• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

T-Mobile trying to block switch to Xfinity mobile!

Search This thread

runramrom

Mar 15, 2021
San Francisco
Trying to switch from TMobile to Xfinity mobile & they are trying to block it. Phone is fully paid off, was originally Xfinity mobile; switched to T-Mobile but after I noticed my bill had gone from. 65 a month to 150 a month to 250 a MONTH , I decided to switch. All of a sudden when I switched my home internet , they reduced the past due amount, and as long as I acted like they could keep my business they didn't change it. Then I got my Sim and now it's back up to 500+ dollars which is not accurate. They aren't willing to work with me and they suspended service which makes it difficult to compete activation on Xfinity mobile. Any ideas?

dj24

Jun 23, 2018
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Did you get the phone unlocked through t-mobile first? If the phone is paid off they should unlock it for you. Once you get that done you should be able to get service from any provider irrelevant of any past/ future dues that you might have with them that you would still have to address.

runramrom

Mar 15, 2021
San Francisco
Actually Xfinity originally had to unlock because I bought it through them, then switched to T-mobile. Finally got activated today, and I know I made the right choice switching back because I called them to activate & the call dropped when they were adding features to the Sim, & they immediately called me back. Tmobile has never done that, I would always have to call them back & then it would be a hour before I could get through. Thx for response .
Did you get the phone unlocked through t-mobile first? If the phone is paid off they should unlock it for you. Once you get that done you should be able to get service from any provider irrelevant of any past/ future dues that you might have with them that you would still have to address.

Reactions: dj24

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Actually Xfinity originally had to unlock because I bought it through them, then switched to T-mobile. Finally got activated today, and I know I made the right choice switching back because I called them to activate & the call dropped when they were adding features to the Sim, & they immediately called me back. Tmobile has never done that, I would always have to call them back & then it would be a hour before I could get through. Thx for response .