• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

T-Mobile Unlocked Bootloader

Search This thread

Xshooter726

Mar 4, 2014
Looking to clear up some questions I have in regards to Unlocking the Bootloader on a T-Mobile version of the OnePlus 7 Pro. I'm sure others will have similar questions being that T-Mobile will be the only Carrier / Store in the US that will have the phone available for purchase in-store this Friday.
After doing some research it appears the T-Mobile OnePlus 6T Bootloader can be unlocked if you request and are granted a SIM Unlock from T-Mobile. As shown here on the OnePlus website
https://support.oneplus.com/app/ans...-bootloader-for-oneplus-6t-(t-mobile-edition)
Sure, its required to wait 7 days for the bootloader unlock request to process but other then that it seems straight forward. I am aware of T-Mobile being hit or miss when requesting a Sim unlock if the Device is not fully paid off but if the device is paid in full the unlock process should be as straight forward as described on the website correct?
And after unlocking the bootloader will there be any differences between an International OnePlus 7 unlocked bootloader vs a T-Mobile unlocked bootloader? ( besides the only hardware difference being the Dual sim )
Will Custom roms be Universal between both version?... So many questions! :confused:
Hopefully someone who has gone through the T-Mobile boot loader unlock process on the 6T can clear some questions up.

Purest

Oct 17, 2011
You can bootloader unlock the T-Mobile variant 6t without having to simunlock, just requires some extra steps to achieve without having to payoff phone or contact T-Mobile. You can order the dual SIM tray to get dual SIM working as well once unlocked, I'm sure the opo 7pro will be the same way, no hardware differences.

G

GuestK00177

Everything should pretty much work with it as well. Just did the same process for a friend's pixel through tmo..I have fully converted 2 fajitas since Novembers launch. One will sim unlock and the other via sorcery.

harsh2193

Mar 7, 2013
Los Angeles
My experience was different - T-mobile refused to unlock my phone unless I used it for over 40 days on their network. This was despite me being a 2+ year customer on a 12 person family plan and planning on staying on after as well, paying outright for the device, and requesting an unlock via support. Wasn't able to get the 64 digit unlock code through fastboot because my 7 Pro wasn't SIM unlocked.

Whole process pissed me off enough that I'm gonna return the phone and buy it off the OnePlus website instead.

Purest

Oct 17, 2011
My experience was different - T-mobile refused to unlock my phone unless I used it for over 40 days on their network. This was despite me being a 2+ year customer on a 12 person family plan and planning on staying on after as well, paying outright for the device, and requesting an unlock via support. Wasn't able to get the 64 digit unlock code through fastboot because my 7 Pro wasn't SIM unlocked.

Whole process pissed me off enough that I'm gonna return the phone and buy it off the OnePlus website instead.

Well you should attempt to call them again, say that you travel a lot and that's the reason why you paid the phone off, I hear stories that some reps will consider unlocking it for you, just gotta give them a story. I would attempt again before returning it and having to pay that restocking fee.

harsh2193

Mar 7, 2013
Los Angeles
Well you should attempt to call them again, say that you travel a lot and that's the reason why you paid the phone off, I hear stories that some reps will consider unlocking it for you, just gotta give them a story. I would attempt again before returning it and having to pay that restocking fee.

I called them 4 times, and after being put on hold everytime they wouldn't even let me get my receipt. Apparently what they mean by "email receipt" is that they'll send you the document on a My T-Mobile account that can only be accessed by the owner of the account (in my case, I'm on a family plan with the owner in a different city). Long story short - They wouldn't let me do anything, even though my name was associated with the account. I complained enough that they said they'll waive the restocking fee, but it was a customer service nightmare. Already got the phone on OnePlus's website, and thank god for that. T-Mobile charged me 790 bucks in CA for just the phone. OnePlus gave me the phone, 6 months of accidental screen damage protection, a 60 dollar case and earphones bundle and 3 day shipping for 770.

alienator88

Aug 26, 2009
SLC
I called them 4 times, and after being put on hold everytime they wouldn't even let me get my receipt. Apparently what they mean by "email receipt" is that they'll send you the document on a My T-Mobile account that can only be accessed by the owner of the account (in my case, I'm on a family plan with the owner in a different city). Long story short - They wouldn't let me do anything, even though my name was associated with the account. I complained enough that they said they'll waive the restocking fee, but it was a customer service nightmare. Already got the phone on OnePlus's website, and thank god for that. T-Mobile charged me 790 bucks in CA for just the phone. OnePlus gave me the phone, 6 months of accidental screen damage protection, a 60 dollar case and earphones bundle and 3 day shipping for 770.
I had this same issue when I had to get my OP6T sim unlocked from T-Mo. I called a bunch of times and they kept telling me no. As soon as I sent a tweet to the T-Mo support handle, they had it sim unlocked within a day. I didn't even have one payment made at that point. I've seen a lot of people have way more success with T-Mo twitter support since it's more of a marketing ploy it seems.

twinnfamous

May 31, 2012
sacramento
Looking to clear up some questions I have in regards to Unlocking the Bootloader on a T-Mobile version of the OnePlus 7 Pro. I'm sure others will have similar questions being that T-Mobile will be the only Carrier / Store in the US that will have the phone available for purchase in-store this Friday.
After doing some research it appears the T-Mobile OnePlus 6T Bootloader can be unlocked if you request and are granted a SIM Unlock from T-Mobile. As shown here on the OnePlus website
https://support.oneplus.com/app/ans...-bootloader-for-oneplus-6t-(t-mobile-edition)
Sure, its required to wait 7 days for the bootloader unlock request to process but other then that it seems straight forward. I am aware of T-Mobile being hit or miss when requesting a Sim unlock if the Device is not fully paid off but if the device is paid in full the unlock process should be as straight forward as described on the website correct?
And after unlocking the bootloader will there be any differences between an International OnePlus 7 unlocked bootloader vs a T-Mobile unlocked bootloader? ( besides the only hardware difference being the Dual sim )
Will Custom roms be Universal between both version?... So many questions! :confused:
Hopefully someone who has gone through the T-Mobile boot loader unlock process on the 6T can clear some questions up.
I'm going to try to flash my op6t unlock.bin on op7 pro just to see what happens. I'll report back.
On the way to T-Mobile now

harsh2193

Mar 7, 2013
Los Angeles
I had this same issue when I had to get my OP6T sim unlocked from T-Mo. I called a bunch of times and they kept telling me no. As soon as I sent a tweet to the T-Mo support handle, they had it sim unlocked within a day. I didn't even have one payment made at that point. I've seen a lot of people have way more success with T-Mo twitter support since it's more of a marketing ploy it seems.

The way I see it, if that's how the customer experience is gonna be for something so minor, I don't wanna go back to them with bigger issues with the 7 Pro if or when I face them.

alienator88

Aug 26, 2009
SLC
The way I see it, if that's how the customer experience is gonna be for something so minor, I don't wanna go back to them with bigger issues with the 7 Pro if or when I face them.
That's definitely how I felt after the whole ordeal. It left a sour taste in my mouth, but that $300 trade-in deal they had for the 6T was too good to pass up.
Haven't bought a carrier phone since the first Google Nexus days, so I thought maybe the carriers have changed since then. Bad mistake, back to buying unlocked only going forward again lol, I just ordered the OP7 Pro straight from OnePlus this morning.

G

GuestK00177

So the T-Mobile oneplus 7 pro should be able to be rooted and sim and bootlooder unlocked like the T-Mobile oneplus 6? Thanks In advance!!!
Yes and guys that unlock bin is unique to a specific device, imei, and serial number ... Lol ... Talk to TMO on Twitter, they will unlock early if u have a tenure. Soon as we have a MSM tool we can prob decrypt and make a backdoor..

Tweezydak1d

May 6, 2009
Sacramento, CA
I was able to call into TMobile this morning and get my device unlocked even with financing. I just told them that I would be traveling for 3 months and the temporary unlock is for only 2 months and I didn't want to have to call in on that 3rd month to fight and get a 3rd month temp unlock. They agreed with me and said that I was approved to get it permanently unlocked. As soon as I got off the call I used the app to unlock my phone.

Reactions: sabrdawg

nmil1484

May 12, 2014
:: delete::

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

You can bootloader unlock the T-Mobile variant 6t without having to simunlock, just requires some extra steps to achieve without having to payoff phone or contact T-Mobile. You can order the dual SIM tray to get dual SIM working as well once unlocked, I'm sure the opo 7pro will be the same way, no hardware differences.

How?

Just fastboot oem unlock?

Xshooter726

Mar 4, 2014
Just got off the phone with TMobile. One of the requirements of having the phone unlocked is to use the phone on T-Mobile network for 40 days. Which I have no problem with. Really enjoying this phone.

Reactions: andybfmv96

nmil1484

May 12, 2014
Just called three times. I was told they won't do it. I even offered to pay for the whole phone.

Do you have to have the SIM unlock to unlock the bootloader.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is there an XDA Member of the year award for @porcelainedrose ?
    I'm not sure it's recommended to go about it like I did, but I talked to tmobile twitter support and just told them that I needed it unlocked so I could unlock the bootloader.

They gave me the boilerplate refusal, I told them it's the reason I bought the phone, that I would make 2 EIP payments up front (I probably should have waited on making this offer, but they didn't have me do it), and that I had been a tmobile customer for so long.

After that, she did a temporary unlock, and then I told her that didn't work and I still needed the permanent unlock. She put in the override for that and I was able to do the permanent unlock.

Just saying, you don't always have to lie to get them to unlock it :)

Good luck guys!!
    I'm a she. And yes, working my way slowly through them. Make sure you guys sent me your last name and phone number.
    Great to run into another girl on the forum! :) You don't know how many times I've been called "dude," "bro," "man," etc. It's funny :)

I gotta give you props for helping everyone out like you're doing, too! I know it's much appreciated by everyone!
    Mine was too. He's probabaly got a ton of PMs just be patient.
    Lol, he probably got more PMs than a naked girl on Facebook that said she's lonely and listed all her personal info.
    porcelainedrose is legit. I got mine unlocked this way a few minutes ago.