[T820][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.1 20180301 (ABANDONED)

Search This thread

HACK3DANDR0ID

May 25, 2017
New Jersey
Not sure if anyone is interested but i got Kali Nethunter to install and at least get the boot animatiion and i got chroot directory :) If anyone is interested, i shall update, if not, so i wasted your time...

Reactions: Jsilver73

bonuzzz

Apr 1, 2005
Which gapps should I use with this build?

arm64 7.1. all variants except tv stock

Everything seems to be working ok but it has really bad standby drain.

unfortunately yes...

I have been using the arm64 stock opengapps. The T825 Lineage OS thread discusses this a litte more then this thread does.

On another note, it appears that fast charging is not enabled in this build.

aosp doesn't have switches to turn on/turn off fast charge. fast charge is always turned on.

joshnat

Jul 20, 2006
I'm not noticing a significant difference in standby battery use, but I only had the tab for a few weeks before flashing LOS. The only minor bug I've noticed is when you long press power for the torch, the torch notification can't be dismissed, whether the torch is off or on. A reboot makes it go away.

HACK3DANDR0ID

May 25, 2017
New Jersey
The only problem i have been having, which really isnt a problem, but about every minute or so if the device is sitting on the charger or just sitting not being used, the screen flickers...

joshnat

Jul 20, 2006
Today I experienced pretty significant lag when writing with the S-pen. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it the same on the stock ROM (I don't remember having much lag)?

coughingskunk

Aug 26, 2013
For what its worth, I use this rom daily for note taking and general web stuff and have seen no graphical glitches and no lag with the s-pen. Only major things I've seen are the s-pen orientation is always in portrait mode regardless of the orientation of the device and major standby drain.

Last edited:

joshnat

Jul 20, 2006
For what its worth, I use this rom daily for note taking and general web stuff and have seen no graphical glitches and no lag with the s-pen. Only major things I've seen are the s-pen orientation is always in portrait mode regardless of the orientation of the device and major standby drain.
Found out my S pen lag was the app I was using, Lecture Notes. I've used it for years on all kinds if tablets without problems. OneNote seems to work without lag.

joshnat

Jul 20, 2006
Now I am seeing battery drain in standby. Looks like kernel wakelocks keeping it awake all the time. Looking forward to the next version.

HACK3DANDR0ID

May 25, 2017
New Jersey
flash with twrp form link below. Unfortunately Twrp from @ashyx doesn't work here because of incorrect links to partitions in recovery.

Download:
20180301 https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Uir7ey1LTHaNLawgtryuOSYcTpBBEOQA

Twrp 3.2.0.1:
img: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Y3qpcaIrldXGm7IK_26eVoeEUAG3IECM
tar (for odin): https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zxYLewvrvfgOM6Snxe1bo2gZMTKkJ34d

Quick Question, is your TWRP strickly for LOS, or should we use your TWRP for other ROMs too?

bonuzzz

Apr 1, 2005
Quick Question, is your TWRP strickly for LOS, or should we use your TWRP for other ROMs too?
It depends on how is made installer of exact rom. for example superr kitchen's installer has script to determine partitions and that installer doesn't have problems nor with my twrp, nor with ashyx. I cant to do the same in lineageos installer, so when used ashyx twrp, i had to edit paths every time when I wanted to flash build. It was very annoying, so I had to make own twrp.

HACK3DANDR0ID

May 25, 2017
New Jersey
It depends on how is made installer of exact rom. for example superr kitchen's installer has script to determine partitions and that installer doesn't have problems nor with my twrp, nor with ashyx. I cant to do the same in lineageos installer, so when used ashyx twrp, i had to edit paths every time when I wanted to flash build. It was very annoying, so I had to make own twrp.

O ok, well thanks for the explanation...

samsuffit

Dec 12, 2017
I put it off before to go to bed or the battery is empty in the morning. And I miss the S-Pen...

Thanks anyway.

To be free in a harsh world is better than to be a slave in a gold palace. Or something like that.

HardWorker79

Jan 10, 2018
I have a problem after flashing twrp-3.2.0.1 and lineage + gapps. When starting Lineage, the tablet says "Encryption unsuccessful". It wants a factory reset. I would love to do so, but twrp seems to be unable to wipe any partition I try. What can I do here? How can I wipe the partitions, so lineage can start?

HardWorker79

Jan 10, 2018
I have a problem after flashing twrp-3.2.0.1 and lineage + gapps. When starting Lineage, the tablet says "Encryption unsuccessful". It wants a factory reset. I would love to do so, but twrp seems to be unable to wipe any partition I try. What can I do here? How can I wipe the partitions, so lineage can start?

OK, I solved it on my own. I just had to allow twrp to mount the partitions. My fault. Sorry for asking stupid questions

Reactions: cam30era

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone