T95 Allwinner H616 TV Box

Search This thread

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
QUESTION...

do other users of this box intermittently get jumps in output resolution or the scaling to their TV ?

I've had it about 4 times since getting this box with weeks inbetween of normal performance. watching YouTube or a movie player and suddenly the aspect ratio jumps to a more cropped in image. the rest of the UI is equally effected until it fixes itself or I go into settings / display and correct it.

is it just me ?

jremr

Nov 24, 2020
Need adb Driver.

Yes, I was. I installed another launcher like the ATV launcher. Made that the default launcher and then disabled the aclie ux through adb using "adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 <package_to_disable>".

Hello alienhead95,

I realize you posted this in May, but I hope you'll see it and reply. In this post you mention that you used adb and adb shell with this box. Would you please rell me where I can find this driver. I've searched and found many, but none work.

My cable works fine, but when I execute the "adb devices" command, my device is not detected. Thanks!

jremr

Nov 24, 2020
@jremr would a terminal app work for you ?

Hello 3mel,

I don't know. I don't think I've ever used one. I'm trying to execute an adb command to allow me to access the Security and Global tables in this box. Can a terminal app allow me to execute the command(s)? If it can, would you please recommend one? Thanks.

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
Hello 3mel,

I don't know. I don't think I've ever used one. I'm trying to execute an adb command to allow me to access the Security and Global tables in this box. Can a terminal app allow me to execute the command(s)? If it can, would you please recommend one? Thanks.

to the best of my tiny knowledge, terminal let's you run shell type commands just the same as ADB but it needs root to access some stuff (which this box does have). there are plenty of options on Play Store if you type terminal into the search. there must be threads here also about the commands you need. sorry it's not really my thing but I remember using it to run some lines because I didn't have a PC for ADB.

edit: these boxes, particularly ones running android 10 are most likely to protected or read only in places. only a magisk module can get around some of that.

Last edited:

jremr

Nov 24, 2020
to the best of my tiny knowledge, terminal let's you run shell type commands just the same as ADB but it needs root to access some stuff (which this box does have). there are plenty of options on Play Store if you type terminal into the search. there must be threads here also about the commands you need. sorry it's not really my thing but I remember using it to run some lines because I didn't have a PC for ADB.

edit: these boxes, particularly ones running android 10 are most likely to protected or read only in places. only a magisk module can get around some of that.

Hello 3mel,

Thanks for the reply. Immediately following my first reply to you, I researched terminal apps, as you suggested, and found the "Remote ADB Shell" app, developed by cgutman. I used the app with a WiFi adb app and removed the Google security feature successfully. Your suggestion was great!

Because my ultimate objective is to add VPN settings to the box, I then used the "Settings Database Editor" app to "add" VPN Settings. I "added" three VPN settings. While the "settings" I entered are in the "Secure" and "System" tables, I still cannot access/enable the "Always on VPN" setting as well as other related settings.

Any ideas on how to add VPN settings to the box? Thanks.

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
Hello 3mel,

Thanks for the reply. Immediately following my first reply to you, I researched terminal apps, as you suggested, and found the "Remote ADB Shell" app, developed by cgutman. I used the app with a WiFi adb app and removed the Google security feature successfully. Your suggestion was great!

Because my ultimate objective is to add VPN settings to the box, I then used the "Settings Database Editor" app to "add" VPN Settings. I "added" three VPN settings. While the "settings" I entered are in the "Secure" and "System" tables, I still cannot access/enable the "Always on VPN" setting as well as other related settings.

Any ideas on how to add VPN settings to the box? Thanks.

from a technical standpoint you are considerably more knowledgeable than I am, I have no direct suggestions to make save for one.

I mentioned that magisk modules can be used to create overlays of system stuff that's normally not accessible. if someone has made a magisk module for running scripts of some kind maybe that can help you.

honestly I don't know if such a thing exists, and a magisk module can brick this device if it doesn't go well.

if a terminal app allows you to create a backup or system dump some how that might be a good idea if you don't want to do a factory reset.

sorry I don't have the skills to be more helpful.

Reactions: bigjoe3570

jremr

Nov 24, 2020
from a technical standpoint you are considerably more knowledgeable than I am, I have no direct suggestions to make save for one.

I mentioned that magisk modules can be used to create overlays of system stuff that's normally not accessible. if someone has made a magisk module for running scripts of some kind maybe that can help you.

honestly I don't know if such a thing exists, and a magisk module can brick this device if it doesn't go well.

if a terminal app allows you to create a backup or system dump some how that might be a good idea if you don't want to do a factory reset.

sorry I don't have the skills to be more helpful.

Hello 3mel,

Thank you very much for your help. Thanks for the majisk insight. In the end, I think I'll have to identify the VPN settings app(s), e.g. VPN Dialogs and/or the main Settings.db, potentially modify them and copy them into the box. I expect, however, that the details will be important. Nevertheless, I think, with the help of others, I can get there. Thanks again for your help.

I have this box on magisk 20.4 direct install T95 h616-10.01.14. X18

Have had it for while now it works well with all the apps gms store etc using magisk hide. I will dig out the firmware and post for anyone who wants it. Decent firmware with build.prop tweaks etc applied.

Originally posted by @3mel here is an updated link to T95 MBOX 06.24.20.X18 ROM With Magisk 20.4 just update manager app if need be.

I've found this to be the best firmware for this box, there is a root switch in settings>about menu
Leave this be as magisk will work with things like adaway because it has system less root.

Last edited:

Scofbest

Dec 15, 2020

Have had it for while now it works well with all the apps gms store etc using magisk hide. I will dig out the firmware and post for anyone who wants it. Decent firmware with build.prop tweaks etc applied.

Originally posted by @3mel here is an updated link to T95 MBOX 06.24.20.X18 ROM With Magisk 20.4 just update manager app if need be.

I've found this to be the best firmware for this box, there is a root switch in settings>about menu
Leave this be as magisk will work with things like adaway because it has system less root.

Hey bro, i want to ask you if you have this firmware modded as you said. Thank you bro

Great!
Bro i have seen that this model hasn't bluetooth. It isn't essential for me but to use bluetooth headphone sometime it can be a confort. Do you know if T95 has bluetooth extension in the firmware for external adapter? If no is there something to add it?

I'm sure it is doable the way you say , maybe head over to 4pda or freaktab and trawl through some of the archives as these types of boxes are covered a lot more there and you may find a zip file containing drivers more than likely.

Reactions: Scofbest

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Transpeed T98-616
    If you want custom rom with root and update 2020.10.21 the room fully working :) its better then stock some memory optimization was done .
    Flash with PhoenixSuit_V1.10
    First change language from russian to english and then connect to the internet run magisk tv box will reboot
    Creators of the room bosia_angel and VPS56:

Download here
    Just google "Allwiner update guide"
    Best with Allwinner PhoenixUSB Pro V4.0.0 tool (You need a usb-A to usb-A cable)
    Just thought I would post regarding this box. Not much information on it.
    I bought on a whim without realising the one thing I wanted was missing (Bluetooth). However the box has grown on me.
    Its powered by the new Allwinner H616 Chip. However its performance sucks. For some reason they have forced CPU to 1.4GHz all the time. No point in my opinion, it just causes it to heat up for no reason.

Anyways, it comes fully rooted. I did try and install SuperSU, ended up killing root. So I reflashed it using usb flasher. There is also a new firmware update, which shows when doing wireless update.
    Firmware released is 10.1.12, update takes it up to 10.1.14. So I did update and then factory reset to start fresh. The only problem is, rom is such a mess. App folders every where and system is filled to 100%. I deleted bloat in /system/pre-install folder.

I stopped rooting stuff years ago, so Magisk is newish to me. I thought I would try Magisk manager. Worked great, was able to install Magisk. From then on all root apps worked as I was able to set root access, which is something I could not do before. I also installed kernel auditor and set read ahead on and tweaked the build.prop. This helped speed it up, now stuff like Emulators no longer jerk and stutter.

One downside, Prime video does not work, you have to use Amazon Video (which is their browser alternative).

So hope this helps anyone with the same box.
    Here is the latest firmware with working Wifi

T95-H616-A24

Well I don't or can not explain where got this you know after about 20 tries of different methods using other roms ect I ran across this. T95-H616-A25.img and i said what the hell stuck inthe old tooth pick and it completed which was a shock. So all i did was toggle Root switch and installed a X-plore file manager and sure enough I get into root. Now I am tired i can not tell you if all of BT dual wifi ect works I can say for sure it does load up with usb 4.0 and you do get root.

T95-H616-A25.img = https://mega.nz/file/K8423QyD#0hO5-fR8gm5RUIoENVxwuzYVZv46paOOowFKZVaarKE

I take it back I looked through web history and I found it here "https://www.turewell.com/pages/tvbox-document"
    Can you confirm that the A24 is a chipset version? Because the firmware has different letters and numbers (X18, X19, A21, A24, etc.) and the names Pixel2/MBOX.

This firmware "T95-H616-A24" is 10.1.A24_20210315-1615 and is designed for 2GB/16GB. I don't have 5G WiFi, so I can't confirm if it's for the Dual WiFi version. Version A21 does not work on my device. I have 4GB/64GB with Dual Wifi and firmware was 10.1.A24_20210315-2036 MBOX. This "1615" have slower WiFi speed on 2,4Ghz.

Has anyone tried to investigate where the update system will connect? So you can download the latest original firmware from the manufacturer? How do I identify the device manufacturer if it is not displayed on it? I need original firmware for my device.