T95 Allwinner H616 TV Box

Search This thread

F0L

May 27, 2012
www.ultimateamiga.co.uk
Just thought I would post regarding this box. Not much information on it.
I bought on a whim without realising the one thing I wanted was missing (Bluetooth). However the box has grown on me.
Its powered by the new Allwinner H616 Chip. However its performance sucks. For some reason they have forced CPU to 1.4GHz all the time. No point in my opinion, it just causes it to heat up for no reason.

Anyways, it comes fully rooted. I did try and install SuperSU, ended up killing root. So I reflashed it using usb flasher. There is also a new firmware update, which shows when doing wireless update.
Firmware released is 10.1.12, update takes it up to 10.1.14. So I did update and then factory reset to start fresh. The only problem is, rom is such a mess. App folders every where and system is filled to 100%. I deleted bloat in /system/pre-install folder.

I stopped rooting stuff years ago, so Magisk is newish to me. I thought I would try Magisk manager. Worked great, was able to install Magisk. From then on all root apps worked as I was able to set root access, which is something I could not do before. I also installed kernel auditor and set read ahead on and tweaked the build.prop. This helped speed it up, now stuff like Emulators no longer jerk and stutter.

One downside, Prime video does not work, you have to use Amazon Video (which is their browser alternative).

So hope this helps anyone with the same box.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3mel and Nawual

nziaad

Mar 17, 2011
Hi. Can you please share your firmware file as my android box stops working after 5 minutes. I have tried to do a factory reset but it did not help.

Nawual

Apr 18, 2011
New firmware version: 10.1.X18 (Jun 24 2020).
Tested and working.

Changes found:
More CPU frequencies (480Mhz-1512Mhz)
Root switch
Device name changed to "MBox"

"https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h2MCPxSzkIC1MebgkNlj709yndOhkt5p/view"

Hi
Thanks for the file. I dont know how i can install it.
Where can i find a tuto?

May 17, 2011
Can any one send the default cleaner apk file link, i factory reset my box and debloat all apps.

---------- Post added at 01:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 AM ----------

Mic not working. How we use bluetooth headphones for zoom meetings?

webipsum

Nov 12, 2013
Yes, I was. I installed another launcher like the ATV launcher. Made that the default launcher and then disabled the aclie ux through adb using "adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 <package_to_disable>".
@alienhead95
I installed SMART Launcher, but every time I restart TANIX TX6s Alice UX returns as the default launcher.
I did a test forcing to uninstall ALICE UX but the TX6s didn't boot anymore.
I decided to apply the firmware again. I never used ADB SHELL commands manually. I'll read about it.
Very grateful for the tip.
If you have any tutorial ...
:good:

See my post:
[TX6s] Android TV Box - Alice UX - Launcher Change Help?

Last edited:

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
I tried magisk manager, loaded on an old version sitting on a memory card and updated it, then I flashed 20.4 magisk with it and both are showing as installed and up-to-date. I still haven't seen any root dialogue and magiskSU is blank. so... do I have 2 root solutions on my device at the same time, one system pre-installed and one systemless ?

EDIT: turning off the root switch and rebooting allowed magisk to pick up the remaining root apps that had superSU through the built-in root. it also allowed adaway to finally install systemless hosts.

turn off root if you flashed magisk via magisk manager don't be a numbskull like me.

I'd be happier if I had TWRP onboard, is there a way to achieve this currently ?

---------- Post added at 08:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 AM ----------

@alienhead95
Did you manage to do this?: replace/disable Alice UX?
Tks.

installing titanium from the playstore I was able to freeze the stock ATV YouTube app and replace it with YouTube Vanced 14.21.54 (no more adverts, but tricky navigation) so if Alice is the launchers name freezing that should work with titanium. I watched a video review and using other android TV launchers, works just fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: webipsum

boloksbongas

Jan 3, 2014
I know this is an old thread, but can anyone assist with the TWRP recovery .IMG for the above box or for the H40 Allwinner H616 box..

I need it to temporarily boot into recovery to flash magisk but can't seem to find it anywhere.

PS I have the ZIP but do not want to permanently flash it....

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
use Magisk Manager to install Magisk, the box is already rooted so this can work.
AFAIK there is no TWRP for this device, nor any roms. we'd need to be passing around a collection plate for donations to a Dev before we were likely to see anything.

boloksbongas

Jan 3, 2014
Mine is a H40 ....

Same chipset / board, however mine says it's not rooted. I know this rom works on my box, sm1s tested it. How ever all I need is magisk working, so I can fix the gplay certification error. I have apps that need it to work...

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
Mine is a H40 ....

Same chipset / board, however mine says it's not rooted. I know this rom works on my box, sm1s tested it. How ever all I need is magisk working, so I can fix the gplay certification error. I have apps that need it to work...

check settings / device preferences / about /... see if you have an option called root switch which must toggle root access on and off.

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
has anyone here tried Edxposed and can report that it works OK ?
I don't have a PC to reflash the device if it goes wrong but I need to get minmin guard onboard as I passionately hate intrusive ads.

if you do have it working which version of Rirucore did you use ?

DON'T USE EDXPOSED both YAHFA and SandHook latest versions lead to a soft brick!

YAHFA let's you get a lot further into the process, but activating 3 modules was enough to ''corrupt'' the rom.
now it's either factory reset or try removing files via ADB on a borrowed laptop. I've suffered so that you don't have to. God I miss TWRP.

Last edited:

Zesam

Nov 1, 2018
Stockholm
Hi!
I tried flash T95's firmware (because of root) i Transpeed h616 (no root), has same device-specification, but It doesn't boot.
Do you know why? Shall I unlock boot-loader first? If yes then fastboot oem unlock works?
Thanks

I tried magisk manager, loaded on an old version sitting on a memory card and updated it, then I flashed 20.4 magisk with it and both are showing as installed and up-to-date. I still haven't seen any root dialogue and magiskSU is blank. so... do I have 2 root solutions on my device at the same time, one system pre-installed and one systemless ?

EDIT: turning off the root switch and rebooting allowed magisk to pick up the remaining root apps that had superSU through the built-in root. it also allowed adaway to finally install systemless hosts.

turn off root if you flashed magisk via magisk manager don't be a numbskull like me.

I'd be happier if I had TWRP onboard, is there a way to achieve this currently ?

---------- Post added at 08:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 AM ----------

installing titanium from the playstore I was able to freeze the stock ATV YouTube app and replace it with YouTube Vanced 14.21.54 (no more adverts, but tricky navigation) so if Alice is the launchers name freezing that should work with titanium. I watched a video review and using other android TV launchers, works just fine.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Transpeed T98-616
    If you want custom rom with root and update 2020.10.21 the room fully working :) its better then stock some memory optimization was done .
    Flash with PhoenixSuit_V1.10
    First change language from russian to english and then connect to the internet run magisk tv box will reboot
    Creators of the room bosia_angel and VPS56:

Download here
    Just google "Allwiner update guide"
    Best with Allwinner PhoenixUSB Pro V4.0.0 tool (You need a usb-A to usb-A cable)
    Just thought I would post regarding this box. Not much information on it.
    I bought on a whim without realising the one thing I wanted was missing (Bluetooth). However the box has grown on me.
    Its powered by the new Allwinner H616 Chip. However its performance sucks. For some reason they have forced CPU to 1.4GHz all the time. No point in my opinion, it just causes it to heat up for no reason.

Anyways, it comes fully rooted. I did try and install SuperSU, ended up killing root. So I reflashed it using usb flasher. There is also a new firmware update, which shows when doing wireless update.
    Firmware released is 10.1.12, update takes it up to 10.1.14. So I did update and then factory reset to start fresh. The only problem is, rom is such a mess. App folders every where and system is filled to 100%. I deleted bloat in /system/pre-install folder.

I stopped rooting stuff years ago, so Magisk is newish to me. I thought I would try Magisk manager. Worked great, was able to install Magisk. From then on all root apps worked as I was able to set root access, which is something I could not do before. I also installed kernel auditor and set read ahead on and tweaked the build.prop. This helped speed it up, now stuff like Emulators no longer jerk and stutter.

One downside, Prime video does not work, you have to use Amazon Video (which is their browser alternative).

So hope this helps anyone with the same box.
    Here is the latest firmware with working Wifi

T95-H616-A24

Well I don't or can not explain where got this you know after about 20 tries of different methods using other roms ect I ran across this. T95-H616-A25.img and i said what the hell stuck inthe old tooth pick and it completed which was a shock. So all i did was toggle Root switch and installed a X-plore file manager and sure enough I get into root. Now I am tired i can not tell you if all of BT dual wifi ect works I can say for sure it does load up with usb 4.0 and you do get root.

T95-H616-A25.img = https://mega.nz/file/K8423QyD#0hO5-fR8gm5RUIoENVxwuzYVZv46paOOowFKZVaarKE

I take it back I looked through web history and I found it here "https://www.turewell.com/pages/tvbox-document"
    Can you confirm that the A24 is a chipset version? Because the firmware has different letters and numbers (X18, X19, A21, A24, etc.) and the names Pixel2/MBOX.

This firmware "T95-H616-A24" is 10.1.A24_20210315-1615 and is designed for 2GB/16GB. I don't have 5G WiFi, so I can't confirm if it's for the Dual WiFi version. Version A21 does not work on my device. I have 4GB/64GB with Dual Wifi and firmware was 10.1.A24_20210315-2036 MBOX. This "1615" have slower WiFi speed on 2,4Ghz.

Has anyone tried to investigate where the update system will connect? So you can download the latest original firmware from the manufacturer? How do I identify the device manufacturer if it is not displayed on it? I need original firmware for my device.
    I have this box on magisk 20.4 direct install T95 h616-10.01.14. X18

Have had it for while now it works well with all the apps gms store etc using magisk hide. I will dig out the firmware and post for anyone who wants it. Decent firmware with build.prop tweaks etc applied.

Originally posted by @3mel here is an updated link to T95 MBOX 06.24.20.X18 ROM With Magisk 20.4 just update manager app if need be.

I've found this to be the best firmware for this box, there is a root switch in settings>about menu
    Leave this be as magisk will work with things like adaway because it has system less root.