T-Mobile update available

Search This thread

jonnycat26

Feb 16, 2008
There's an official T-Mobile update available as of this morning. It's over 40MB in size (pretty sure) so I'm imagining It's chock full of goodies.

I can't install it until I get home and defrost some bloat, so does anyone else wanna give it a shot?

Reactions: Blue6IX

Ohgami_Ichiro

Jun 18, 2010
Tacoma
I'll give it a shot. It says security and optimizations. DLing now.

EDIT: Looks like an update to Wifi calling.
EDIT2: New radio too: 11.59.3504.00_11.16.3504.20_2
Build: 1.55.531.3

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: yogi2010

yogi2010

Dec 22, 2010
Los Angeles, CA

Attachments

• 2011-12-19_09-08-16.jpg
    2011-12-19_09-08-16.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 448
Reactions: tbalden and Blue6IX

yogi2010

Dec 22, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Seems like the big weather widget is now missing the awesome graphics/animation?

Edit: also a BIG word of warning... Revolutionary is saying the new HBOOT is NOT supported at this time.

Last edited:

doost650

Oct 6, 2008
South Saint Paul,MN
So I know this is gonna sound like a dumb question but please humor me. What would happen if I ran the update on my rooted phone? Would it brick the phone or just unroot it?

jonnycat26

Feb 16, 2008
There was a bump in the kernel version.... but there's nothing in the release notes that would indicate what's changed there. They only mention netflix improvements, Google security fixes, WiFi calling improvements, and something else so minor I've forgotten it already.

yogi2010

Dec 22, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
and here's the info on the new HBOOT: version # is 1.45.0013. it says *locked* at the top, but it still says S-OFF. i accidentally still had a PC59IMG.zip on my sdcard, and it read it and asked if i wanted to update.....

cmraymond

Nov 3, 2011
yep, it's 43.2 MB, but definitely not ICS. will have to play with it to see if anything feels or looks different. i have attached the OTA package for anyone who'd like to have a look at it :)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18474790/OT....28.531.10_release_2279923pt850rhelkwzr8g.zip

Looks like a lot of the stock ringtones are gone . I never rooted my phone..i only know they are gone becaise it put my ringtone as tmobile jingle. The one I use is gone.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using XDA App

Blue6IX

May 20, 2011
Thanks for posting about this, and I really appreciate that the update has been provided so people can get it.

I am downloading the update now from yogi2010's dropbox - i'll see what I can find when I break it open after the download finishes.

I just woke up, so this gets to be the first item on my list.

If there is a new kernel provided, then don't expect to be able to open that up and scan for changes - but otherwise i'll see what I can find out and report back.

FreeK200

Dec 17, 2011
I updated my phone on friday night, and it was my first update ever. Is this the same one, or is it a newer version?

Blue6IX

May 20, 2011
First impressions: wow, they made tiny changes to just about everything in the system.

I am going to focus first and foremost on the GPS changes they made - looks like they updated the SUPL certification, the GPS lib file - I need to find out what they did. They probably made it look like the GPS changes I made, but I never edited the SUPL certification file so expect an update to my GPS patch (probably) when I figure it all out.

I am also concerned about what they did with the bluetooth stuff - they updated the blacklist and also all of the Bluetooth files on the device.

If anyone applied the update, can you check and see if all of your bluetooth devices work?

I am half tempted to apply the update to one of my MT4GS phones, but I'm afraid of bricking it trying to go back after I sort through it all - writing the Radio is where you can brick your phone and that I would have to do ... so looks like i'll be figuring out how to decompile some of these update files and note the changes.

If anyone has any information to share about the update, please post it here.

yogi2010

Dec 22, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
First impressions: wow, they made tiny changes to just about everything in the system.

I am going to focus first and foremost on the GPS changes they made - looks like they updated the SUPL certification, the GPS lib file - I need to find out what they did. They probably made it look like the GPS changes I made, but I never edited the SUPL certification file so expect an update to my GPS patch (probably) when I figure it all out.

I am also concerned about what they did with the bluetooth stuff - they updated the blacklist and also all of the Bluetooth files on the device.

If anyone applied the update, can you check and see if all of your bluetooth devices work?

I am half tempted to apply the update to one of my MT4GS phones, but I'm afraid of bricking it trying to go back after I sort through it all - writing the Radio is where you can brick your phone and that I would have to do ... so looks like i'll be figuring out how to decompile some of these update files and note the changes.

If anyone has any information to share about the update, please post it here.

the reason i was kind of a proponent of the first update was because there were changes to a LOT of things, even tho the size of the package was small. still, i myself don't know what was changed, if anything.

do you think the fact the HBOOT read the original PC59IMG.zip on my sdcard, and asked me to update, means that we can still go back to what we had before?

unfortunately no bluetooth devices here but will report back later about GPS.

Blue6IX

May 20, 2011
the reason i was kind of a proponent of the first update was because there were changes to a LOT of things, even tho the size of the package was small. still, i myself don't know what was changed, if anything.

do you think the fact the HBOOT read the original PC59IMG.zip on my sdcard, and asked me to update, means that we can still go back to what we had before?

unfortunately no bluetooth devices here but will report back later about GPS.

Probably - I may very well end up trying later but don't hold your breath. I might apply it to my phone that I bought with my plan so that I can take it back to T-Mo and force them to give me another one because their update broke it.

It kinda is special to me, being my first smartphone ever, so I don't want to part with it, but if I can't figure it all out i'm not so sentimental that i'll let that impede progress.

-also -

If anyone does flash this, some of the files that were removed with Undeadk9's security patch - and are also removed in my ROM, are put back onto the phone - most notably QXDM2SD.apk that I have seen thus far - this will have to be removed again if the update is flashed to prevent logging activities.

I have no idea what Smith.apk is - so decompiling and looking through that after I finish typing this out.

I'll keep people updated as I go through it.

Blue6IX

May 20, 2011
can someone check if the CIQ stuff is still there or not?

i got a feeling...

I'm not sure yet about CIQ - but Smith.apk is absolutely a new logging utility.

It looks like it's primary function is to log battery stuff, but that doesn't look like it's all that it's logging - i'm looking into this and disappointed to see another attempt at spyware and intrusive logging being pushed onto our phones.

Please be advised that in addition to the .apk file mentioned above, Smith.apk is a logging utility that needs to be assessed and explored more in-depth. I am doing so now but others should as well if they can, maybe see something I miss.

Also looks like Smith.apk gives us a new dialer code - 76484 is the number but not sure what the preface is to get to it. Check my sig under 'guides index' to see the other dialer codes i've found so far.

If anyone has installed this update, can you experiment with the different ways of entering dialer codes to see about activating this number?

More to follow as I get through it all.

Thanks!

Reactions: Braccoz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fantastic!

Can you post a step-by-step for others who come behind while it's still fresh in your mind?

This post of yours I quoted is probably the most important one in this thread.

sure Blue, it is pretty much the usual...

To undo the update/restore the stock firmware that came with the phone:

(Note: this will only work if you are still S-OFF even tho you have the new HBOOT version. If you are S-ON with the new HBOOT, then at this time there is no known way to revert... hopefully we can get the devs. of Revolutionary, etc, to update the root methods. Also, if you want to update just to check it out, make sure to turn S-OFF first if you'd like to give yourself the option to revert later.)

1. Download the stock firmware package from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1178082

2. Rename it PG59IMG.zip and put it on the root of your sdcard.

3. Boot into the bootloader('adb reboot bootloader' or power down the phone then hold volume down + power), let it read the update package, and press 'volume up' to update when prompted.

4. At the end it will prompt you to press Power to reboot. It scared me because when i pressed Power, the screen went off and seemed to not come back on, so i pressed power once again, and it booted into the system.

That's it! Just remember that if you do this, it will of course erase all your data... your phone will be like it was out of the box.
    yep, it's 43.2 MB, but definitely not ICS. will have to play with it to see if anything feels or looks different. i have attached the OTA package for anyone who'd like to have a look at it :)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18474790/OT....28.531.10_release_2279923pt850rhelkwzr8g.zip
    Thanks for posting about this, and I really appreciate that the update has been provided so people can get it.

I am downloading the update now from yogi2010's dropbox - i'll see what I can find when I break it open after the download finishes.

I just woke up, so this gets to be the first item on my list.

If there is a new kernel provided, then don't expect to be able to open that up and scan for changes - but otherwise i'll see what I can find out and report back.
    There's an official T-Mobile update available as of this morning. It's over 40MB in size (pretty sure) so I'm imagining It's chock full of goodies.

I can't install it until I get home and defrost some bloat, so does anyone else wanna give it a shot?
    I'll give it a shot. It says security and optimizations. DLing now.

EDIT: Looks like an update to Wifi calling.
    EDIT2: New radio too: 11.59.3504.00_11.16.3504.20_2
    Build: 1.55.531.3

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using xda premium