• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

T-Mobile Unlocked Bootloader

Search This thread

Primal instinct

Oct 10, 2015
lithonia
T-Mobile doesn't actually make any changes to the software or firmware. They provide their crappy apps and carrier aggregation to OnePlus for the T-Mobile sold devices. That is it. OnePlus still produces, tests, and pushes updates for the T-Mobile version, just like every other OEM does.
Actually not true.... Why else do you think TMobile versions of the 7 Pro lag in software updates. It's still OOS but TMobile makes sure to "remove" features they deem "unnecessary" and they sure as heck lag behind the global versions of the OP7 Pro in software updates

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

I *think* I got through them all. If I missed you PM me again with your info.
You are a God Send

Reactions: GrimReaper316
G

GuestK00179

Actually not true.... Why else do you think TMobile versions of the 7 Pro lag in software updates. It's still OOS but TMobile makes sure to "remove" features they deem "unnecessary" and they sure as heck lag behind the global versions of the OP7 Pro in software updates

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

You are a God Send
I do my best. :)

jcsww

You are a God Send

Because OnePlus and every other manufacturer are busy with their main software/firmware first. When they have the time, they getaround to carrier variants. OEM's won't take the chance of carriers messing up their devices and the carroers are too cheap to employ a team of software engineers.

sabrdawg

Jun 23, 2011
Buffalo
I'm a she. And yes, working my way slowly through them. Make sure you guys sent me your last name and phone number.
Great to run into another girl on the forum! :) You don't know how many times I've been called "dude," "bro," "man," etc. It's funny :)

I gotta give you props for helping everyone out like you're doing, too! I know it's much appreciated by everyone!

G

GuestK00179

Great to run into another girl on the forum! :) You don't know how many times I've been called "dude," "bro," "man," etc. It's funny :)

I gotta give you props for helping everyone out like you're doing, too! I know it's much appreciated by everyone!
We're a rare breed!

And thanks for the props, just happy to help the community. :)

JrWriter87

Apr 5, 2012
Because OnePlus and every other manufacturer are busy with their main software/firmware first. When they have the time, they getaround to carrier variants. OEM's won't take the chance of carriers messing up their devices and the carroers are too cheap to employ a team of software engineers.
That's not how it works. OnePlus and every other OEM that have carrier variants sends the software to the carrier so they can add and test it on their network. The carriers then pushes the software update out.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

jcsww

That's not how it works. OnePlus and every other OEM that have carrier variants sends the software to the carrier so they can add and test it on their network. The carriers then pushes the software update out.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

For a major update, they get a test build to report back to the OEM on. All OTA's come from the OEM as they do the final testing before pushing it. This is how you can still get updates after switching carriers.

seanbwoi

Aug 4, 2012
Manhattan
So I unlock my sim and when I when to oneplus it ask me for unlock code where do I find that this is my first oneplus device so I'm not familiar with its process. Can someone help

masri1987

Jun 27, 2010
Honolulu, Hawaii
OnePlus if you got the cash... not even a question.... Just look at all the people including me who are Trying to convert their TMO OP7Pros to Intl OP7PROs.

I got the cash, but one thing i don't have is patience to deal with OnePlus, i had a nightmare situation with my op3t in the past where i had their protection coverage but it was worthless trash, Hence why the t-mo route is appealing because of executing warranty and insurance thru t-mo...

jcsww

I got the cash, but one thing i don't have is patience to deal with OnePlus, i had a nightmare situation with my op3t in the past where i had their protection coverage but it was worthless trash, Hence why the t-mo route is appealing because of executing warranty and insurance thru t-mo...

Straight exchanges, getting the phone in-hand right away, and JoD are all good reasons to buy one through T-Mobile.

Primal instinct

Oct 10, 2015
lithonia
Only reason I'd ever consider tmo op7 over the global op7 is RCS and IM...
OP has fixed a lot of the CS problems and yeah the warranty is a little better if u go for tmo... But it's not worth it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is there an XDA Member of the year award for @porcelainedrose ?
    I'm not sure it's recommended to go about it like I did, but I talked to tmobile twitter support and just told them that I needed it unlocked so I could unlock the bootloader.

They gave me the boilerplate refusal, I told them it's the reason I bought the phone, that I would make 2 EIP payments up front (I probably should have waited on making this offer, but they didn't have me do it), and that I had been a tmobile customer for so long.

After that, she did a temporary unlock, and then I told her that didn't work and I still needed the permanent unlock. She put in the override for that and I was able to do the permanent unlock.

Just saying, you don't always have to lie to get them to unlock it :)

Good luck guys!!
    I'm a she. And yes, working my way slowly through them. Make sure you guys sent me your last name and phone number.

Mine was too. He's probabaly got a ton of PMs just be patient.
    Lol, he probably got more PMs than a naked girl on Facebook that said she's lonely and listed all her personal info.
    porcelainedrose is legit. I got mine unlocked this way a few minutes ago.