T95 Allwinner H616 TV Box

Search This thread

m1lanco

Apr 25, 2021
Here is the latest firmware with working Wifi

T95-H616-A24

Well I don't or can not explain where got this you know after about 20 tries of different methods using other roms ect I ran across this. T95-H616-A25.img and i said what the hell stuck inthe old tooth pick and it completed which was a shock. So all i did was toggle Root switch and installed a X-plore file manager and sure enough I get into root. Now I am tired i can not tell you if all of BT dual wifi ect works I can say for sure it does load up with usb 4.0 and you do get root.

T95-H616-A25.img = https://mega.nz/file/K8423QyD#0hO5-fR8gm5RUIoENVxwuzYVZv46paOOowFKZVaarKE

I take it back I looked through web history and I found it here "https://www.turewell.com/pages/tvbox-document"
Can you confirm that the A24 is a chipset version? Because the firmware has different letters and numbers (X18, X19, A21, A24, etc.) and the names Pixel2/MBOX.

This firmware "T95-H616-A24" is 10.1.A24_20210315-1615 and is designed for 2GB/16GB. I don't have 5G WiFi, so I can't confirm if it's for the Dual WiFi version. Version A21 does not work on my device. I have 4GB/64GB with Dual Wifi and firmware was 10.1.A24_20210315-2036 MBOX. This "1615" have slower WiFi speed on 2,4Ghz.

Has anyone tried to investigate where the update system will connect? So you can download the latest original firmware from the manufacturer? How do I identify the device manufacturer if it is not displayed on it? I need original firmware for my device.

Last edited:
Reactions: vijay2 and 3mel
May 1, 2021
Sorry for my English. Attention, check you have fake RAM and ROM size. To check the actual size, you need to open the TV box case. and see the labeling of the RAM and ROM chips. The TV box stickers are also fake. I also became a victim of deception (and there are many deceived). After flashing the TV box, it turned out to be 2/16, but it should be 4/64. I thought that this firmware version was not for me, but after checking the microcircuits on the datasheet, I realized that the manufacturer and seller were lying about the true size of RAM and ROM.
Users who have the true size of RAM and ROM after flashing with any version of a24, etc. are of the stated size, not reduced.
Check, open a dispute if you come across fake RAM and ROM.
For example, my ROM marking is PFC52, according to the datasheet it has a size of 16 gb, but it should be 64. RAM I have sec k4b2g0446c with 8 chips of 256 mb each, 8x256 = 2048mb, but it should be 4096mb

Attachments

• IMG_20210424_215447.jpg
    IMG_20210424_215447.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 22
Reactions: m1lanco
May 1, 2021
The photo shows the characteristics of the RAM chip, 512 not megabytes, but megabits, 512 megabits, 4 blocks in each chip. 512 megabitx4 = 2048megabit, now converting to megabytes 2048 megabit / 8 = 256 megabyte per chip. ROM I have like you 16gb

Attachments

• 21659561.png
    21659561.png
    58.9 KB · Views: 20
Don,t flash A24,A25, And X25......All these Roms Have Locked Bootloader
lol i can confirm 100% that my T95 one i bought from Amazon did indeed have a root slide switch in settings and did not work at all. After a few days of mix and matching different roms,boot,bootloaders ect I came across the A25 rom. "ALL I HAD TO WAS SLIDE THE ROOT SWITCH and reboot and it does indeed work dual wifi bluetooth and all. And I sure do have an unlocked boot loader. And Rooted with out using any extra apps at all. Add just to be sure. I flashed back the A24 and root slide did not work. I flashed the A25 and it sure in the hell does work. On box link below I got from amazon. (however its a pos no matter what you do with it.) I have a nvidia shield and a couple mi boxes and a jetstream only reason i bought this is I was high and bored and wanted to see how far regular android came along acting like android tv os. And in my opinion they are all crap. So I just may turn it into a pure linux box. Or toss into the junk box with my crap boxes that started with Boxee.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08CRV62C4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Attachments

• T95H616-A25.jpg
    T95H616-A25.jpg
    966.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
May 1, 2021
I understand that there are two versions of the T95 prefix. The first one without bluetooth and without wifi 5g, firmware for it with the X prefix, and the second version with bluetooth and with wifi 2.4 and 5 ghz, firmware for it with the prefix A. I have a second type of prefix, the root switch is in the settings and it works. bluetooth works.

vijay2

Jan 14, 2007
lol i can confirm 100% that my T95 one i bought from Amazon did indeed have a root slide switch in settings and did not work at all. After a few days of mix and matching different roms,boot,bootloaders ect I came across the A25 rom. "ALL I HAD TO WAS SLIDE THE ROOT SWITCH and reboot and it does indeed work dual wifi bluetooth and all. And I sure do have an unlocked boot loader. And Rooted with out using any extra apps at all. Add just to be sure. I flashed back the A24 and root slide did not work. I flashed the A25 and it sure in the hell does work. On box link below I got from amazon. (however its a pos no matter what you do with it.) I have a nvidia shield and a couple mi boxes and a jetstream only reason i bought this is I was high and bored and wanted to see how far regular android came along acting like android tv os. And in my opinion they are all crap. So I just may turn it into a pure linux box. Or toss into the junk box with my crap boxes that started with Boxee.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08CRV62C4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Brother, you can only downgrade till A24......You cannot downgrade A 21 or A19

chemsul

Dec 13, 2014
I understand that there are two versions of the T95 prefix. The first one without bluetooth and without wifi 5g, firmware for it with the X prefix, and the second version with bluetooth and with wifi 2.4 and 5 ghz, firmware for it with the prefix A. I have a second type of prefix, the root switch is in the settings and it works. bluetooth works.
i agree with you. I have two 4gb/128 memory devices. One device's version is x22 and no bluetooth option in settings. And the other device's version is A22 and bluetooth is ok. If i load the A24 firmware , will the problem solved? Because i don't find A22 version

May 1, 2021
i agree with you. I have two 4gb/128 memory devices. One device's version is x22 and no bluetooth option in settings. And the other device's version is A22 and bluetooth is ok. If i load the A24 firmware , will the problem solved? Because i don't find A22 version
Hello, there must be hardware support for the TV box, for bluetooth and Wi-Fi to work.
If you have a chip installed on the board-AW859A, then you have hardware support for bluetooth and dual-band Wi-Fi, it is enough to flash the firmware version with the prefix A. If you do not have this chip installed on the board, then the firmware with the prefix A will give you nothing.
In the photo there are two versions of the boards, with an AW859A chip, and without a chip.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 17
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    1,013.3 KB · Views: 17
May 1, 2021
I upgraded this a24 version. But memory of my devise was 128 gb , now is 32 GB . Is every memory for diffent firmware? If oki how can I find it?

I upgraded this a24 version. But memory of my devise was 128 gb , now is 32 GB . Is every memory for diffent firmware? If oki how can I find it?
this means that you were deceived with the rom memory; during the sale, the manufacturer modifies the firmware so that the memory shows more memory than it actually is. Some buyers are lucky and they get what they bought, i.e. rom and ram are not fake. You can only check by disassembling the TV box and check the rom and ram markings, according to the datasheet. I wrote about this above.

dacsaba

May 5, 2021
Hi guys i have same tv box with #85 post, letme know which rom good for me, i try upgrade T95-H616-A24.img and 25 too but always have fault:( u have any idea guys? Thy ur answer.

m1lanco

Apr 25, 2021
Hi guys i have same tv box with #85 post, letme know which rom good for me, i try upgrade T95-H616-A24.img and 25 too but always have fault:( u have any idea guys? Thy ur answer.
Hi. This A24 works great. A25 have bugs. Vontar fw in this thread works too. In this device version did not work older version as A24 (but wifi is slower as before). Use SD card to upload firmware. USB cable method does not work. When the Android stick figure appears on the screen, the upload does not work. You don't have to wait. Try a different firmware.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

T95-H616-A24

Well I don't or can not explain where got this you know after about 20 tries of different methods using other roms ect I ran across this. T95-H616-A25.img and i said what the hell stuck inthe old tooth pick and it completed which was a shock. So all i did was toggle Root switch and installed a X-plore file manager and sure enough I get into root. Now I am tired i can not tell you if all of BT dual wifi ect works I can say for sure it does load up with usb 4.0 and you do get root.

T95-H616-A25.img = https://mega.nz/file/K8423QyD#0hO5-fR8gm5RUIoENVxwuzYVZv46paOOowFKZVaarKE

I take it back I looked through web history and I found it here "https://www.turewell.com/pages/tvbox-document"
    Can you confirm that the A24 is a chipset version? Because the firmware has different letters and numbers (X18, X19, A21, A24, etc.) and the names Pixel2/MBOX.

This firmware "T95-H616-A24" is 10.1.A24_20210315-1615 and is designed for 2GB/16GB. I don't have 5G WiFi, so I can't confirm if it's for the Dual WiFi version. Version A21 does not work on my device. I have 4GB/64GB with Dual Wifi and firmware was 10.1.A24_20210315-2036 MBOX. This "1615" have slower WiFi speed on 2,4Ghz.

Has anyone tried to investigate where the update system will connect? So you can download the latest original firmware from the manufacturer? How do I identify the device manufacturer if it is not displayed on it? I need original firmware for my device.
    Those boxes are a nightmare 🤦🏻‍♂️

Does anyone know how to unpack and edit the firmware so I can preload some apps etc?

Im also failing to get the boot animation to change 🤷‍♂️
    I think they only way to edit system partitions on android 10 up is via ADB or like you planned, via flashing. technically speaking magisk works too but I don't think that's what you're looking for.
    you're on the right site to find guides about building a rom but it definitely won't be in this forum. maybe there are some commands in terminal that can create a dump, I'm guessing though, this is outside my experience. what you want seems like it should be doable. DON'T GIVE UP

very old guide, maybe read and ask if any of this is still meaningful.

T95-H616-A24

Does the led clock on the front of the tv box remain with this firmware please?
    Yes. I got it from the manufacturer via a Baidu link :)
    The A24 firmware cannot be rooted with Magisk, it freezes at the T95 logo
    Just google "Allwiner update guide"
    Best with Allwinner PhoenixUSB Pro V4.0.0 tool (You need a usb-A to usb-A cable)
    Transpeed T98-616
    If you want custom rom with root and update 2020.10.21 the room fully working :) its better then stock some memory optimization was done .
    Flash with PhoenixSuit_V1.10
    First change language from russian to english and then connect to the internet run magisk tv box will reboot
    Creators of the room bosia_angel and VPS56:

Download here
    Just thought I would post regarding this box. Not much information on it.
    I bought on a whim without realising the one thing I wanted was missing (Bluetooth). However the box has grown on me.
    Its powered by the new Allwinner H616 Chip. However its performance sucks. For some reason they have forced CPU to 1.4GHz all the time. No point in my opinion, it just causes it to heat up for no reason.

Anyways, it comes fully rooted. I did try and install SuperSU, ended up killing root. So I reflashed it using usb flasher. There is also a new firmware update, which shows when doing wireless update.
    Firmware released is 10.1.12, update takes it up to 10.1.14. So I did update and then factory reset to start fresh. The only problem is, rom is such a mess. App folders every where and system is filled to 100%. I deleted bloat in /system/pre-install folder.

I stopped rooting stuff years ago, so Magisk is newish to me. I thought I would try Magisk manager. Worked great, was able to install Magisk. From then on all root apps worked as I was able to set root access, which is something I could not do before. I also installed kernel auditor and set read ahead on and tweaked the build.prop. This helped speed it up, now stuff like Emulators no longer jerk and stutter.

One downside, Prime video does not work, you have to use Amazon Video (which is their browser alternative).

So hope this helps anyone with the same box.

T95-H616-A24

I have this box on magisk 20.4 direct install T95 h616-10.01.14. X18

Have had it for while now it works well with all the apps gms store etc using magisk hide. I will dig out the firmware and post for anyone who wants it. Decent firmware with build.prop tweaks etc applied.

Originally posted by @3mel here is an updated link to T95 MBOX 06.24.20.X18 ROM With Magisk 20.4 just update manager app if need be.

I've found this to be the best firmware for this box, there is a root switch in settings>about menu
    Leave this be as magisk will work with things like adaway because it has system less root.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone