[T710/T715] LineageOS 15.1 (Experimental stuff)

Search This thread

mtnez.david

Jun 10, 2015
I haven't checked this script on t710 yet. Working mostly on t715 tablet. Thanks for fix.

@mtnez.david broken dependency. in treble vendor libs cant depend on platform libs. in this case camera hw lib depends on libcamera_client

So what come to my mind is: either copying libcamera_client.so inside vendor (im sure this won't work) ... or the clean way, looking what is needed from libcamera_client... have we access to the source of that?

Last edited:

mtnez.david

Jun 10, 2015
it is not simple as you described.
no, we dont have camera sources
I know, I wasn't trying to make it look simple....

Sent from my Aquaris M5 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

Normally, Samsung would have had to rebuild the vendor code without using platforms libraries... So in the first build, how did you compiled it?

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

I'm not android developer but I guess that not having camera source makes it impossible to fix...

mtnez.david

Jun 10, 2015

bonuzzz

Apr 1, 2005
@bonuzzz please tell me just one thing can I flash a GSI father flashing the treble build?

Gsi father? What you mean?
Anyway I found one major issue what could break any compatibility with other gsi builds unfortunately. But something like this was expecting as we dont have qualcomm hw.
Workaround how to boot phh lineage build I wrote in first post.

some explanations:
treble requires working hw gatekeeper service what we don't have even in stock rom and hw gatekeeper/keystore stuff doesn't work in aosp. Probably I missed something and I could skip this requirement, but for now I don't know any solutions.
And I doubt I could make full compatibility with gsi roms, because we have old hardware and old implementaions, we don't have snapdragon and we have some specific stuff like absent gatekeeper. But I need treble to separate platform and device development, decrease build time and save my time. universal builds have the same goal. And with treble will be easier to bring up android 9.

Last edited:
Reactions: igna.98

Androbots

Recognized Developer
  • Dec 8, 2014
    sourajitk.github.io
    Gsi father? What you mean?
    Anyway I found one major issue what could break any compatibility with other gsi builds unfortunately. But something like this was expecting as we dont have qualcomm hw.
    Workaround how to boot phh lineage build I wrote in first post.

some explanations:
    treble requires working hw gatekeeper service what we don't have even in stock rom and hw gatekeeper/keystore stuff doesn't work in aosp. Probably I missed something and I could skip this requirement, but for now I don't know any solutions.
    And I doubt I could make full compatibility with gsi roms, because we have old hardware and old implementaions, we don't have snapdragon and we have some specific stuff like absent gatekeeper. But I need treble to separate platform and device development, decrease build time and save my time. universal builds have the same goal. And with treble will be easier to bring up android 9.

That gsi father thing was just the damn auto correct XD I just meant GSI flashable

mtnez.david

Jun 10, 2015
    :) then the main things are working

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

What are then the following steps with this ROM, if there is any?

mtnez.david

Jun 10, 2015
    Could I help with something? My android development skills are maybe not advanced but maybe there is something I can do...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      These are my experimental builds. They are not pretend to be stable and have a lot of issues. Flash it if you know how to restore your tablet from brick. This stuff is not for daily usage. Just for testing and helping me to find bugs.
      Feel free to write your feedback about builds.
      I will upload roms for t710 and t715 only. Don't ask about t81x roms here please.

if you don't know how to flash recovery or flash rom, this topic is not for you.

compatible twrp:
      T710: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1F-RA6OEXpWSJx2LgxsRKum2KoROGrIhd
      T715: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Icux5fPJqxDveYAjvMWASnfUpfWzO4xj

rom:
      t710 only: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-abtJDh5CbnC2ijCoAL8AdVHzP47hfCe

I'm trying to make compatibility with phh gsi builds., but for now I have error with composer. To run his builds is dirty hack: replace /system/lib/libsurcafeflinger*.so two libs from my working build.

sources:
      http://github.com/bonuzzz
      one more build for today
      https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cIV5WN-VZUngamcNCQCNZfHS_BDIMO_W
      this universal build for both models (t710 and t715)
      modem stuff doesn't work here. I haven't included in config yet, but all sensors should work.
      Hello, thanks for those builds! I've been trying your lineage 15.1 ROM and I think everything is working there already. So I'll start testing these ones now... Is there something in particular you want me to logcat?

if you want something to test, there is new build https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Mu-XjXbskSXzft11onGL3mrY_I1llVKX
      no. it replaces some parameters in build.prop
      will check later

ok, so you are writing into the /system/build.prop my device atributes (model, device name, stuff ...). I guess you do that there in order to have same build for both t710 and t715, am i right?

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

no. it replaces some parameters in build.prop
      will check later

So in this line:

sed -i 's/.*ro.build.fingerprint.*/ro.build.fingerprint=samsung/gts28wifixx/gts28wifi:7.0/NRD90M/T710XXU2DRB1:user/release-keys/' /system/build.prop

I suppose you're trying to replace the "ro.build.fingerprint=samsung/lineage ... " with "ro.build.fingerprint=samsung/gts28wifixx/gts28wifi:7.0/NRD90M/T710XXU2DRB1:user/release-keys" but I think sed can not understand that ... don't you have to scape the "/" stuff on your string there?

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

in any case the '/' in the substituting expression crashes, I just tested it :)

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

ok, so you are writing into the /system/build.prop my device atributes (model, device name, stuff ...). I guess you do that there in order to have same build for both t710 and t715, am i right?

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

So in this line:

sed -i 's/.*ro.build.fingerprint.*/ro.build.fingerprint=samsung/gts28wifixx/gts28wifi:7.0/NRD90M/T710XXU2DRB1:user/release-keys/' /system/build.prop

I suppose you're trying to replace the "ro.build.fingerprint=samsung/lineage ... " with "ro.build.fingerprint=samsung/gts28wifixx/gts28wifi:7.0/NRD90M/T710XXU2DRB1:user/release-keys" but I think sed can not understand that ... don't you have to scape the "/" stuff on your string there?

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

in any case the '/' in the substituting expression crashes, I just tested it :)

So this works:
      sed -i 's/.*ro.build.fingerprint.*/ro.build.fingerprint=samsung\/gts28wifixx\/gts28wifi:7.0\/NRD90M\/T710XXU2DRB1:user\/release-keys/' /system/build.prop
      sed -i 's/.*ro.vendor.build.fingerprint.*/ro.build.fingerprint=samsung\/gts28wifixx\/gts28wifi:7.0\/NRD90M\/T710XXU2DRB1:user\/release-keys/' /system/vendor/build.prop
      I haven't checked this script on t710 yet. Working mostly on t715 tablet. Thanks for fix.

You're welcome, that's what this thread is about ... :good: