T-Mobile USA Z3 Pre-Order/Shipment Thread

Search This thread

Damented

Nov 29, 2008
Colorado Springs
Has anyone tried the pressure test on there phone yet by going into
**#*#7378423#*#* ? Wanted to see if the results differ that much from mine. I might exchange mine

Sent from my D6616 using XDA Free mobile app

CollinFX45

Nov 14, 2012
The wait until Wednesday is killing me. Anyone see this phone show up early in stores by chance? I've called a few and they all said no without checking in "the back" :)

-Collin-

newtothegame

Jun 26, 2009
Lakeville, MN
Has anyone tried the pressure test on there phone yet by going into
**#*#7378423#*#* ? Wanted to see if the results differ that much from mine. I might exchange mine

Sent from my D6616 using XDA Free mobile app

Mine goes from around 971Milibar up to around 976-978Milibar. If I open up one of the covers it doesn't change when I press. That was enough for me, I submerged it in my kids fish tank and filmed the goldfish!

outZider

Apr 27, 2009
The wait until Wednesday is killing me. Anyone see this phone show up early in stores by chance? I've called a few and they all said no without checking in "the back" :)

I got a store to admit they had stock, but then said they couldn't sell until Wednesday. I'm getting close to handing out bills.

Myst3ry

Jan 13, 2010
Santa Ana, CA
www.lopezfx.com
For those thinking about getting the Ringke Fusion Case, I just received mine.

I'm a fan of Ringke cases, and while I have no doubt that the Fusion case will add some protection to my Xperia Z3, I just feel like it takes away from the overall beauty of the phone. I ordered the Crystal Clear case.

Around the edges of the phone is a rubber type of plastic, which I like because it adds some grip, the back of the case is a harder type of plastic.

I'm gonna try to explain this the best way I can. The back side of the case, since its clear, you can see little scratches that the case has taken. Even permanent smudges or scratches I guess it received from production is an eye sore :(

I may order the darker Smoke Black version of this case just to see if can go with the phone as far as looks but right now, I'm not fond of the Crystal Clear case.

well damn... i was hoping it'd be good lol. i ordered it and received it already, and thought it was nice as it was! lol of course, i do not have my Z3 yet, so not sure how it will look on the phone... can you post somee pics by chance?

i wanted a case that didn't hide the beauty/look of the phone with some bad design/texture on the back or something, so i choose this, and i saw the smoke black, but thought it might look too cheasy/cheap having the edges be randomly darker that the rest of the case. I might just deal with it until i get tired of a case, I also got some RhinoShield screen protectors and with those i was hoping to get comfortable enough to just run it naked with front and back rhinoshields, and squaretrade ;)

compuguy1088

Jun 17, 2010
NoVA
www.compuguy1088.com
Anyone want first impressions? No? Well you're going to get them anyway.

As you guys can see from the pic I posted, I'm a phone nerd, have had a ton of them in the past few years. Ordered my Z2 from Clove the day it went on pre-sale in the UK and received it in mid May. Here are my thoughts.

- The weight is better. The Z2 was pretty hefty, not in a bad way, but definitely on the heavier side. The Z3 feels a bit better in the hand, not too light, but not overly heavy either. It also feels very solid.

- Build. I'm a bit surprised here but the build on the Z3 seems just a little bit better than the Z2. It's excellent. All of the seams are straight and even, there are no creaks or misalignment - anywhere. Very well crafted.

- Screen is definitely brighter than the Z2 but also has a bit of a blue cast. I'm really glad they have built in white balance control. Otherwise, the screen is awesome.

- I haven't put any music on yet, but I did make some test calls and the earpiece volume is great

- T-Mobile bloatware isn't terribly bad at all. Most, if not all of it can be disabled, including Lookout security (I hate this app)

- Shipping Firmware is the current firmware (23.0.D.1.1.123)

- Camera doesn't refresh as often as the Z2, but it's not a dealbreaker. I was actually a bit worried about this.

- Phone feels very snappy.

- Bootloader is definitely locked and not unlockable. It's also SIM locked

- The indicator on the Z2 was better. It's now a tiny circle in the corner.

Honestly I have the z2 already, not having the option of an unlockable bootloader is a disappointment!

Elysian893

Jan 27, 2010
I'm pretty annoyed the phone didn't ship with an advanced SIM for use with Softcard... The T-Mobile store doesn't have them in nano SIM fitment either...

CollinFX45

Nov 14, 2012
I got a store to admit they had stock, but then said they couldn't sell until Wednesday. I'm getting close to handing out bills.

I had a feeling this was the case, given the rushed "no, not until Wednesday" I got on the phone from several stores. Patience is not a virtue I have :)

-Collin-

Fermbiz

May 11, 2011
well damn... i was hoping it'd be good lol. i ordered it and received it already, and thought it was nice as it was! lol of course, i do not have my Z3 yet, so not sure how it will look on the phone... can you post somee pics by chance?

i wanted a case that didn't hide the beauty/look of the phone with some bad design/texture on the back or something, so i choose this, and i saw the smoke black, but thought it might look too cheasy/cheap having the edges be randomly darker that the rest of the case. I might just deal with it until i get tired of a case, I also got some RhinoShield screen protectors and with those i was hoping to get comfortable enough to just run it naked with front and back rhinoshields, and squaretrade ;)

Its kinda growing on my tell you the truth, but still...the back still bugs me a bit. Im at work. I'll try to take some pictures of it when I get home.

abhinav.tella

Jan 8, 2011
Minneapolis
I ordered a replacement cross shipping is not possible as its backordered again. At first they wanted $50 restocking fee, which I refused and they agreed. Apparently you can't exchange shipped phones at store. They are doing tax refund and recharging for a new device, as wanted a brand new device not refurbished.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Long time lurker first time poster.

Allow me to clear up how shipping works as there seems to be confusion. When T Mobile sends you those numbers they are generated from the T Mobile warehouse. The number wont have any info associated with it on the UPS side until it is physically at the UPS warehouse. So basically your phone is at Tmo warehouse ready to go. As soon as UPS scans it at their facility you will get your delivery estimates etc. I work for a company that does a lot of shipping. We have software that we use to get the packages ready for UPS and it sends tracking numbers to customers. The customers always complain to us that the numbers dont work. which they wont until we take the packages and the manifest to UPS. They scan it then the numbers go live as it where.

Hope that clears it up. I think I was a little redundant but I am in a hurry.

BTW. I did regular ground and I got my tracking number in a text ordered 11 am on the 15th. Tmo site still says back ordered for me. good luck fellas.
    Why no pics from anyone? Part of the excitement is the unboxing!

attachment.php
    Anyone want first impressions? No? Well you're going to get them anyway.

As you guys can see from the pic I posted, I'm a phone nerd, have had a ton of them in the past few years. Ordered my Z2 from Clove the day it went on pre-sale in the UK and received it in mid May. Here are my thoughts.

- The weight is better. The Z2 was pretty hefty, not in a bad way, but definitely on the heavier side. The Z3 feels a bit better in the hand, not too light, but not overly heavy either. It also feels very solid.

- Build. I'm a bit surprised here but the build on the Z3 seems just a little bit better than the Z2. It's excellent. All of the seams are straight and even, there are no creaks or misalignment - anywhere. Very well crafted.

- Screen is definitely brighter than the Z2 but also has a bit of a blue cast. I'm really glad they have built in white balance control. Otherwise, the screen is awesome.

- I haven't put any music on yet, but I did make some test calls and the earpiece volume is great

- T-Mobile bloatware isn't terribly bad at all. Most, if not all of it can be disabled, including Lookout security (I hate this app)

- Shipping Firmware is the current firmware (23.0.D.1.1.123)

- Camera doesn't refresh as often as the Z2, but it's not a dealbreaker. I was actually a bit worried about this.

- Phone feels very snappy.

- Bootloader is definitely locked and not unlockable. It's also SIM locked

- The indicator on the Z2 was better. It's now a tiny circle in the corner.
    I tweeted about this to @ askdes, here's his response:

https://twitter.com/askdes/status/524356348922695680

askdes said:
    *usually that means it's being shipped within 24 hours & at the end of the day tracking numbers get uploaded
    I see you are a former Sprint customer like me, did you also just switch or in the process?

I switched a long time ago and never looked back.

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

yeah, these orders are part of a pre-sale with the chance of getting the phone before it's available in store. and your honestly surprised, being on the forum you are on, we are getting antsy on when we can expect to get our phones? thanks for your informational input. :good:

Well here's some information..I order plenty of phones with T-Mobile and their process status and shipping status never changes. I've even gotten phones while the status stays the same.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone