[T110 / T111][BETA] Linux for Tab 3 Lite, PostMarketOS

Search This thread
Ok, so I initiated a service with the intend to run dhclient while boot to get ipv4 dhcp working as per this handbook:

The file looks as follows:

Code:
#!/sbin/openrc-run

#depend() {
#  (Dependency information)
need net
need wpa_cli
need wpa_supplicant
need udhcpd
#}

start() {
#  (Commands necessary to start the service)
/usr/sbin/dhclient
}

#stop() {
#  (Commands necessary to stop the service)
#}

The service does it's job, when I initiate it manually using: sudo service dhclient start, meaning an ipv4 address is available afterwards

However, it does not seem to be working during normal startup although I added it to the services to be started on default run-level: sudo rc-update add dhclient

I suspect that I missed a required dependency, but do not know which one.

Anyone here who can give me a hint?
run sudo rc-service (service) status after boot and see what it outputs

Feytell

Jul 5, 2022
hello guys
my device is T-111, i installed a port for lt023g. all works except wifi. from wiki for lt023g i
installed linux-firmware-mrvl but nothing changed! in ifconfig i see only usb conn and loopback, it dosent have a mlan0 help please~ sorry form my english

KK10_KK10

Jul 11, 2022
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Moto E5
📛Audio is not working yet.

Here's backup of my SDCard content.
You will need a Linux distro * to write it to your own SDCard, and a SDCard to insert into tablet, of course.
Use it with boot-postmarketOS_s1_n17.zip (added in OP) and it should work with n14 also, but n17 boots the OS directly without the telnet prompt, so you will can connect tablet to WiFi and connect with SSH directly, through WiFi or USB.

* You can also use VirtualBox like described all over thread, and don't forget to select your card reader.

You should partition SDCard according to the photo. You can use GParted to do this. pmOS_root can be bigger than this, it's not mandatory to be 6.98 GB.

Download the tar.gz archives into the Linux and then untar them to the newly created partitions.

Mirror:

Password for q is q

Code:
# Using Linux Terminal
# Find SDCard letter with lsblk
# Format SDCard
sudo parted -s /dev/sdb mktable msdos mkpart primary ext2 2048s 256M mkpart primary 256M 100% set 1 boot on
sudo mkfs.ext2 /dev/sdb1
sudo mkfs.ext4 -O ^has_journal /dev/sdb2
## Remove journal (skip)
## sudo tune2fs -O ^has_journal /dev/sdb1
## sudo tune2fs -O ^has_journal /dev/sdb2
# Label
sudo e2label /dev/sdb1 pmOS_boot
sudo e2label /dev/sdb2 pmOS_root
# mount the partitions
sudo mkdir /media/pmos_boot
sudo mkdir /media/pmos_root
# check partitions paths on GParted or lsblk command
sudo mount /dev/sdb1 /media/pmos_boot
sudo mount /dev/sdb2 /media/pmos_root
# assuming you got tar.gz archives in user home directory (e.g. osboxes)
cd ~/
# check if your tar.gz are in home with ls
ls
# untar them to the SDCard
cd /media/pmos_boot
sudo tar xpvzf ~/pmos_boot.tar.gz
cd /media/pmos_root
sudo tar xpvzf ~/pmos_root.tar.gz

Code:
sudo fdisk -l
Disk /dev/sdb: 14.84 GiB, 15931539456 bytes, 31116288 sectors
Disk model: Storage Device
Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
Disklabel type: dos
Disk identifier: 0xb63de8b9

Device     Boot  Start      End  Sectors  Size Id Type
/dev/sdb1  *      2048   499711   497664  243M 83 Linux
/dev/sdb2       499712 31115263 30615552 14.6G 83 Linux
Could, you help i restored from the backup and it says: "unable to mount root partition https://postmarketos.org/troubleshooting"
EDIT: Redid it and now it`s stuck loading

Last edited:

adryyy

Nov 3, 2012
Could, you help i restored from the backup and it says: "unable to mount root partition https://postmarketos.org/troubleshooting"
EDIT: Redid it and now it`s stuck loading
Use the flashable TWRP zip.
Getting started:

Version 2 include fix for IPV4 DHCP, as it wasn't worked properly in first version.

KK10_KK10

Jul 11, 2022
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Moto E5

secretgogeta

Apr 20, 2022
Hello, can you share the development status of pmos? Does the audio is fixed? I'm so happy that i can give a life on this tablet!

Codoci

Feb 10, 2014
Hello , i have a T111 it was working untill i did a factory reset and now i get errors on updating and opening the apps can i install the linux version ? i will use it just to play youtube for my 5 yo girl . Thanks in advance for the answer

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey, pmOS dev here. I got pointed here on Reddit, https://www.reddit.com/r/postmarketOS/comments/srg7gd
    Why has this port not been upstreamed? It would allow more users to enjoy this port than just the ones reading these XDA forums.
    Status: 🟩Booting into the OS; 🟩 Wi-Fi, display, touchscreen works; 🟩 PostmarketOS Wiki;

You will need an MicroSD Card formatted with FAT32 inserted into the tablet, preferably with at last 8gb of space.

Getting started:
    (1) -> You can install this recovery using "Install Image" option from "Install" menu.
    (1) -> ODIN version for this TWRP pmOS recovery image is here.
    (2) -> Password for user q is q.
    (2) -> This will not replace anything in /system or /data partition, only content on MicroSD and kernel boot.img.
    (2) -> You can revert easy to Android by flashing stock boot.img.

Sources:
    pmbootstrap init
    #Select .. -> Edge -> Samsung -> Goyawifi -> .. -> Mate | other options can be default values
    pmbootstrap build linux-samsung-goyawifi
    pmbootstrap build firmware-samsung-goyawifi

pmbootstrap install --android-recovery-zip --recovery-install-partition=external_sd
    pmbootstrap export

#Insert an FAT32 formatted MicroSD Card (preferably over 8GB) in the table then
    #Connect tablet using USB cable in
    #TWRP recovery mode using pmos_twrp-3.6.2_9-0-goya.img installed as recovery:
    adb push /tmp/postmarketOS-export/pmos-samsung-goyawifi.zip /sdcard
    flash pmos-samsung-goyawifi.zip using recovery "Install" menu, like any other ROM

#If you can't push the zip, just try to copy to the tablet using MTP or wireless and then
    #Flash using mentioned TWRP version

#Alternative, untested, sideload
    pmbootstrap flasher --method=adb sideload

What's working:
    • 🟩Build kernel from source
    • 🟩Kernel is loaded and working
    • 🟩OS is booting
    • 🟩SSH acces to OS though USB
    • 🟩Touchscreen works
    • 🟩Battery level reads correctly
    • 🟩Mate and Wayland Demo
    • 🟩Repack stock kernel with pmOS initramfs
    • 🟩Load the pmOS on MicroSD card
    • 🟩Compile pmOS with and without UI
    • 🟩Mount and chroot pmOS manually using telnet
    • 🟩Telnet access during init
    • 🟩Read and mounts SDCard partitions correctly
    • 🟩Pass extracting initramfs-extra
    • 🟩Can read kernel logs through UART *
    • 🟩Can telnet into init stage
    • 🟩Can SSH to OS
    What's not working:
    • 📛Boot the kernel from source
    • 📛HW Acceleration
    • 📛Boot-ing kernel build with pmbootstrap build
    • 📛Stuck at loading
    • 📛No ssh access
    • 📛Logs aren't written rc.conf
    • 📛Can't read kernel logs through UART *
    * UART Serial Debugging tested with 150Kohm, 530Kohm, 619Kohm ID to GND, 3.3V. RX/TX seem to work. See attached photos for adapter and Serial debugging:Cable schematics . Check also this YouTube playlist.

USB Network (Telnet, SSH) from Windows 10: info in post #3.

Alternatively to Telnet, SSH you can use a Linux machine, or to run some distribution (like Xubuntu) in VirtualBox and pass the USB SAMSUNG_Android [9999] to VirtualBox OS.

1634682969036.jpg
    IMG_20211025_172754.jpg
    USB-MicroUSB-Serial-JIG-Samsung-T110.jpg USB-MicroUSB-Serial-JIG-Samsung-T110-back.jpg

More info in post #3.

Getting started:
    Note: this will not wipe anything from your device. This doesn't contain any OS, just the pmOS init with stock Kernel. Read bellow to how install pmOS on MicroSD Card.

Revert to stock:

Start with OS from scratch:

In order to install pmOS on SDCard:

• Check pmOS "Installation guide"
    • After pmbootstrap init
    • Select as device Samsung -> lt023g
    • Follow guide to pmbootstrap install --sdcard=/dev/mmcblk
    I've made a tree for goyawifi also, but didn't uploaded it yet as I didn't manage to get it to work properly by compiling Kernel from source, it stuck at Samsung bootloader logo.

Debian guide coming soon, as I've found this Medium post. I try to get it to work.

As I've managed to boot pmOS, I don't think I'll try to run Debian, but you can try with pmOS and Debian on SDCard according to that Medium post. Should work.

The boot-postmarketOS_s1_n12.zip contains boot.img with kernel config CONFIG_DEVTMPFS = Y that seems to boot OS as SSH is working. Get the last updated version with all configs from above.
    1636649623347.png

Will be updating posts soon.
    HUGE UPDATES!!

It seems like this package has a LOT more than what ruben15prd has provided on GitHub (INCLUDING A GENERIC DEVICE TREE AND PROPER ALSALIB)! I'll upload as soon as I can.
    it seems like dhcp doesnt work without dhclient, you would have to make dhclient run on startup maybe an openrc service would work for this sorry i dont know how to make one though
    Thanks, no worries. I think my rusty linux know-how allows for finding out. :) I just thought, that this might be corrected by a setting or so.
    Many thanks for your help!