[T-Mobile USA] Free SIM Unlocking Service - [OnePlus/Samsung/Google/LG/Moto]

Search This thread
Dec 30, 2020
If you get sprint to switch your sim out for a TMobile sim (already done), could you unlock it? Or does the phone have to be specifically from t mobile no matter what?

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2020
Had them unlock a OnePlus 8 a year ago, and now they've unlocked my OnePlus 9. Can 100% confirm they can unlock your phone.
Still got my oneplus 8. Was thinking about getting the 9, but only reason why I was thinking about it is because the cameras. But after Marques' video, I've kinda changed my mind.

Dec 30, 2020
**** it. It's not gonna happen. Think I'm leaving oneplus and going apple so I won't have to worry about being locked up and prevented from modding. Jailbreaking doesn't need to have a bootloader unlocked thank God.

mobbdeep

Sep 22, 2015
**** it. It's not gonna happen. Think I'm leaving oneplus and going apple so I won't have to worry about being locked up and prevented from modding. Jailbreaking doesn't need to have a bootloader unlocked thank God.

Your problem is with Sprint, not OnePlus or the manufacturer. Every carrier has a network policy which can be as little as 45 days and the device paid off all the way up to 180 days and the device paid off. However, I can bypass the 45 day network lock and your phone doesn't have to be paid off if you're on T-Mobile. Unfortunately, I don't have the necessary tools to bypass the Sprint network locks even though T-Mobile owns Sprint. A big issue is the T-Mobile Network Experience they introduced to Sprint devices and still keeping them two separate backend systems. The biggest mistake people are making right now is renewing leases or financing installments on their Sprint account which does nothing but extend how long you're stuck with Sprint and how restricted you are in general and this is because T-Mobile isn't encouraging Sprint -> T-Mobile migrations unless you specifically request it.

Alternatively, you can buy unlocked directly from OnePlus themselves and you'll be fine.

Reactions: jcsww

elliwigy

Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Staff member
XDA App Taskforce
  • Your problem is with Sprint, not OnePlus or the manufacturer. Every carrier has a network policy which can be as little as 45 days and the device paid off all the way up to 180 days and the device paid off. However, I can bypass the 45 day network lock and your phone doesn't have to be paid off if you're on T-Mobile. Unfortunately, I don't have the necessary tools to bypass the Sprint network locks even though T-Mobile owns Sprint. A big issue is the T-Mobile Network Experience they introduced to Sprint devices and still keeping them two separate backend systems. The biggest mistake people are making right now is renewing leases or financing installments on their Sprint account which does nothing but extend how long you're stuck with Sprint and how restricted you are in general and this is because T-Mobile isn't encouraging Sprint -> T-Mobile migrations unless you specifically request it.

Alternatively, you can buy unlocked directly from OnePlus themselves and you'll be fine.

I beg to differ.. sprint sold 5g phones starting with the S20 and newer are fully compatible with tmb network and use tmb sim etc..

I had a sprint s10 5G when they shut sprints 5g network down lol.. i complained and got some good deals on s20 5g devices which r compatible with tmb network if they upgrade their sim card to a tmb sim which tmb will do for free.

But agreed, having two separate systems is lame.. especially when you go to a tmb store and the reps scared to help you cuz they are new to sprints billing system lol then its down half the time.. then top it off im on a sprint employee plan which confuses them even more lmao. I reported two stores juat yesterday.. one said to come back in a month when hes more comfortable with sprint systems then another said his sprint systems were down.

Sprint used to ha e a terrible unlock process. As a QE for sprints acct services for over 4 years i had to audit reps calls and of course acct servuces being retention device unlock requests was a top call driver since ppl usually unlock their devices to move to another carrier so acct services would handle those.. of course theyd have to find out why and try to "save" them but in the end to unlock i believe timeframe was at least 50 days, acct in good standing (i.e. not past due) and device fully paid off.. they would the create a ticket which would then go to a back office team who would manually go in and unlock the device on the backend.. itd take days sometines weeks if they were backed up.

Right before the merger tho they changed the process.. cas reps had access to their unlock tool where they put the imei in and it checks if device is eligible or not and if so it unlocks it then and there.. if not it will tell them why it cant b unlocked.. wasnt any way to go in on the back end or bypass restrictions.. of course its possible but the back office team that did them all before became the ones who handle escalations when tool didnt do what it was supposed to do.

sprints flex leaae was a joke anyways lol.. ppl could pay on their phone indefinitely and still not own it lmao.. ppl were always mad..

to add, im surprised ur allowed to go in on the back end and unlock tmb devices outside of the requirements lol.. if i tried that on sprint i prolly woulda been fired 🤣

Reactions: mobbdeep
    Dec 30, 2020
    Your problem is with Sprint, not OnePlus or the manufacturer. Every carrier has a network policy which can be as little as 45 days and the device paid off all the way up to 180 days and the device paid off. However, I can bypass the 45 day network lock and your phone doesn't have to be paid off if you're on T-Mobile. Unfortunately, I don't have the necessary tools to bypass the Sprint network locks even though T-Mobile owns Sprint. A big issue is the T-Mobile Network Experience they introduced to Sprint devices and still keeping them two separate backend systems. The biggest mistake people are making right now is renewing leases or financing installments on their Sprint account which does nothing but extend how long you're stuck with Sprint and how restricted you are in general and this is because T-Mobile isn't encouraging Sprint -> T-Mobile migrations unless you specifically request it.

Alternatively, you can buy unlocked directly from OnePlus themselves and you'll be fin

Yeah, I know it's sprints problem. Just sucks that sprint has to be so damn picky with everything. I understand why, but ugh. And I know I could buy one from oneplus, but I don't have the kind of money to just go and buy a oneplus directly from them. Back in 2016 with their oneplus 3T I couldve afforded it. But definitely not now, with the prices coming in at 999, and base model $799.

I'd have to save pretty aggressively for that since I have my phone bill to pay, and rent. Which is high as ****.

Alternatively, I could just wait and find one refurbished on back market, or wait till the prices drop hella hard 3 years from now. That's how I was able to afford a oneplus 6T. But that's reached the end of updates. Same for the IPhone X I literally just got. I can't even afford a new IPhone unless I go to a plan on sprint, or get it from a refurbished market like that of back market.

Anyway, thanks for what you do. You are really helping everyone out. I hope you know I'm not coming at you with this stuff. I know you don't have the tools to bypass sprints stuff, so it's not your fault obviously.

Reactions: mobbdeep

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      All requests have been completed. Keep sending them in. You guys have been keeping me busy!!
      All unlock requests have been completed.

Also, for some reason, I cannot unlock the Samsung Galaxy A32. I apologize for the inconvenience.
      All requests are caught up. Keep sending them in!!
      Took care of it in no time! Thanks again for the help on my OP7PRO back in the day and now my OP9Pro on T-Mobile!! 😁👍

Thank you!
      Still doing unlocks!!
      Hello XDA,

I am back at it again with the free T-Mobile network unlocks. Yep, you heard that right... 100% FREE. This service will allow you to go into your Settings and perform a network unlock.

ATTN: IF YOU DO NOT MEET THE BELOW REQUIREMENTS OR READ THIS ENTIRE THREAD, DO NOT PM ME AND WAIST OUR TIME. YOU WILL BE IGNORED!

At this time, I cannot unlock the Galaxy A32.

Current turnaround time:
      ~1-3 days depending on how busy I am. Yes, I have a life outside of this.

Requirements:
      • Unlocking for T-Mobile OnePlus/Samsung/Google/LG/Moto US variants only.
      • Not eligible for MetroPCS, Sprint or other TMO subsidies.
      • Not eligible for Sprint users even though they merged.
      • Device must be on the network for AT LEAST 3 full calendar days.
      • Cannot be flashed to any international firmware.
      • Can be bought 3rd party but must be the T-Mobile variant and on the T-Mobile network.
      • If you meet the above requirements, PM the last name of the account holder and your phone number associated with said device.

Important Information:
      • Please keep in mind I get a lot of PM's regarding this so you will get a reply when yours has been completed. Do not send multiple requests.
      • If you make any SIM card changes, you will have to wait at least 3 days for me to be able to unlock your device.
      • Your device does NOT have to be paid off.
      • There is no 100% guarantee this will work. There could be a possibility of an unlock ineligibility.
      • The device MUST be one purchased from T-Mobile or a 3rd party but the T-Mobile variant; NOT OnePlus/Samsung themselves or a different carrier.
      • I cannot unlock with just an IMEI number or prepaid phones.

ERROR CODE = 255? See below..
      • Clear your network settings. Settings > System > Reset Options > Reset WiFi, Mobile, & Bluetooth.
      • Power cycle your device (turn it off and on).
      • Still doesn't work? PM me your phone number.
      • I may request you to simply direct message TMobileHelp on Twitter to whitelist your IMEI.

Plenty of vouches here from my OP7 / OP8 unlocking..

Feel free to donate below!

PayPal:
      https://PayPal.me/spdyhost
      CashApp: Given in PM by request.​
      I know you posted your threads to vouch but I will gladly give you a +1 here as well you helped me out in the past. If you ever are able to expand to Pixels I have a 4A 5G that I would love to unlock the bootloader on. Beyond that thanks for this awesome service you provide!

Drop me a PM and I'll take a look on Thursday. I won't be doing unlocks tomorrow but I'll be knocking everything out then. I don't see why I can't do it. If I can, then I'll update the thread and add the Pixel in on it too.

Ah nuts that's a nope for my Nord N10 5G on T-Mobile Metro... oh well I hope the drawer trick works in 6 months.

Sorry about that!

@mobbdeep I can't PM is it over already

PM me now, sorry. The last time I logged in here, this forum was on a different layout and older forum software so settings were moved around.

---

To those who were donating to request network unlocks while I stopped the service and you still need the unlock, PM me. I will be knocking the requests out starting Thursday.
      All requests have been completed. Keep sending them in. You guys have been keeping me busy!!
      I just wanted to post an update on the turnaround time right now. Due to the new OnePlus 9 & Samsung A series launching, the amount of requests I have gotten has doubled. I am doing my best to get them completed as quickly as possible. They should be all caught up tomorrow (4/9). Once your request is complete, you will get a response back from me.

Thank you all for your patience and not sending me more than one unlock request.
      Please unlock my oneplus 8
      Last name ********

You're supposed to PM me that information, not post it here publicly.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone