them bootloader needs to be unlocked they will do it for you

squirrell84

Apr 3, 2012
Call sprint customer service tell them you talked to oneplus and in order to get your phone working you need to downgrade software and the only way to do that is to unlock bootloader and only way to do that is a sim unlock if they won't do it request to speak with tier 2 in oklahoma they will call you m-f and as soon as you say that they process sim unlock

crazynapkinman

Jun 16, 2014
OnePlus 8
I just hit the TMobile permanent unlock to see if it would work and it did!

Permanent unlock allows toggling of OEM Unlock in developer options.

I am a Sprint-turned-Tmo OP8 user.

crazynapkinman

Jun 16, 2014
OnePlus 8
Does this mean I'm simply waiting for them to send email with bin file?

Anyone here already unlock via OP site?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201007-081012.jpg
    Screenshot_20201007-081012.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 214