• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

T-Mobile Unlocked Bootloader

Search This thread

dkotoric

Jun 29, 2007
Ankeny
I got the cash, but one thing i don't have is patience to deal with OnePlus, i had a nightmare situation with my op3t in the past where i had their protection coverage but it was worthless trash, Hence why the t-mo route is appealing because of executing warranty and insurance thru t-mo...
I'll sell u my TMobile one for $675, paid off and unlocked already. Comes with case and glass screen protector installed.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

masri1987

Jun 27, 2010
Honolulu, Hawaii
Straight exchanges, getting the phone in-hand right away, and JoD are all good reasons to buy one through T-Mobile.

Only reason I'd ever consider tmo op7 over the global op7 is RCS and IM...
OP has fixed a lot of the CS problems and yeah the warranty is a little better if u go for tmo... But it's not worth it.

wait,. the global OP7pro doesn't have RCS support? hmm.

Yeah OP had horrible CS back during 3t days, i still got a 5 and a 6 afterwards but now i'm on pixel.

My next question is google photos uploads... they are so important to me if i don't sell my pixel 3 xl and keep it is there a way i can take advantage of the free uploads still?

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

I'll sell u my TMobile one for $675, paid off and unlocked already. Comes with case and glass screen protector installed.

pm'd u

dkotoric

Jun 29, 2007
Ankeny

Yeah OP had horrible CS back during 3t days, i still got a 5 and a 6 afterwards but now i'm on pixel.

My next question is google photos uploads... they are so important to me if i don't sell my pixel 3 xl and keep it is there a way i can take advantage of the free uploads still?

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

pm'd u
Replied

jcsww

pm'd u

You can maintain your free Google Photos with an edit to the build.prop. It requires root though and can have some app issues due to the device not being correctly identified.

I don't know if RCS is in the global version but T-Mobile doesn't make it easy sometimes to get it working on non-T-Mobile devices. I was able to get RCS working on my Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 on T-Mobile using Android Messages, the stock text app, and with Textra.

Reactions: jnclocker

Primal instinct

Oct 10, 2015
lithonia

pm'd u
No the global variant does not have RCS.... RCS is a fubar situation. And the only way to have unlimited uploads is to use the High quality setting and not full quality. It shouldn't make much difference as most photos from phones are capped at 12MP anyways.. Basically all it does is scale the photo down to 12 MP.
EDIT: RCS is highly carrier based and its quite useless anyways.

G

GuestK00179

Okay, I think I got through all the unlocks today. Again, if I missed you, please PM me and I'll get to you tomorrow.

Juxto2010

Mar 7, 2015
El Dorado
Let the 7 day wait begin... absolutely ridiculous but I came from T-Mobile from verizon and moved away from Samsung because there was just no way possible with them. With that I am grateful for the process no matter how dumb I think it is. I wish I had the skill set to help with the great work being done on the MSM tool but looks like it may not be too long before the process can be bypassed.

jerryhou85

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 28, 2010
China
Google Pixel 2 XL
Apple Watch
Dear all,
A reminder here and this topic is considered as closed. Next time all related posts shall be removed. Thank you for understanding.
7. Do not spam, sell or trade on the forums.

If you wish to advertise a product, simply contact us. We can provide ads but you are not permitted to just post it in the forums. If you do, it will be removed and you're likely to receive a ban. On the 30th Nov 2012 the Marketplace closed. The buying, selling, trading and / or exchanging of any item is now prohibited on XDA, in any forum or via Private Messages. We now use www.swappa.com

How did you get your phone unlocked? I tried customer service, they said no. I bought it off day 1...

I i asked and they called someone and unlocked right away bc i paid off

yes store but they didn't unlock it they called customer service and spoke with someone and they pushed through I don't know whatever to be able to unlock right away

capsnbottles

Jun 10, 2016
Orange County, CA
Got my unlock token from oneplus, but everytime I follow there steps I get no such file or directory. The file is in the platform tools folder, also tried minimal adb, get same message. Didnt have this problem with the 6t. What a pain!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is there an XDA Member of the year award for @porcelainedrose ?
    I'm not sure it's recommended to go about it like I did, but I talked to tmobile twitter support and just told them that I needed it unlocked so I could unlock the bootloader.

They gave me the boilerplate refusal, I told them it's the reason I bought the phone, that I would make 2 EIP payments up front (I probably should have waited on making this offer, but they didn't have me do it), and that I had been a tmobile customer for so long.

After that, she did a temporary unlock, and then I told her that didn't work and I still needed the permanent unlock. She put in the override for that and I was able to do the permanent unlock.

Just saying, you don't always have to lie to get them to unlock it :)

Good luck guys!!
    I'm a she. And yes, working my way slowly through them. Make sure you guys sent me your last name and phone number.
    Great to run into another girl on the forum! :) You don't know how many times I've been called "dude," "bro," "man," etc. It's funny :)

I gotta give you props for helping everyone out like you're doing, too! I know it's much appreciated by everyone!
    Mine was too. He's probabaly got a ton of PMs just be patient.
    Lol, he probably got more PMs than a naked girl on Facebook that said she's lonely and listed all her personal info.
    porcelainedrose is legit. I got mine unlocked this way a few minutes ago.