T95 Allwinner H616 TV Box

Search This thread

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
I used Magisk 22.1 using direct install method
have you read the instructions ? no offence but magisk works VERY differently now. I would try version 21.4 and it's matching manager app and forget v22+ unless you have a way to open the .img file so you can extract the boot.img for patching

Here is the latest firmware with working Wifi

T95-H616-A24

Well I don't or can not explain where got this you know after about 20 tries of different methods using other roms ect I ran across this. T95-H616-A25.img and i said what the hell stuck inthe old tooth pick and it completed which was a shock. So all i did was toggle Root switch and installed a X-plore file manager and sure enough I get into root. Now I am tired i can not tell you if all of BT dual wifi ect works I can say for sure it does load up with usb 4.0 and you do get root.

T95-H616-A25.img = https://mega.nz/file/K8423QyD#0hO5-fR8gm5RUIoENVxwuzYVZv46paOOowFKZVaarKE

I take it back I looked through web history and I found it here "https://www.turewell.com/pages/tvbox-document"

Last edited:

amyli8789

Dec 18, 2020
Well I don't or can not explain where got this you know after about 20 tries of different methods using other roms ect I ran across this. T95-H616-A25.img and i said what the hell stuck inthe old tooth pick and it completed which was a shock. So all i did was toggle Root switch and installed a X-plore file manager and sure enough I get into root. Now I am tired i can not tell you if all of BT dual wifi ect works I can say for sure it does load up with usb 4.0 and you do get root.

T95-H616-A25.img = https://mega.nz/file/K8423QyD#0hO5-fR8gm5RUIoENVxwuzYVZv46paOOowFKZVaarKE

I take it back I looked through web history and I found it here "https://www.turewell.com/pages/tvbox-document"
can you upload the image file to google drive because I'm getting the "Limited available transfer quota" message in your link

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

T95-H616-A24

Can you confirm that the A24 is a chipset version? Because the firmware has different letters and numbers (X18, X19, A21, A24, etc.) and the names Pixel2/MBOX.

This firmware "T95-H616-A24" is 10.1.A24_20210315-1615 and is designed for 2GB/16GB. I don't have 5G WiFi, so I can't confirm if it's for the Dual WiFi version. Version A21 does not work on my device. I have 4GB/64GB with Dual Wifi and firmware was 10.1.A24_20210315-2036 MBOX. This "1615" have slower WiFi speed on 2,4Ghz.

Has anyone tried to investigate where the update system will connect? So you can download the latest original firmware from the manufacturer? How do I identify the device manufacturer if it is not displayed on it? I need original firmware for my device.
    Those boxes are a nightmare 🤦🏻‍♂️

Does anyone know how to unpack and edit the firmware so I can preload some apps etc?

Im also failing to get the boot animation to change 🤷‍♂️
    I think they only way to edit system partitions on android 10 up is via ADB or like you planned, via flashing. technically speaking magisk works too but I don't think that's what you're looking for.
    you're on the right site to find guides about building a rom but it definitely won't be in this forum. maybe there are some commands in terminal that can create a dump, I'm guessing though, this is outside my experience. what you want seems like it should be doable. DON'T GIVE UP

very old guide, maybe read and ask if any of this is still meaningful.

T95-H616-A24

Does the led clock on the front of the tv box remain with this firmware please?
    Yes. I got it from the manufacturer via a Baidu link :)
    The A24 firmware cannot be rooted with Magisk, it freezes at the T95 logo
    Just google "Allwiner update guide"
    Best with Allwinner PhoenixUSB Pro V4.0.0 tool (You need a usb-A to usb-A cable)
    Transpeed T98-616
    If you want custom rom with root and update 2020.10.21 the room fully working :) its better then stock some memory optimization was done .
    Flash with PhoenixSuit_V1.10
    First change language from russian to english and then connect to the internet run magisk tv box will reboot
    Creators of the room bosia_angel and VPS56:

Download here
    Just thought I would post regarding this box. Not much information on it.
    I bought on a whim without realising the one thing I wanted was missing (Bluetooth). However the box has grown on me.
    Its powered by the new Allwinner H616 Chip. However its performance sucks. For some reason they have forced CPU to 1.4GHz all the time. No point in my opinion, it just causes it to heat up for no reason.

Anyways, it comes fully rooted. I did try and install SuperSU, ended up killing root. So I reflashed it using usb flasher. There is also a new firmware update, which shows when doing wireless update.
    Firmware released is 10.1.12, update takes it up to 10.1.14. So I did update and then factory reset to start fresh. The only problem is, rom is such a mess. App folders every where and system is filled to 100%. I deleted bloat in /system/pre-install folder.

I stopped rooting stuff years ago, so Magisk is newish to me. I thought I would try Magisk manager. Worked great, was able to install Magisk. From then on all root apps worked as I was able to set root access, which is something I could not do before. I also installed kernel auditor and set read ahead on and tweaked the build.prop. This helped speed it up, now stuff like Emulators no longer jerk and stutter.

One downside, Prime video does not work, you have to use Amazon Video (which is their browser alternative).

So hope this helps anyone with the same box.

T95-H616-A24

Can you confirm that the A24 is a chipset version? Because the firmware has different letters and numbers (X18, X19, A21, A24, etc.) and the names Pixel2/MBOX.

This firmware "T95-H616-A24" is 10.1.A24_20210315-1615 and is designed for 2GB/16GB. I don't have 5G WiFi, so I can't confirm if it's for the Dual WiFi version. Version A21 does not work on my device. I have 4GB/64GB with Dual Wifi and firmware was 10.1.A24_20210315-2036 MBOX. This "1615" have slower WiFi speed on 2,4Ghz.

Has anyone tried to investigate where the update system will connect? So you can download the latest original firmware from the manufacturer? How do I identify the device manufacturer if it is not displayed on it? I need original firmware for my device.
    I have this box on magisk 20.4 direct install T95 h616-10.01.14. X18

Have had it for while now it works well with all the apps gms store etc using magisk hide. I will dig out the firmware and post for anyone who wants it. Decent firmware with build.prop tweaks etc applied.

Originally posted by @3mel here is an updated link to T95 MBOX 06.24.20.X18 ROM With Magisk 20.4 just update manager app if need be.

I've found this to be the best firmware for this box, there is a root switch in settings>about menu
    Leave this be as magisk will work with things like adaway because it has system less root.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone