General T-Mobile (SM-A326U) unlocking rules/terms.

Search This thread
I like rooting my devices as I like having control over them and what they do. The Galaxy A32 5G is no exception so I was disappointed to see that the OEM Unlocking was not even shown in the Developer menu. I did a little research and basically if you got this phone through the 5g Trade-Up promotion (I suspect most did) then you're stuck on stock until April 19th 2023 or later when these phones get paid off. So unless you pay it of sooner or are in the military being deployed overseas, then you're stuck on stock.

Reference: https://www.t-mobile.com/responsibility/consumer-info/policies/sim-unlock-policy

Last edited:

hyelton

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2010
Wilmington
I don't think we will ever see it. My A10e still has no OEM unlocking option and its been active for months.

Also as a test OEM unlock does not show up even when the A32 5G is carrier unlocked either

Last edited:

DeadDjembe

Aug 26, 2018
I don't think we will ever see it. My A10e still has no OEM unlocking option and its been active for months.

Also as a test OEM unlock does not show up even when the A32 5G is carrier unlocked either

I was able to convince T-Mobile to unlock my phone. I can confirm that network unlock does not enable OEM unlock option in Developer Options.

jke000

Jul 20, 2013
Seattle
How about some kind of turbo sim? May be some paid services ? Really need to use with another sim... And if I pay it off I will not get credits, right?

Wait til you get at least 1 bill credit before you pay it off just to make sure the promotional credits are active. But if you do pay off the phone, you'll still receive the promotional recurring device credits as long as that line remains active. Info here if you want to read the details by T-Mobile.

Reactions: Elastep
Wait til you get at least 1 bill credit before you pay it off just to make sure the promotional credits are active. But if you do pay off the phone, you'll still receive the promotional recurring device credits as long as that line remains active. Info here if you want to read the details by T-Mobile.
That's awesome!!! Att stopped paying you promo credits as soon as you pay it off... I'll definitely give it a shot! Thanks for the hint!

DeadDjembe

Aug 26, 2018
Can anyone get a stock unlocked rom build from their phone that has been unlocked by T-Mobile? Even the bootloader.img? We could all flash it and it might work for us.

For example,

Taking a dump of the bootloader partition such as this:

T-Mobile phones can only be carrier unlocked, which I believe is done via the network and IMEI, not through software/boot loader. T-mobile phones can not be OEM unlocked at this time. I am not sure if a carrier unlocked T-mobile dump would get us any closer to a root, and I don't think a dump is possible via the directions you posted since it requires root.

Magnetox

Jun 11, 2011
Toronto
www.bbti.io
Google Pixel 6a
T-Mobile phones can only be carrier unlocked, which I believe is done via the network and IMEI, not through software/boot loader. T-mobile phones can not be OEM unlocked at this time. I am not sure if a carrier unlocked T-mobile dump would get us any closer to a root, and I don't think a dump is possible via the directions you posted since it requires root.
Dumps actually don't require root AFAIK, you sure? Even then, a T-Mobile unlocked person could easily root boot.img with magisk and then pull it.

injuhneer

Apr 4, 2015
Any luck?

If this phone (A326U) can't have the bootloader unlocked it is of almost no use to me. I wonder if I can return it.

It will go to fastboot and can be seen via fastboot devices. Issuing fastboot flashing unlock returns

FAILED (remote: 'unknown command')
fastboot: error: Command failed

I suppose this means existing bootloader does not have these commands in it or the missing OEM locking option is preventing the command from running?

Also I am wondering if there is somewhere to buy one that can have the bootloader (like for Metro PCS or other).

T-Mobile indicates they will bring a phone in to their network that can be unlocked but their policies (as mentioned in other threads) preclude unlocking a T-Mobile sourced device that has not been on their network for 40 days or after the 2 year contract if it is a contract purchased phone. An externally sourced phone can be added to their network and unlocked for SIM and bootloader.

Last edited:

financeledger

May 31, 2021
Any luck?

If this phone (A326U) can't have the bootloader unlocked it is of almost no use to me. I wonder if I can return it.

It will go to fastboot and can be seen via fastboot devices. Issuing fastboot flashing unlock returns

I suppose this means existing bootloader does not have these commands in it or the missing OEM locking option is preventing the command from running?

Also I am wondering if there is somewhere to buy one that can have the bootloader (like for Metro PCS or other).

T-Mobile indicates they will bring a phone in to their network that can be unlocked but their policies (as mentioned in other threads) preclude unlocking a T-Mobile sourced device that has not been on their network for 40 days or after the 2 year contract if it is a contract purchased phone. An externally sourced phone can be added to their network and unlocked for SIM and bootloader.
Mines rooted. theres a service for unlocking the bootloader

Buy directly from Samsung and you wont have bootloader problems

Reactions: afaneh92

bboy305786

Dec 20, 2012
Today I used the Samsung chat option on the website and asked for the unlock code for my A32 5G on Metro POS network. They put a ticket in for unlock code request. I'll let you know how it goes! 🤞🏼

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211019-084829.png
    Screenshot_20211019-084829.png
    149.8 KB · Views: 308
Reactions: financeledger

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How about some kind of turbo sim? May be some paid services ? Really need to use with another sim... And if I pay it off I will not get credits, right?

Any luck?

Mines rooted. theres a service for unlocking the bootloader

Buy directly from Samsung and you wont have bootloader problems
    Today I used the Samsung chat option on the website and asked for the unlock code for my A32 5G on Metro POS network. They put a ticket in for unlock code request. I'll let you know how it goes! 🤞🏼