• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question T-Mobile updated modem.

Search This thread

TheKnux

Sep 28, 2011
Akron
Google Pixel 4a 5G
OnePlus 9
Hello, if anyone is on the latest rooted T-Mobile firmware, could you please pull the modem_a/modem_b and modemst1/modemst2 img files and upload them please? I'm converted and I'm using the 11.2.5.5 T-Mobile modem. I wanna see if there's any noticeable difference in coverage/speed with 11.2.5.5 vs latest T-Mobile firmware modems. Thanks in advance.

TheKnux

Sep 28, 2011
Akron
Google Pixel 4a 5G
OnePlus 9
Awesome thread. Thanks for chiming in on this. I thought I was in the wrong by posting this cause of your thread but to clarify what I meant was: the latest T-Mobile firmware is 11.2.4.4. My backup from before I converted was based off of 2.2 or 2.3 I believe. If someone had a firmware newer than 3.3, I was wondering if it was better or the same. Sorry for any confusion.

Reactions: Libra420T

TheKnux

Sep 28, 2011
Akron
Google Pixel 4a 5G
OnePlus 9
I guess I could always pull the modem files from a t-mobile ota but I don't think there's any full zips floating around since t-mobile is technically AA, AA otas are pushed from Google's servers and they're only incremental. Not sure if incrementals have the modem files or not.

Libra420T

Jun 20, 2018
Pennsylvania
OnePlus 7T
OnePlus 8T
I guess I could always pull the modem files from a t-mobile ota but I don't think there's any full zips floating around since t-mobile is technically AA, AA otas are pushed from Google's servers and they're only incremental. Not sure if incrementals have the modem files or not.
nope but you could use nebrassy's unofficial twrp to backup modem while on TmobileOS, then restore while on OOS or Custom rom 👍.
Yes clear difference after updating, especially quality & reliability via roaming..

TheKnux

Sep 28, 2011
Akron
Google Pixel 4a 5G
OnePlus 9
nope but you could use nebrassy's unofficial twrp to backup modem while on TmobileOS, then restore while on OOS or Custom rom 👍.
Yes clear difference after updating, especially quality & reliability via roaming..
Yeah I'm not gonna do all that. Unless I necessarily have to revert using MSM, I'll just stick with my modem backup. When the time comes to MSM, I'll backup the most recent modem.

Reactions: Libra420T

TheKnux

Sep 28, 2011
Akron
Google Pixel 4a 5G
OnePlus 9
Here is the link to the T-Mobile 11.2.5.5 firmware modem images if anyone is interested.

Modem_a/_b are fastboot flashable.

Fastboot flash modem_a modem_a.img
Fastboot flash modem_b modem_b.img
Fastboot reboot

These can also be replaced in payload.bin firmware fastboot roms. Just extract via payload dumper, place these modem files into the rom, then fastboot flashall in fastbootd.

Last edited:
Reactions: Samuel Holland

freddienuxx

Dec 11, 2012
Neptune City NJ
OnePlus 8 Pro
OnePlus 8T
so I flashed the modems and all I gotta say holy cow

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210726-011806.jpg
    Screenshot_20210726-011806.jpg
    270.7 KB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot_20210726-011947.jpg
    Screenshot_20210726-011947.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 44

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @Libra420T i was able to pull the modem files from 11.2.5.5 T-Mobile firmware if you'd like to add them to your post.
    so I flashed the modems and all I gotta say holy cow
    Awesome thread. Thanks for chiming in on this. I thought I was in the wrong by posting this cause of your thread but to clarify what I meant was: the latest T-Mobile firmware is 11.2.4.4. My backup from before I converted was based off of 2.2 or 2.3 I believe. If someone had a firmware newer than 3.3, I was wondering if it was better or the same. Sorry for any confusion.
    Yeah I'm not gonna do all that. Unless I necessarily have to revert using MSM, I'll just stick with my modem backup. When the time comes to MSM, I'll backup the most recent modem.
    Here is the link to the T-Mobile 11.2.5.5 firmware modem images if anyone is interested.

Modem_a/_b are fastboot flashable.

Fastboot flash modem_a modem_a.img
    Fastboot flash modem_b modem_b.img
    Fastboot reboot

These can also be replaced in payload.bin firmware fastboot roms. Just extract via payload dumper, place these modem files into the rom, then fastboot flashall in fastbootd.