T-Mobile Revvl (Alcatel 5049w)

Search This thread

fddm

Feb 24, 2011
Are you absolutely positively sure it's called "factfact"? I bet if someone issued the command "adb reboot factfact" it would take them to the menu to do the unlock
That was to boot fastboot on the Fire 7, I changed it to "FASTBOOT" for my more standard device. But again, "adb reboot bootloader" will get you into fastboot mode.

I suspect previous attempts to oem unlock were done in Windows which does not work in my experience(looks like the command is unsupported iirc). No idea why.

Reactions: MNK17

MNK17

Feb 3, 2019
You guys should be able to root with mtk-su
https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/amazing-temp-root-mediatek-armv8-t3922213/amp/

I'd recommend MediaTek Easy Root as a solution, gives you system root managed by Magisk Manager
https://github.com/JunioJsv/mediatek-easy-root

Remember to never modify the system partition or you will almost certainly brick. You have verity and can't disable it with a locked bootloader. For recovery, I think we'd need to generate a scatter file (MTK Droid Tools or other means) to use with SP Flash Tool.

Very surprised you guys haven't been able to unlock your bootloader though. I have the sister phone from Cricket, PulseMix 5085C, and had no issue unlocking in Linux. I had tried and failed in Windows which lead me to believe the command was just disabled in fastboot for the longest time.

Thanks lots for the link! It went ahead and did it for me. Finally able to stop with the fourm searching everynow and then on breakthroughs on the revvl.

Morky001

Feb 25, 2020
WA
How to root Alcatel (T-Mobile) RVVL Plus (with Nougat 7.1.1)??

Same problem here! Bought it when first came out (Dec 2018), now there's RVVL Plus II but same specs, I supposed.
Anyway, I tried and tried to root this phone for the last 2 wks, tried everything recommended on YouTube. Not a techie like you guys, but willing to learn. Seems no luck! Downloaded all kinds of "apk" and "zip" they recommended and promised to work on Nougat 7.1.1.... but they didn't work. Could someone pls tell me how to root this phone?? Getting desperate here. Thx in adv.
:confused::confused::crying::crying:

Phone came out around 2 months ago, same phone and same problem. Sorry to inform Root/TWRP won't be available for a while on the phone since it's so new no developer has gotten their hands on it to start developing for it. I predict it'll be faster than most new phones because it's exclusive to T-Mobile. It would take much longer if the phone had different variants because of the different carriers, but that's not the case with the revvl so what's left to do is to wait and hope ::fingers-crossed:

Kreaz01

Aug 2, 2019
https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/amazing-temp-root-mediatek-armv8-t3922213/amp/

I'd recommend MediaTek Easy Root as a solution, gives you system root managed by Magisk Manager

Remember to never modify the system partition or you will almost certainly brick. You have verity and can't disable it with a locked bootloader. For recovery, I think we'd need to generate a scatter file (MTK Droid Tools or other means) to use with SP Flash Tool.

Very surprised you guys haven't been able to unlock your bootloader though. I have the sister phone from Cricket, PulseMix 5085C, and had no issue unlocking in Linux. I had tried and failed in Windows which lead me to believe the command was just disabled in fastboot for the longest time.

I'm new to this and all I did was follow the steps and BAM! I was able to "temp root" my Revvl. I'm still trying to figure out what I can do with a temp rooted phone.. My original goal was to install a custom ROM, enable Low-Ram MOD, and/or drop the security patch.

Anyways, here's some screenshot:
Screenshot_20210125-231644.pngScreenshot_20210125-231652.pngScreenshot_20210125-231724.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210125-231644.png
    Screenshot_20210125-231644.png
    120.3 KB · Views: 78

woahbust

Jan 24, 2022
I'm new to this and all I did was follow the steps and BAM! I was able to "temp root" my Revvl. I'm still trying to figure out what I can do with a temp rooted phone.. My original goal was to install a custom ROM, enable Low-Ram MOD, and/or drop the security patch.

Anyways, here's some screenshot:
View attachment 5199073View attachment 5199081View attachment 5199079
i have been following this thread for a while now, i have a revvl V+ 5g, is there any hope for me to root it?

Kreaz01

Aug 2, 2019
i have been following this thread for a while now, i have a revvl V+ 5g, is there any hope for me to root it?
I honestly have no idea. Let's just hope and see if somebody is willing to try. I would hold off on the updates if you plan to root it. I'm no expert to this so don't quote me on that. Do it at your own risk! Goodluck!

sketchscarz

Mar 2, 2011
Eugene
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
That was to boot fastboot on the Fire 7, I changed it to "FASTBOOT" for my more standard device. But again, "adb reboot bootloader" will get you into fastboot mode.

I suspect previous attempts to oem unlock were done in Windows which does not work in my experience(looks like the command is unsupported iirc). No idea why.
Use tmobile device unlock try to get a permanent or temporary unlock. Then open dev options and enable oem unlock. Go select a dsu. I selected the first one. It disabled dm verity.. and then try to reboot fast boot for fastboot oem unlock and USB debugging. You're dm verity gets disabled in the process. When turning on the phone select power button within five seconds or device will reboot. Lmk know fastboot oem unlock works

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

For all those still interested and willing to help (which may mean risking their device), send me a PM with your preferred google account email. I'll get you in the google hangouts group we have for trying to figure this thing out.
    Just want to take a quick poll here... Is anyone still actually interested in this phone and getting it modded? Lately this thread seems kinda dead. If everyone gave up hope, I might just move on myself as well honestly
    I would really like to get this thing rooted so I can clean up some bloatware and and overclock since I'm stuck with it for a few more months
    i will be back in germany at on dec.21,if german t-mobile can't unlock it for use in germany I am willing to do anything with it for science..since I will throw this useless piece of technology at the wall anyway