• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

T-Mobile update

Search This thread

Lancerz

Dec 22, 2008
Riverdale, Ga
I thought this was the one but it was a false alarm and I haven't noticed anything different yet lol. uploadfromtaptalk1446450472178.pnguploadfromtaptalk1446450481115.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

NotATreoFan

Senior Moderator / Developer Committee
Staff member
The first thing I noticed after the update was improved fingerprint recognition. I've never had issues with my thumbs not reading, but it seemed my index fingers had to be perfectly aligned in order to unlock my phone. Now they work at off angles and much quicker.

I also promptly froze the Gear VR apps since I don't want to risk battery hits from something I won't use.

Anyone use stock messaging? I'm curious if the awful delay when trying to send a message is gone.

Reactions: nsdapm27

peterfabri18

Mar 11, 2014
Just a question. With the app optimization do we still need greenery? Just wondering.

guaneet

May 16, 2013
Morgan Hill, CA
Weird thing I noticed was when when I factory reset after I took the update factory recovery was saying something about dfverify tree or something like that.

shook187

Oct 1, 2010
Haverhill MA
Interesting; I just had my Note5 unlocked and with my AT&T SIM in, I was able to download and install the update OTA.

Happy to see all known Stagefright vulnerabilities are now addressed.
Why wouldn't you get the update? I don't think SIM card mean anything.

NotATreoFan

Senior Moderator / Developer Committee
Staff member
Why wouldn't you get the update? I don't think SIM card mean anything.

SIM cards are used to determine OTAs for Nexus devices. But you are correct that they typically don't matter for other OEMs because each carrier gets a different model number assigned to their hardware variant.

Daiskei

Feb 13, 2009
Wireless charging is being a lot more picky about where I place my phone on the pad after the update. I have to set it down a bit higher on the phone rather than centered like usual.

WhiteSRT69

Sep 21, 2012
Budd Lake
Wireless charging is being a lot more picky about where I place my phone on the pad after the update. I have to set it down a bit higher on the phone rather than centered like usual.

thats upsetting
i was having this problem prior to the update, was hoping for a fix

Samsung wireless charger is supper picky, third party ones, not so much

n0_face

Apr 28, 2010
Is anyone else experiencing issues with Text Messages? I'm using the stock messaging app (after I started having issues with EvolveSMS). I'll get the same text messages from someone 5 to 7 times, kind of getting annoying when my S2 vibrates and get's blown up with notifications.

Top Liked Posts