T-Mobile US / G710TM10N KDZ

Search This thread

culot

Oct 11, 2014
Bay
@Joe199799 Did you see this? @ChazzMatt Also @culot did you already try to install this and if so what was the result? Also, was not able to get this extracted/decompiled as well.

This was just pulled from LG Bridge as it updated my device.

No, I was not able to extract contents of the dz file. Someone could try to add the header info to that LG kdz python program on github maybe? A while back that used to be simple to accomplish.

Reactions: Dvalin21

Dvalin21

Nov 2, 2010
OKC
Guys here is the boot_a/b for the firmware you posted here. Thanks goes out to @runningnak3d who made updates to @emdroidle's work. (KDZ extractor: Here)Amazing work guys. boot_a/b

Update: Currently trying to upload the system_a/b folders already unpacked. Ill post the link as soon as its finished
Update System_a/b Here

Last edited:
Reactions: nexisnp and culot

danag94

Jan 21, 2013
Been lurking and leeching since my first android, trying to contribute on this G7, just upgraded to G710TM10N on this sim-locked G7, if I can provide anything to help anywhere. I can try to pull the same files if redundancy helps

Dvalin21

Nov 2, 2010
OKC
Been lurking and leeching since my first android, trying to contribute on this G7, just upgraded to G710TM10N on this sim-locked G7, if I can provide anything to help anywhere. I can try to pull the same files if redundancy helps

Thank you sir, see if you can try to pull the recovery.img. The firmware didnt seem to include one. I may try and download an older firmware and see if i can recover it from there instead. If everyone can help with this search, it could prove important.

mprovi_15

Dec 7, 2015
Recovery is included in boot_a, boot_b in system A/B phones which the LG G7 has. It is included there so phone can update without needing a reboot.

runningnak3d

Recognized Developer
Nov 10, 2010
Largo
Recovery is included in boot_a, boot_b in system A/B phones which the LG G7 has. It is included there so phone can update without needing a reboot.

While you are correct that recovery is in boot, it is not needed for the A/B updates. The only rational reason they stuck recovery in boot is to make our lives difficult. Also, not all A/B phones ditched the recovery partition, just the majority of phones with Qualcomm processors that use their reference abl.

FYI - the much easier way will be to incorporate TWRP into laf ... or just forgo download mode completely, and use the laf partition.

Lastly, now that I can decompile abl -- stay tuned for ablsploit (to be used in conjunction with lafsploit). I am not saying with certainty that it is possible yet, but I am feeling confident.

Oh, one last thing for real this time -- don't think about cross flashing ANY model G7. I have downloaded all available KDZs for each model, and LG got smart and they all have different RSA certs.

-- Brian

danag94

Jan 21, 2013
Thank you sir, see if you can try to pull the recovery.img. The firmware didnt seem to include one. I may try and download an older firmware and see if i can recover it from there instead. If everyone can help with this search, it could prove important.

I kept hitting security key issues, possibly due to my limited usage of adb and fastboot. My phone had already updated so I don't see the download anywhere, I guess to the A/B partition setup.

and good luck to you, runningnak3d

kumasi_kg

Sep 24, 2019
Guys I need help! can someone drop me a dump of LG g7 G710tm. just hardbricked neeed dump to revive my phone!!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is the latest T-Mobile US KDZ: G710TM10N.

Changelog only indicates November security update.

Download URL: here

Google Drive mirrors:
    - KDZ
    - DLL
    Guys here is the boot_a/b for the firmware you posted here. Thanks goes out to @runningnak3d who made updates to @emdroidle's work. (KDZ extractor: Here)Amazing work guys. boot_a/b

Update: Currently trying to upload the system_a/b folders already unpacked. Ill post the link as soon as its finished
    Update System_a/b Here

While you are correct that recovery is in boot, it is not needed for the A/B updates. The only rational reason they stuck recovery in boot is to make our lives difficult. Also, not all A/B phones ditched the recovery partition, just the majority of phones with Qualcomm processors that use their reference abl.

FYI - the much easier way will be to incorporate TWRP into laf ... or just forgo download mode completely, and use the laf partition.

Lastly, now that I can decompile abl -- stay tuned for ablsploit (to be used in conjunction with lafsploit). I am not saying with certainty that it is possible yet, but I am feeling confident.

Oh, one last thing for real this time -- don't think about cross flashing ANY model G7. I have downloaded all available KDZs for each model, and LG got smart and they all have different RSA certs.

-- Brian
    @Joe199799 Did you see this? @ChazzMatt

I did yes, I should say I keep up with this stuff and know a decent amount about the front end of Android but I'm f****ing clueless about the backend, all the information I've told people is just paraphrasing from other threads on here
    @Joe199799 Did you see this? @ChazzMatt Also @culot did you already try to install this and if so what was the result? Also, was not able to get this extracted/decompiled as well.

This was just pulled from LG Bridge as it updated my device.

No, I was not able to extract contents of the dz file. Someone could try to add the header info to that LG kdz python program on github maybe? A while back that used to be simple to accomplish.