• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

T-Mobile to Global (USA) Firmware8t+ 5G

Search This thread

TechOut

Aug 15, 2017
I just got my unlock stuff from OnePlus and I know there is a thread on here for converting but from what I see it is to go to EU firmware and has some other steps I assume that are for rooting. I don't want to root I just want to install the USA Unlocked firmware on mine. What is the current process for that are there downloads yet or are we still waiting?

Exathi

Nov 4, 2018
Salem
I just got my unlock stuff from OnePlus and I know there is a thread on here for converting but from what I see it is to go to EU firmware and has some other steps I assume that are for rooting. I don't want to root I just want to install the USA Unlocked firmware on mine. What is the current process for that are there downloads yet or are we still waiting?
So far we haven't had the global version out yet

Reactions: Wolftickets

Exathi

Nov 4, 2018
Salem
What's the difference between the global and eu versions why do so many people wanna flash to it?[/QUOTE

Reason being is that T-Mobile lags hella hard on their updates. OnePlus, on the other hand, is pretty quick on releasing their updates. Conveting your phone to global means that we can update our phones as soon as oxygen updater gets the updates.
Hi speaking of which I finally converted mines to thd eu version it's awesome much better

sameog

Apr 21, 2010
San Francisco
Hey there,

My approach was quite involved considering all the patchwork provided by this thread.

For the shortest explanation, please see the OP. I'm not at home right now.

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

What process did you use? Can you just flash via recovery like previous models? Is the EU firmware missing anything the US phones would have?

https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-8t/how-to/guide-tmo-variant-conversion-t4188491

TechOut

Aug 15, 2017
Hey there,

My approach was quite involved considering all the patchwork provided by this thread.

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

Yeah that's the thread I saw. Just confused about all the payload extraction and stuff what is that about? Don't remember it being that involved before.

awr128

Dec 7, 2019
Hey there,

Thanks.

Yeah that's the thread I saw. Just confused about all the payload extraction and stuff what is that about? Don't remember it being that involved before.

The payload extraction gives you the files to flash using fastbootd, I'm sure if someone had access to a file hosting site they could just host the files already extracted into a downloadable zip file.

TechOut

Aug 15, 2017

LLStarks

Jun 1, 2012
Global is worthless. No local upgrade and OTAs won't work if you modify system files. There's no way to get a clean set of fastboot files since OnePlus isn't publishing the firmware.

Convert to EU and don't question it. The modem works perfectly.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So far we haven't had the global version out yet
    If you guys want to get the global version you can just msm to eu then download the global version with oxygen updater and do a local upgrade and you'll have the global one